Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2005 5:05:57 PM EDT
i was given a 3 pack of these.  
anyone have personal experience with these, that can tell me what i can expect?
i just want to make sure i'm safe and not caught offguard, as i'll be shooting it off as a 1st time guest on someone elses land.
it'll be the 1st time meeting the land owner, and i don't want to be remembered as the guy who caught the back 40 on fire.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen pictures of them. They shoot fire for what seems like 100+ feet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I fired one of these from 20 feet at a stack of computer monitor boxes. Boxes were On Fu^%ng fire right now! These will be excelent for denying night vission to the suprised, and make excelent signals. And the lighting on fire part is so cool.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
From the pictures I've seen, you may want to save those shells for another day.

I have no first hand experience because the state of Iowa is afraid I'll hurt somebody if I buy some of those. "Destructive Device" or some such thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like they would be the hot-setup when you're in a heavy situation and you need to repel boarders "Like Right Now"...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the active chemical?  Phosphorous?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It would be funny to slip one of them in a buddys shotgun while dove hunting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Oh dude...that's fucking great!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Rost dove
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe this stuff is new or maybe not.  I'm just wondering why I've seen it come up a lot lately.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I dumped two of them at once out of a coach gun. I couldn't tell whether or not they were cool due to the fact that my retinas were seared and my pupils were no longer admitting any further light to my brain.

The bystanders all said that it was very very impressive. Like a giant column of white fire. I highly recommend that you refain from firing them near anything flammable. I had one out of the pack that launched like a flare, and then burned on the ground for quite some time.

Good stuff, I may have to get more!

GT
"Hey 'yall, watch this!"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
OK, why?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Or while trap shooting at the fu fu range with all the uptight fuckwads!!!
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I cannot stop laghing at the mental image I got from reading that
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I just thought of a new use in a SHTF senario. If you are being "Pursued" across an dry brushy environment, you could easily use three of these to start a brush fire. Or in a urban situation if you needed smoke to cover your movement but lacked smoke grenades. Well, I guess I need some more.... Glad you brought up the subject.

Think about it.. If you took cover in a parking lot and need that "holly would if she could" effect. You could put two slugs in after one of these into your shottie, and thump a gas tank at 50 feet twice with the slugs ,....wait one for it to spill out,..... Light off one of these under the target car, and voi'la! instant colum of black smoke. Then it is time to move out.

I know... Its a little too James " the redneck " Bond , but it will work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or while trap shooting at the fu fu range with all the uptight fuckwads!!!
CH

I had planned to try it with the "big mouth" of the group on opening day-duck season but the asshole ended up moving before I got the chance...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh dude...that's fucking great!  

Crap!  There were some guys out shooting doves this morning. And most of them were LEOs, city type LEOs .

I wish I had seen this thread earlier.  

Uhhhmmm, maybe not, wouldn't want a flaming dove landing in the middle of a dry corn field.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#17]
hmmmmmm, sounds like i better fire it off over a body of water.  
i'll be with 5 non-shooters, and i need to leave them with good memories.
i'll take pics for them to have, but i want to make sure they have something to talk about.
i'll do the dragons' breath, i'll also be bringing:
le6920
cetme  
9mm uzi sbr
pistol grip 12ga pump with mags
sar1 with 75rnd drum
garand
ndm-86 dragunov
argentine colt sistema 27
fn49 (stg is out to azex for refinish)
polish m44 boom stick
and a rem 597 22lr for the ladies to start off with

and, no, i won't forget to bring the tannerite.  i figure i'll set up the tannerite and have everyone take aim with their own rifle and fire together on the count of three. someone is bound to hit it, and they can all feel as though it was their bullit that did the trick.  
i can't wait to watch their reaction to that.

thanks for all the replies. i re-read them one last time before hitting submit, and i'll definately be doing it after dark, without saying anything to anyone, and over water.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#18]
they and bird bombs usta be a blast ya cant get the birds any  more but i shure would like some of these in my kit
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

thanks for all the replies. i re-read them one last time before hitting submit, and i'll definately be doping it after dark, without saying anything to anyone, and over water.

You should always do your doping after dark, and you should probably save those shells for after it gets dark, but before you start doping....

