Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:01:23 PM EDT
www.kimdutoit.com/ee/index.php/rant/single/8777/

"Must emphasize that following is for serious operators only.  Amateurs need not apply.

Gary Jackson from Blackwater called today asking for help in recruiting security personnel to work in New Orleans. He needs 200 operators right away. Pay is $200.00/day, plus expenses.  Transportation, per diem, lodging, and necessary equipment provided.  No time to train.  You need to be good to go when your feet hit the ground.  It is a 14-day gig, which will probably be extended.  Operators are to provide security for museums, critical infrastructure, and convoys.

Gary emphasized this is no job for amateurs.  He needs ‘gun people’ who know how to ‘operate effectively.’

For those interested, Gary’s contact number at Blackwater is: 252 435 2488, ext 324."

Just thought I'd post this for the members of the 67th Chairborne here .
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Make that now sitting in an a/c'ed room watching TV.  But then again. Play with guns.... HMmmm
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I would love to go, and I could prob pull it off with my training/backround, but I make that now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
That seems like weak pay, especially considering the duration.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Only prob is that the pay really is weak considering the duration and the work involved(as stated above), and to top it off, for such a short duration job with such pay, you ain't gonna find many "operators" willing to give up what they already have to go do that.

Not only that but you don't just find "operators" sitting around spanking off and waiting for these sorts of job opportunities to come along.  The guys they want are already doing somthing that makes more money than is being offered. Hell, I make close to that already but my work for the DoD is long term, steady, and comes with benifits that this NO job dosn't.

Maybe some freshly retired guys might step up as a short duration thing before they move on to bigger and better things, but methinks it will be hard to get good staff on such short notice.

All the really good ones are in the sandbox(or just got back) or have other things going on(such as Simplydynamic).

Chris
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Add a zero and I'll use some vacation time...........
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
That is shit pay, but if you don't have to be an ex-SEAL/Ranger/SF wonder NINJA...
Then you can count me in!
I need a little excitement dammit.
Placing call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually it's not bad pay, most operators do not make much more than that no matter how many CIA "black ops" they have under their belt.

I'd consider it if I had more extensive training and background in terms of how these guys interact with each other, I'm pretty versed on how they interact with bad people.

Plus I'm a little older these days and being in the hot fucking sun surrounded by ungrateful assholes isn't how I like to spend my weekends.

If it was 10 years ago and I was closer, maybe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is shit pay, but if you don't have to be an ex-SEAL/Ranger/SF wonder NINJA...
Then you can count me in!
I need a little excitement dammit.
Placing call tomorrow.

Good luck. Watch your six and keep us informed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]
fuck that.  That water you would be swimming in is toxic. At least in Iraq you can see your enemy. Bacteria is no joke.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I didnt see anything on the Blackwater page.

Is this for real?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#12]
if its true there scraping the bottom of the barrel. theres shit loads of troops and law down there now....seems little wierd to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I know just the guys for this,

The Guys at Cavalry Arms. those guys are really good at this stuff.  Seems like they are always going to training and such.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#14]
That would be cool.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
if its true there scraping the bottom of the barrel. theres shit loads of troops and law down there now....seems little wierd to me.

I don't think they are recruiting for "black pajama" late night hunting parties. I think they are just subcontracting out some of the security jobs. Locals seem to have proven unreliable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I know just the guys for this,

The Guys at Cavalry Arms. those guys are really good at this stuff.  Seems like they are always going to training and such.

Damn if they go I gotta go.

Donuts count as MREs right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
fuck that.  That water you would be swimming in is toxic. At least in Iraq you can see your enemy. Bacteria is no joke.

That's why you spray your twig n' berries with pruning seal first...

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Nah. Figure most of their "high speed" guys are in dangerous places like Iraq.

Why send a highly trained former SF soldier to stand in front of a museum in NOLA, when they could be used in Iraq?

The risk in NOLA isn't high. They just need a "presence". A former infantry guy who knows his way around an AR-15 would probably do just fine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#19]
exactly and i bet these guys that call up and go down there and see what a shit fest it is are gonna be real reliable. just doesnt seem to me like there gonna be getting any quality at all. presence? shit the 82 airborne is down there not to mention half the feds in the country and national guard units.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds fishy to me. Weak pay, asks for "gun people" and doesn't specify training at all? If I'm wrong I'll eat my words.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I have no interest in doing this nor am I qualified, (which I would probably think about doing if I was) But how does it work? DO you bring all your own firearms and gear? or they supply you with that?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck that. Jim Rockford was making $200.00 a day plus expenses back in 1975 and he was always getting his ass kicked.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I didnt see anything on the Blackwater page.

