Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2001 11:13:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 2:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Concerning the harmless "Wet and Wild" post and your response before locking it.

[b]Now before everyone has a fit because I locked this thread. I am guilty of letting this type of thread slip by as was pointed out in another thread by Miss Magnum. It got me thinking about the fact women who post here are generally accepted but usually given a very rough time. These women are our best weapon against the Million Misguided Moms and other such anti-gun groups, and we drive them away with our "boys night out attitude". So I would like to ask everyone to respect the fact our female members are offended by this type of thread and don't start them.[/b]

Your statement is truly pathetic and sickens me. You are only creating animosity towards women who don't need a "White Knight", to save them from us.

My question is: Were you ever a man before becoming a Moderator?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
GB, while I agree that we need a code of ethics, this is the GD forum and should be treated as such. we all have choices to make, to read a thread which may offend you is one of them. to me this is the same as someone buying a playboy, then bitchin cuz they are offended by the smut inside.
As I said in another thread, I bet I could find something offensive to someone in just about every thread, including our library of icons
such as[):)] or [@:D]
my point is this is a great place because it puts together a whole range of things, from info to flame wars. thats why I come here.
How many times have you or any other mods had to lock threads on any other forums except the GD forum ??? we keep things pretty much where they belong and treat the forums accordingly.
I am not trying to sound like a jerk here, but no one is forcing anyone to read or respond to anything here, so if you read a post that is offensive to you, either leave it and go on to the next topic or stay and debate it, and that might get a little ugly, but thats what having discussions is all about.
and as to your comment in another thread that a member should tone it down or be shown the door, that honor should be saved for only those who have shown, on a reugular and cosistant basis that they are only here to cause trouble.
I like this site, and want to see it grow and improve, thats why I ponied up the dough and joined, but it must also remain a place where people can exprees their anger, feelings, emotions, patriotism or whatever. thats what the GD forum should be for.
rant complete...
51 out...
have a nice day !!![:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top