Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
American society wanted to do away with God and Christian morality so that folks could sleep with whoever they wanted to and not feel guilty, but the consequence of removing the judeo christian base for morality is that you remove the basis for ALL morality.  Simple unintended consequences.

Jesus Christ on a popsickle stick will you shut up with this nonsense.

The problem is NOT lack of God or Christianity in NO. The problem is a bunch of savages.

Removing God DOES NOT remove morality. If you NEED God to BE moral (civilized) then you really are NOT moral (civilized).

Apparantly if NOT for your religion you would be a murdering, rapist piece of scumbag shit. Is that what you are essentially saying?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am sick of hearign this, children get raped and killed and nothign happens, the law and system are powerless in North America, I think it is time to bring back hangings, if th egov will not do it, then the people should.

Had I been in th edome I woudl ahve killed as many people I caught doing shit liek that as I could, even if it meant my own death, Death for doing the right thing is not soemthign to be feared

Actually the bible says you are blessed for doing just that.
I don't know the verse, but something about doing what is right - when it goes against the law...

Of course It doesn't say anything about killing someone.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
American society wanted to do away with God and Christian morality so that folks could sleep with whoever they wanted to and not feel guilty, but the consequence of removing the judeo christian base for morality is that you remove the basis for ALL morality.  Simple unintended consequences.

The problem is NOT lack of God or Christianity in NO. The problem is a bunch of savages.

Removing God DOES NOT remove morality. If you NEED God to BE moral (civilized) then you really are NOT moral (civilized).

Apparantly if NOT for your religion you would be a murdering, rapist piece of scumbag shit. Is that what you are essentially saying?

I believe he is saying without GOD/Judgement/whatever, that is an opinion. No more - no less.
....need I remind you what opinions are like?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
They can't use the poor disenfranchised people stuff either. When Ivan (cat 3 storm upon landfall) tore through Pensacola last Sept, over 90% of Escambia county ended up without power and water but there was no anarchy. Neighbors took care of each other.

I had the AK and Rem 870 ready just in case, though, day or night.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is my second time coming to this thread.

The first time I couldn't think of anything coherent to post.

These were subhuman acts.

As the father of two daughters, the rage provoked by this article is beyond words.

The heck with being coherent.  Slice them with straight razors and pour rubbing alochol on them.  Drive nails through their 00.  Soak them with gasoline, like them on fire, then beat the fire out with icepicks.

Whatever I can think of, it falls short of what they deserve.

Or, just shoot 'em in the head.

God will take care of the rest.

Ecclesiastes 8:11  Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

+1
Don't waste your time.
Bullet in the head and move on - don't let your soul get sullied.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here's a paradox for you:

Phoenix has welcomed 550+ refugees to its Coliseum (a small arena-type facility).  This very weekend the Crossroads of the West gun show is to be held on the same grounds.

I'm betting the animals will be VERY well behaved.  

that was sarcastic right? I am not going to take my car there, I will take the bus if I have to. I'll bet there will be so many break-ins. If you do drive, don't leave your gun in the car.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Clearly this is the nefarious work of George W. Bush.

(not trying to be funny- but they're blaming him for everything...)

MacMan...Not the time nor the place.
Seriously. Not picking on you, but just really was not the right place for that comment.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was last year I think that New York City lost power. People just walked home and camped out overnight in some places. There was no lawlessness like in NO.

New Yorkers are not your typical Americans...

As liberal as they tend to be... as much as they support a PROUD tradition of big government...

New Yorkers take pride in something most Americans forgot years ago...  being SURVIVORS.  You gotta be tough to be a New Yorker

NYC was not always likethat there were periods in the late 60's to the mid 80's where law and order took a backseat to crime and corruption. Rudolph Guiliani took credit for his "broken window" policy, NYC now is not the liberal bastion it once was, a simple thing like a boombox in a subway, marijuana smoking in public, or breaking a window were once tolerated, now fuggetaboutit.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't think of one thing to say that can describe how I feel when I see henious acts like this. May God have mercy on the souls of the murdered and his retribution on the guilty. Hope the millstone is heavy on their necks. My kid will never be raised to be a sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thanks for the insult to Christians. If you'd insulted a muslim, you'd probably be banned right now.

What the man's talking about is that moral decline is a direct result of taking God out of our society. People without morals that are basically wards of the state and have been given to all their lives, don't do well in adverse circumstances. I think NO proves the point well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sadly, the news will show endless photos of leaky roofs rather than the true horrors of Katrina.  

go to Ogrish.com if you wanna see the ugly stuff of NOLA
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Believe it. It just goes to show how thin a veneer "civilization" really is. Drop a few feet of water and turn off the lights, and look what you get.

This was a big eye opener to my wife......