Is this for real?

Call them and find out .

I trust the person it came from, and the phone number matches, I'll give them a call tomorrow and make sure this is a real offer.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]
All questions can be answered with a phone call people.
My interest is peaked enough to make the call, but if they tell me I can only use THEIR .38 special and I get 2 bullets, all while wearing a where's waldo shirt then I'm obviously going to tell them what they can do with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Wonder if they would take a 370lbs guy?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Do we get a free Blackwater hat?

crap, got all this gear, but I'm just a lowly amatuer...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Wonder if they would take a 370lbs guy?

I hope your like....7'6"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My interest is peaked enough to make the call, but if they tell me I can only use THEIR .38 special and I get 2 bullets, all while wearing a where's waldo shirt then I'm obviously going to tell them what they can do with it.

<prick pedant mode>
Your interest is "piqued", not "peaked".......
</prick pedant mode>
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<prick pedant mode>
</prick pedant mode>

Does this mean I am disqualified?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<prick pedant mode>
</prick pedant mode>

Does this mean I am disqualified?

Yeah, I think so.  I'll call my contacts at Blackwater in the morning and see.  I was a SEAL, you know.......

I wonder if they will take my 270 pound out of shape ass, with no prior military experience?  I AM a "gun people" though!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How about he just hires the 30% of New Orleans police office who walked/swam off the job once the shit hit the fan.

Their squad cars are ready to go, sitting in the HPD parking lots
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387460
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

That is VERY low pay, for the type of job they will be doing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Actually it's not bad pay, most operators do not make much more than that no matter how many CIA "black ops" they have under their belt.

I'd consider it if I had more extensive training and background in terms of how these guys interact with each other, I'm pretty versed on how they interact with bad people.

Plus I'm a little older these days and being in the hot fucking sun surrounded by ungrateful assholes isn't how I like to spend my weekends.

If it was 10 years ago and I was closer, maybe.

I know security consultants who make that much an hour.  They are doing training, primarily though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#37]
shit i dont make that much for 3 days of busting my ass for 9 hours a day, if i was 21 i would swipe that in a heart beat
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I call dupe.  Sorry guys this has all been covered already.

I have called and am waiting to see if I want to go or not.

As for scrapping the bottom of the barrel I don't think so.  With my training and background I better not be bottom of the barrel.

I havea good job where I make more than what they are offering but I'm thinking of taking some vacation time and going down to do my part for a state inneed.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:28:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Got a link? I want to see the post that beat me too it .
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I havea good job where I make more than what they are offering but I'm thinking of taking some vacation time and going down to do my part for a state inneed.

DAMN SKIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

What, with 30% of ther NOPD walking off the job, there's dogs that need shootin' and innocent folks that need terrorizin'......

Seriously- Drop me an IM when you hear back, and let me know how "Ad-hoc" this sounds....I have several guys in my Infantry Company (NG) that want to get into doing contract work in IRQ, but feel they need a foothold. This might be just the ticket.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Ummm, wasn't there a guy here a couple of days ago offering $400.00/day for those with the proper certs? Maybe on Friday?

ETA linkage
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385935
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:45:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You were beat by 4 days

It was in the Brothers of the Shield forum, in order for people who could and would go to see it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Sucks I dont have LEo or military exp. I can handle myself and situations very well and not freak out to. Oh well.... God speed to those going.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You were beat by 4 days

It was in the Brothers of the Shield forum, in order for people who could and would go to see it.

Well, then it isn't a dupe, because I posted it for the members of the 67th Chairborne to see it .

Seriously, I have to give you guys credit, four days is impressive considering how much time I spend looking for this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Hell, even I make more than that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Its not about the money, its about doing something useful and getting to play with guns.  If I had knees I'd seriously think about doing somethign like this.  Added benefit is you get to put 'worked security as Blackwater operator' in your resume.  Even with no training, you can probably get in the door to a lot of places where you probably couldn't have before.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:43:32 AM EDT
[#47]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:57:54 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Sucks I dont have LEo or military exp. I can handle myself and situations very well and not freak out to. Oh well.... God speed to those going.

Same here.  I've been going crazy trying to think of a way to get myself down there that would pay(since I really want to go, but I know I would probably loose my job) and this would be right up my alley.  Definetly know my way around an AR, even how to shoot it well, but I've got no LEO or mil experiance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Hrmmm. Wade through shit, death, and
looters for what amounts to a $48,000
a year job. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:51:42 AM EDT
[#50]
the pay is WAY too low and they prolly wouldn't let you carry your favorite toys...

now it would be different if you could carry yer AK or AR and yer 1911 and get to lay down some fields of fire once in a while
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top