And wear sunglasses. Seriously. Nearly welding arc bright if I remember right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#20]
those 15mm bird bombs and screemers were fun as shit. damn shame i can shoot leathal weapons all day long, but i can't get a noise maker

edit to thank gravity tester for pointing out my fat finger clipping the "p" key. no more doping, but copious amounts of the nectar of the gods will be flowing after the shooting is over.

hey, maybe those dragons' breath things could be used as a quick bonfire starter...who needs kindling,when you have those things.

sunglasses = great idea.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Or y'all could rub some SPF 900 sunblock on and shoot them at eachother.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I shot one once.
My friends father bought a three pack from Dennis Duphile (sp) aka Devious Dennis the Booby Trap Menace.
Well, we had a sand pit at our club, we had over 100 yards of sand to shoot over, nice old glacial deposited dry sand. I had a single shot H&R 12 gauge that we were using.....
We parked the car and got out. My buddy handed me the round. Eyes and ears on, I loaded it, cocked the hammer, aimed over the barrel at the distant berm and fired. The ball of fire, from my perspective, looked like a crude bundle of sparks, like bad special effects from the old Star Trek. Unfortunately, it flew straight and level for the 100+ yards-I swear it didn't dip one bit. I kept hoping it would burn out-the label said 75 yard range. maybe at 75 yards it wouldn't burn through Chobham armor.
When it finally hit the berm-it was like watching a car accident in slow motion-it exploded into about 10 fucking billion little micro spark bundles.
Did I mention that we were on private land surrounded by several thousand acres of state management area? That is significant.
As the little sparks landed they set everything on fire-trees, grass, old leaves, squirrels, I mean everything they touched burst into flames. My buddy and I looked at each other with our by then patented "Holy shit we are totally fucked now" looks and then looked back at what was turning a respectably sized wall of flame. As we ran towards it it grew exponentially. We piled sand on it, we stomped on the flames, we even pissed on it. We fought the fire alone, with our hands, for about two hours.
When it finally was out we had burned about an acre, maybe more. the bottoms of our boots were melted, we coughed up black shit for a week, and our eyebrows were singed.  

this was in 1985. I still have the last two rounds around here somewhere.

Shoot it over water. Preferably from the deck of a steel ship from a 45" long barrel so the muzzle is away from the boat so you don't have to explain to the ferry captain why you just set 40 cars and 300 suitcases of tourist clothes on fire while he's trying to steal your lifevest. Make sure it's a large body of water-the Atlantic would be a good reference for the size I recomend.

have fun!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Shot off three in daylight. One into the air, cloudy conditions. Two at the range, sunny conditions.
Not very bright; some sparks and lots of smoke.
Waste of money, IMHO. "birdbombs" are MUCH better, too bad they stopped selling them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#25]
anyone know where to get any of these they sound like fun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I shot one once.
My friends father bought a three pack from Dennis Duphile (sp) aka Devious Dennis the Booby Trap Menace.
Well, we had a sand pit at our club, we had over 100 yards of sand to shoot over, nice old glacial deposited dry sand. I had a single shot H&R 12 gauge that we were using.....
We parked the car and got out. My buddy handed me the round. Eyes and ears on, I loaded it, cocked the hammer, aimed over the barrel at the distant berm and fired. The ball of fire, from my perspective, looked like a crude bundle of sparks, like bad special effects from the old Star Trek. Unfortunately, it flew straight and level for the 100+ yards-I swear it didn't dip one bit. I kept hoping it would burn out-the label said 75 yard range. maybe at 75 yards it wouldn't burn through Chobham armor.
When it finally hit the berm-it was like watching a car accident in slow motion-it exploded into about 10 fucking billion little micro spark bundles.
Did I mention that we were on private land surrounded by several thousand acres of state management area? That is significant.
As the little sparks landed they set everything on fire-trees, grass, old leaves, squirrels, I mean everything they touched burst into flames. My buddy and I looked at each other with our by then patented "Holy shit we are totally fucked now" looks and then looked back at what was turning a respectably sized wall of flame. As we ran towards it it grew exponentially. We piled sand on it, we stomped on the flames, we even pissed on it. We fought the fire alone, with our hands, for about two hours.
When it finally was out we had burned about an acre, maybe more. the bottoms of our boots were melted, we coughed up black shit for a week, and our eyebrows were singed.  

