Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 10:39:30 AM EDT
It seemed like a very simple job but I think I screwed it up a little.

When I had the fixed A2 stock the buffer assembly seemed to stop perfectly at the buffer retainer.

When I install the telestock with the different buffer assembly it didn't seem to work correctly when you pushed the buffer in, like when the bolt carrier moves back.  The pin comes up pretty high and even comes out sometimes.

Because of this the bolt carrier isn't working right and the retaining pin is coming out when firing.

What is wrong?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you need one more turn on the stock
GG
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
OH!!!!

Thanks you guys are the best!
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#3]
One turn may be too much as the stock tube may be to long.  It can't bind the buffer retainer.  If it does you will have to file some material off the end of the stock tube.  The stock tube is what actually holds the buffer retainer in place, preventing it from coming out.  It shouldn't touch the nipple on the buffer retainer but cover the shoulder to prevent it from popping out.  When you file the stock tube file it square.

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know that the tube had to cover any of the pin so I turned it twice, which was too much so I backed it off once and it still hold the pin in without touching the nipple.

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like you got it right.  Good for you.
Happy shooting!
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup, it works perfect.  Just one twist, no filing or anything.

I just fired off 100 rounds of SA ammo without a hitch!
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top