Well, I HOPED I was wrong, but when this FIRST happened, ONE of the first things I thought (after seeing a kid on the news) was: "What a disorganized mess, I hope some child-predators don't get the idea to "ply" their depravity in all the confusion." Then I heard about the rapes in the Super-dome. And thought, "Just a matter of time, then, sicko bastards."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who could do that? WHAT could do that?

So messed up...

A person who has entiredly given himself over to evil.  A demon wearing a human suit. Many of them live(d) in New Orleans.  Now they are in a city near you.  I am sure most of the folks responsible got on the busses with the rest of the folks.

No. There are no evil poor people.

Only rich people can be evil.

Only greedy, old, fat, rich, white capitalists who drive SUVs and who eat meat and who play golf and vote Republican can be evil.

Everyone else are just slaves and victims of oppression who've been treated like animals for generation after generation and who are simply acting out in the only way they can.

The guilt for the horrific murders and rapes in New Orleans lays squarely at the feet of the President because he has starved people for years, sent their jobs overseas, broken up familes, filled the cities with cocaine bought and payed for and shipped to the black inner cities by the CIA and condemned a whole generation of young black men to prison only to come out hopeless, soulless criminals walking the streets with guns given to them by the NRA.

George W. Bush is the evil one.
Dick Cheney is evil.
Alan Greenspan is evil.
The CEOs of Exxon, Intel, Chase-Manhattan and General Motors are evil.

Murderers are victims.

I hope you are BS'ing
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#15]
This whole story appears to not be true…

There is nobody that has been able to find any verifiable evidence a child was raped or had child their throat slit in the Superdoom.

There seems to be a lot of this these stories of questionable authenticity floating around.

Like the story about a Wal-Mart convoy of water that FEMA would not “let” in to NO. Which Wal-Mart has now denied happen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the insult to Christians. If you'd insulted a muslim, you'd probably be banned right now.

What the man's talking about is that moral decline is a direct result of taking God out of our society. People without morals that are basically wards of the state and have been given to all their lives, don't do well in adverse circumstances. I think NO proves the point well.

how was that an insult? All he did was point out that lack of God was not the problem, but instead lack of rational thought is to blame. Besides, God isn't strictly for Christians. Just because muslims call him Allah and (I think) Jews use the name Jehova, doesn't mean he is not God.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First off, I don't THINK SteyrAUG was IINTENDING to insult anyone, he was just calling on an illogical premiss.

Dennis Rader, the one-time president of the church council at Christ Lutheran Church and Boy Scout, admitted to 10 counts of premeditated murder in the Wichita area between 1974 and 1991. He's the BTK killer (Bind, Torture, Kill) he had PLENTY of "exposure" to God, yet it seems to have done him little good. Sick is sick, depraved is depraved and such individuals should be locked up OR "disposed of", pure and simple.

While I'll AGREE that people TEND to be "better" w/God in their lives, that is NO "guarantee" that they are of good character. Just as the ABSENCE of "God" and "consequences" (or the belief thereof) makes one of BAD moral character. While it CAN be a "factor"... it's just NOT an "end all and be all"

I HOPE the person who said there was no "proof" of this story is CORRECT, and the story is NOT true. But I won't be holding MY breath!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I HOPE the person who said there was no "proof" of this story is CORRECT, and the story is NOT true. But I won't be holding MY breath!

Just reporting what I have seen reported.

The New Orleans police deny the incident took place… if that means anything.

And 2 news agencies have reported they can find no evidence the incidents occurred. No bodies, no witnesses, no actually report of the incident by a real person

I also saw something on Michelle Malkin’s blog that no one could verify the incident and questioned its veracity.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
After Andrew in south Florida, it was reported to be a war zone, but I do not remember hearing about the rapes and killings like what has occured in N.O.

Comparing this to the hurricanes in FL and the power outage in NY breaks down for one simple reason; The days of voluntary and than "mandatory" evacuation removed most of the self sufficient, 'problem solving' people fron the area. NO was left with an extremely high ratio of .gov dependent, hypertrophied sense of entitlement types, leavened with the absolute scumbags who were simply released from jail when the city couldn't quite figure out how to evacuate them while keeping them in custody.  Very few capable, self sufficient, problem solving types were left. That crowd is in no way representative of most populations.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#22]
bastards
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I will not, and shame on you for asking. The loser always wants his opponent censored.  If you disagree, deal with it.  You simply don't want to hear it.  I don't demand that you shut up, nor do I implore the name of the deity I claim not to believe in,  I counter your argument.  And if we cannot agree, at least we have respectfully stated our positions.

Let me boil it down for you.  Without a Creator to define and enforce morality, all your do's and don't are merely YOUR OPINION.  I am not bound to agree with them, nor do you have the moral right to force me to follow them, even if I don't like them.

