Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2001 10:21:38 AM EDT
you '60 guys had better remember this one..

"Relax said the nightman"
"We are programmed to receive"
"You can check out any time you like"
"But you can never leave...."
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
thats easy

Hotel California - the eagles

im a kid from the 80s and i know that one
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
60s.  That was late 70s, early 80s.

How old are you?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I hear that GODDAMN song every night on the juke box at my work. I already have permission from the boss that if a firefight breaks out, I can shoot the juke box, the lobster tank and the milkshake machine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I like that song...That's one of my all time favorite.

Specially when they redid it again unplug and with accoustic only.  That was nice...real nice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
60s.  That was late 70s, early 80s.

How old are you?
View Quote

Really? I was thinking the Eagles was a band from the '60s, guess my brain has finally been fried from too much work.

I'm 50 if you must know.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hear that GODDAMN song every night on the juke box at my work. I already have permission from the boss that if a firefight breaks out, I can shoot the juke box, the lobster tank and the milkshake machine.
View Quote

Good plan but I suggest you eat the lobster, drink the milkshake, then waste it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The Eagles fucking suck.  They're an ambomination to both rock and country genres.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Except that it came out in 1976. Was the last Eagles album featuring Randy Meisner. That is the absolutely most worn out Eagles ditty in existence. What about all of their other good tunes, Like [i]Take It To The Limit, Tequila Sunrise, Ol' 55, Long Run, New Kid In Town, One Of These Nights[/i], etc.? I have all of the Eagles old stuff and [i]Hotel California[/i] [b]DOES [i]NOT[/i][/b] get played!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#9]
THE EAGLES HAVE SOLD ALOT OF ALBUMS FOR SUCKING SO BAD RAVEN,HOW IS THAT?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
So has Liberace and the Backstreet Boys.  Does that make them good?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#11]
When the EAGLES split, thier response to the media was that they will get together "when hell freezes over".....SSSOOOO when they went on tour again a couple years ago(99?) they named the tour the "hell freezes over tour" and the tapes cd`s albums you name it....there is a updated version of hotel cal. on it ...it`s a good album for any eagle fans....some good old songs.......[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#12]
GOOD POINT RAVEN.....LOL
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Eagles fucking suck.  They're an ambomination to both rock and country genres.
View Quote

I knew there were more people like me out there somewhere.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#14]
agree with raven.hotel california is a drug and devel glorification trashy album.lines on the mirror lines on her face o how obvious and simple.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Preach it brother raven, preach it!

I also hate Don Henley who has to pepper his lyrics with stupid references to techie and Internet stuff to show he's still relevant and not really a dried up old fart recycling the same crummy music.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I liked their cowboy themed "Desperado" album..

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By black&green:
When the EAGLES split, thier response to the media was that they will get together "when hell freezes over".....SSSOOOO when they went on tour again a couple years ago(99?) they named the tour the "hell freezes over tour" and the tapes cd`s albums you name it....there is a updated version of hotel cal. on it ...it`s a good album for any eagle fans....some good old songs.......[smoke]
View Quote

More like '93 or '94, big man, but otherwise you're exactly right (I remember b/c I was in 8th grade when the tour came out, which I BARELY missed getting tickets to, and that was over 8 years ago).
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh my, there was a time back in the '70s if you said anything blasphemous about the Eagles it could get the dog snot beat out of you in western Nebraska where Randy Meisner was from. I went to college for a spell in Scottsbluff and used to drink beer and do other quasi-legal things with Dana, Randy's oldest son. Father and son formed a band later on called "Black Tie" that existed only briefly. A few years ago, some jackass was busted for impersonating Randy for the past eighteen years or so. Caused a lot of trouble for him and was part of the reason he wasn't invited on the "Hell Freezes Over" tour (the guy was quoted in the press and tabloids for some outrageous acts and statements that were wrongly attributed to Randy).

[b][i]You can't hide your lyin' eyes, and your smile is a thin disguise,

I thought by now you'd realize, there ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes[/i][/b]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#19]
A little off topic, but somewhat related: There really was a "Hotel California" Any of you guys know where it was located?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#20]
California?

Just a wild ass guess.

BTW, I like Joe Walsh.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jim Dandy:
View Quote
Except that it came out in 1976. Was the last Eagles album featuring Randy Meisner. That is the absolutely most worn out Eagles ditty in existence. What about all of their other good tunes, Like [i]Take It To The Limit, Tequila Sunrise, Ol' 55, Long Run, New Kid In Town, One Of These Nights[/i], etc.? I have all of the Eagles old stuff and [i]Hotel California[/i] [b]DOES [i]NOT[/i][/b] get played!!!!!!
View Quote

Boy, I agree. I have all their albums on cassette and the first four are the only ones I listen to.

I went to high school and ran around with Randy's cousin who moved down from Scottsbluff. This was in the mid-late '70's.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Randy was an all right guy. Did a lot for the area. My roomie was up for a lead singer spot in a local band that Dana was putting together once. Got to go out and listen to those guys jam. I felt like Wayne and Garth when they met Alice Cooper, "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!!!!!" Anyway, it was in a house catty-corner from the Scottsbluff PD. Randy had a kick-ass car collection in the attached garage. Some odd stuff like a Superbird, Hemi 'Cuda, '56 Crown Vics, all kind of different stuff, I can't even do justice to what was there. At any rate, a [b]BIG[/b] Eagles fan here. Guess you got to know 'em to appreciate 'em.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By black&green:
View Quote

More like '93 or '94, big man, but otherwise you're exactly right (I remember b/c I was in 8th grade when the tour came out, which I BARELY missed getting tickets to, and that was over 8 years ago).
View Quote
                                           O K KID........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top