Shoot it over water. Preferably from the deck of a steel ship from a 45" long barrel so the muzzle is away from the boat so you don't have to explain to the ferry captain why you just set 40 cars and 300 suitcases of tourist clothes on fire while he's trying to steal your lifevest. Make sure it's a large body of water-the Atlantic would be a good reference for the size I recomend.

have fun!

OMFG, I think I just pissed myself  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I've never seen one of these shot off, so I googled for a pic.  Here it is for you guys who've never seen one either.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#28]
whoa...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................that was pretty friggin'sweet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I shot one once.

have fun!

holy o' fuck, i'm dying over here. that is too funny.
i'm most definately going to shoot the thing off over water, being a devious little shit when i was a ,er, kid, i know first hand what it's like to have an unintended out of control fire.
i know of this patented "Holy shit we are totally fucked now" look that you speak of.

i guess the only thing i'm still curious about, is if they are as loud as a regular round.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#31]
quick google turned up these guys sell all that stupid shit
www.atlasammo.com/
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
xzodus.com/gifs/dragonboy.jpg

Yup, something like that. But I did 2 of 'em at once, and could see nothing but spots and stars for a good 20 minutes after the event. Like a solid beam of fire from the muzzle of the gun. I could not even imagine shooting AT someone with one of those......

GT
I really hate being set on fire.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
GT
I really hate being set on fire.....

[Johnny Cash] I fell into a burning ring of fire...[/Johnny Cash]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I've never seen one of these shot off, so I googled for a pic.  Here it is for you guys who've never seen one either.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Phased plasma rifle in the 500-watt range.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:04:23 AM EDT
[#36]
A buddy and I shot about 6 of them on evening years ago ( mid 80's). They look like a long flash of light and only lasted a second or so. Pretty cool.

Be sure to clean your barrel after you get done because the ones we shot rusted the barrel when my friend failed to clean it that evening. When he cleaned the barrel the next day, it was rusted pretty bad.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:50:31 AM EDT
[#37]
i've had rust happen in less than 4 hours before, and it sucks mightally.  
damn, i hate corrosive ammo, and moisture in the air.
i'll try my best to be on it like white on rice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#38]
I can get all those fun loads at my local fun shop.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#39]
I could see the news headline firing that around here right now.......    Imagine how much the bill would be for burning 50,000 acres of forest land

I'd love to try a couple out but I think I'll wait till the forest is under 3-4 feet of ice and snow this winter.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
they and bird bombs usta be a blast ya cant get the birds any  more but i shure would like some of these in my kit

Illegal in the state of FL.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Tag....for what I dunno, since I'm leaving soon. I'm gonna have to pick some of those up after I get back though.

-Storm
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:49:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I onced worked for an internet gun & ammo brokerage, & I had an order for 400 rds from a N.O. PD. I always wonderd what they wanted them for.

I have 6 rds myself but no place to shoot them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Imagine that ball of fire in the pic as a self contined orb floating downrange. that's what the ones we had looked like. Just seeing the pic I'm twitching......
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:01:01 AM EDT
[#44]
My father in law burned down about 3 acres of his field using this stuff the first time.
It's great!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Try shooting a bird in a tree this fall with one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Will make your gun very dirty.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:29:02 AM EDT
[#47]
there fun at indoor ranges!

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I just thought of a new use in a SHTF senario. If you are being "Pursued" across an dry brushy environment, you could easily use three of these to start a brush fire. Or in a urban situation if you needed smoke to cover your movement but lacked smoke grenades. Well, I guess I need some more.... Glad you brought up the subject.

Think about it.. If you took cover in a parking lot and need that "holly would if she could" effect. You could put two slugs in after one of these into your shottie, and thump a gas tank at 50 feet twice with the slugs ,....wait one for it to spill out,..... Light off one of these under the target car, and voi'la! instant colum of black smoke. Then it is time to move out.

No, it wont work. The smoke will go up just like it does from every fire, not stick tothe ground.
Think about it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it wont work. The smoke will go up just like it does from every fire, not stick tothe ground.
Think about it.

Yep, you need a 37mm with smoke!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
As the little sparks landed they set everything on fire-trees, grass, old leaves, squirrels, I mean everything they touched burst into flames. ...

I think is the funniest thing I've read in the last month.  Can anybody photoshop a squirrel on fire?  I don't know why I find this funny but I just do.  MJD
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top