Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 6:49:51 PM EDT
Going to N.O. at the end of the week to recover stuff and check on property, taking family members who live there. I don't see a problem with having a pistol on my person, concealed, I have a license.

Any problems with having a long gun in a bag ?... not a case, a bag, nothing screaming "gun."

Obviously I am not going to wave the fucking thing around, but it would be nice to have it in my truck.

FWIW: I'm white (this seems to matter these days), am driving a $40k truck, and am clean cut.

ETA: I'd like to take an AR carbine, but I'm tempted to just bring a Shotgun... If it gets took, well, I'm out a few hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
When I went home last week to check on my stuff (kenner/jefferson parish) I open carried my Sig 229 and 2 spare mags, and no one said anything, including the many LEO's I ran into and national guard. Now, open carry is not legal in orleans parish from my understanding, so dont try that, but MY experience is that as long as you dont look like a nut, and dont wave the thing around, you will be fine. Just keep it out of sight until/if you need it.

I also have had several friends get their stuff from the uptown area, and they also took firearms with them, and they were never questioned about it.

Cliff Notes: Head down, mouth shut, armed to the teeth...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks dude, Uptown and the GD are the area I am going in to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top