BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Good point. We also don't know whether the dead guy had been screwing the kid's girlfriend, enraging the kid and leading him to drive badly in hopes of baiting the guy into chasing him 3 miles and then hitting him with a car. The whole thing might well have been a set up, with murder as the ultimate goal.

Hell, it may not have been the same the kid. It may have been his twin brother, of whom the police are entirely unaware, who is a trained killer who lies in wait in the bushes by the front door and every time somebody comes into the yard and hits one of his relatives with a car, jumps out and beats the driver to death.

Of course, it could be that the guy driving the car had just been fucked in the ass in a public bathroom before he was cut off in traffic, contracted fast-acting HIV, and died of AIDS just before the kid hit him.

On the other hand, the guy who was beaten to death may not have been the driver who hit the kid with the car. Maybe the driver had a twin brother hiding in the back floorboard, and in the confusion following the chase and the attack, the guilty driver escaped and his innocent brother got in the front seat, totally unaware of the attack, intending only to move the car, and was beaten to death for no reason at all!

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Updated. The kid got released today.

www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--roadrage0915sep15,0,5504116.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey

Looks like NJ has one of those "Beat Feet" self defense laws...

Rocco Cipparone, a criminal defense lawyer who also teaches a criminal law course at Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, said to establish self-defense in New Jersey, a suspect must show that there was a reasonable expectation of death or serious bodily harm, must not have had an escape route and must use the minimum amount of force necessary to get out of the situation.

Dead guy's ol'lady has already started the modified version of "The Watts Wail"...

"My husband never got out of the car," she said. "He was strapped to his seat. He never had a chance."
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The boy, she said, is an "excellent student, which is why this is very uncharacteristic."

This last line especially irks me. Since when is defending your life "uncharacteristic" of an "excellent student".

Any type of self defensive behavior seems uncharacteristic to sheepl like a school superintendant.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
2 punches and he KILLS the guy??  Holy shit!!!  I wouldn't want to run the ball on that kid!!!  I bet a ref will think twice about ever throwing a flag on that kid!!!  

HOLY SHIT!!!   HE KILLED that SOB!!!  2 punches!!!

Can you imagine this kid trap-blocking or pulling and hitting somebody?? HOLY SHIT!!  I bet he'll go pro!!!

He could give Squatdog a run for his money
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote from the news story.

Zucker said the teen, whose name has not been released by authorities because of his age, planned to play in Friday night's football game.

Ok, the kid plays offense and defense, he's built like a mac truck. and is playing friday night.  Bet the other team wont put up to much of a fight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Dead guy's ol'lady has already started the modified version of "The Watts Wail"...

"My husband never got out of the car," she said. "He was strapped to his seat. He never had a chance."

The dead husband had 3 miles of chances
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#7]
How could you trust a newspaper that doesn't proof read?

The teen, a junior offensive and defensive lineman on Lindenwold High School's football team, must were wear an electronic monitoring device except during football games, said his lawyer, Jeffrey Zucker. A family court judge ordered the boy released during a closed hearing.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 All the way from being "cut off" to being dead.

What was the dummy thinking?  "No, he's not that big, the truck just was lifted a few inches"?
I mean, it's not that a clue wasn't available.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The guy was assaulting the kid with a deadly weapon. I got no sympathy for him.

When there are police involved shooting and the police claim "they were coming right at me", and the bullet holes are in the side of the car.........................................

If he can punch the driver of a vehicle twice, is the car moving? Is he in a place where he can be run over?

Seems like to dopes ran into each other, and egged more dopiness out of each other.

what?  I couldn't disagree more.  A guy gets HIT BY A CAR, gets up and defends himself and you you say they "egged more dopiness out of each other"????

Have you lost your fucking mind?

Once the threat is gone, so is the Right to self defense. If he is standing next to a non-moving vehicle, is he in imminent danger?

The answer is NO.

Yes, they egged more dopiness out of each other.

Cutting off
Following
Yelling, screaming
etc. Probably not either one of their best days.

Of course "cutting off" is open to interpretation. If you don'y have to take evasive action, brake HARD etc. to avoid a crash you were not "cut off" IMHO. Your comfort zone may have been intruded into, but cut off, no.

bull fucking shit. the guy HIT the kid with the car, guy was still behind the wheel of the car, making him still in possession of the dealy weapon used in the ATEMPTED MURDER.  Just because someone stabbed at you with a knife and missed doesn't mean the thread isn't gone.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Rocco Cipparone, a criminal defense lawyer who also teaches a criminal law course at Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, said to establish self-defense in New Jersey, a suspect must show that there was a reasonable expectation of death or serious bodily harm,

Car.  Check.  

must not have had an escape route

Car fast, person slow.  Check.  

and must use the minimum amount of force necessary to get out of the situation.

Only punched twice.  Check.  

Conclusion?  He walks.  Moreso from the fact that no jury is going to want to ruin the life of a 17 year old good kid who was put in a bad situation.  In addition, its New Jersey.  DA will probably lose all the evidence before trial anyway.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The pussification of America continues.

Yup.

AB
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AWESOME WAY OF PUTTING IT!!!!

Some people woudl say the kid didn't have a chance against the 2 tons of metal and rage that ran into him. Action... reaction. It's basic physics. Too bad for him physics wasn't playing by his rules.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy shit! I guess when this kid says "I'll knock you into the hereafter", he ain't bullshittin'!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link to a new related thread.  It might get locked for dupe but maybe not.  Either way, you won't believe what's going on now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top