Fill in the blank where necessary:

Steyr:  hey MRW, I just saw you do ___________.  That's WRONG!
MRW:  says you.  I don't think so.  Who are you to say that what I do is wrong?
Steyr: it's not just me, EVERYBODY else in the WHOLE WORLD things ______________ is wrong.
MRW: so what?  what makes all the rest of you right and me wrong?  Maybe I'm right and all of you are wrong!  Just because there are alot of you doesn't make you right.  Maybe there is no right or wrong, maybe there just IS, or maybe what's right for me is different for what's right for you.
Steyr: maybe, if it doesn't affect somebody else, but you did ___________, and that really hurts other people!
MRW: So?  Why is hurting other people wrong?  Who says? you?  We're back to the beginning of the conversation.  I don't think hurting others is wrong, and I have the right to choose my own moral system.
Steyr: Well, it doesn't matter what you think, all the rest of us think __________ is wrong, and we're going to punish you.
MRW: you have no right to punish me, you are imposing your morality on me and that is wrong!
Steyr: says you.  I don't think so.  Who are you to say that what I do is wrong?

ad nauseum...

All morality must satisfy two basic questions:

1. justify that the moral system in question is the "correct" or "superior" system.
2. justify the right to impose that system on those that disagree.

Atheists cannot satisfy either of those two positions.

Theists CAN satisfy BOTH questions
1. Biblical morality is the superior and correct system because it has its origin OUTSIDE of man, being given  by the CREATOR. It is not a matter of man's opinion, it is the unchanging standard of God Himself, therefore it trumps every human moral system.
2. Biblical morality therefore CAN be imposed on those that do not diasgree because the authority does not come from man, but from GOD, and God has the moral authority to impose His morality on man because He is the Creator.  The Creator gets to make the rules.

ANY non-theistic moral system is merely one man's (or several's) opinion, and carries no compelling reason for others to submit to it.

So, I patiently ask the question:

SteyrAUG, you think gang raping a five year old and slitting her throat is wrong. WHY?  Give me something other than your own weak, lame opinion!
Otherwise, SHUT UP and leave the gang raping murdering pedophiles alone!!!!!

Don't you dare mention your conscience, because that apeals to the existence of a CREATOR that programmed it in there for you.  Adam and Eve ate from the tree of THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL.  That's where your conscience comes from, that residual knowledge of good and evil.  But you don't believe in God or Adam and Eve, or a tree that gave forbidden knowlege, so you can't go there.

Well Steyr, we're waiting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#26]
For the love of God!

Let's all say ugly things to each other to support our own views on morality, shall we?

Yeah, very Christian....

I really think that people who need to bring down others in order to feel good about themselves really need a shot of "self esteem not skimmed off the backs of others."

Too bad the Red Cross is busy with more important things than fixing that immunization issue.

Next time you wanna jump on someone because they do not share your theology, how about you act like a real Christian and say, don't!

If everyone kept their own theological views to themselves, we'd have a hell of alot less hate in the world....
And gas would be 25 cents a frikkin gallon.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who could do that? WHAT could do that?

So messed up...

A person who has entiredly given himself over to evil.  A demon wearing a human suit. Many of them live(d) in New Orleans.  Now they are in a city near you.  I am sure most of the folks responsible got on the busses with the rest of the folks.

No. There are no evil poor people.

Only rich people can be evil.

Only greedy, old, fat, rich, white capitalists who drive SUVs and who eat meat and who play golf and vote Republican can be evil.

Everyone else are just slaves and victims of oppression who've been treated like animals for generation after generation and who are simply acting out in the only way they can.

The guilt for the horrific murders and rapes in New Orleans lays squarely at the feet of the President because he has starved people for years, sent their jobs overseas, broken up familes, filled the cities with cocaine bought and payed for and shipped to the black inner cities by the CIA and condemned a whole generation of young black men to prison only to come out hopeless, soulless criminals walking the streets with guns given to them by the NRA.

George W. Bush is the evil one.
Dick Cheney is evil.
Alan Greenspan is evil.
The CEOs of Exxon, Intel, Chase-Manhattan and General Motors are evil.

Murderers are victims.

I hope you are BS'ing

I've been to college... AND I listen to the news.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
you're nuts.  Everyone "making up their own theology and keeping it to themselves"  is the REASON for all this horror, or at least the reason we all sit around and wringing our hands and say "oh my, what is the world coming to?"

IDEAS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

BAD IDEAS HAVE BAD ONES.  We're reaping the bad consequences of bad ideas in NOLA.

but good ideas have good consequences.  But we can't advocate the good ideas, or even identify the bad ones, cause it's now become immoral to call a good idea good and a bad idea bad.  All ideas must be equal <cough-ignore the consequences>

Thanks for proving my point.
Go to church, confess, and sin no more...

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Next time you wanna jump on someone because they do not share your theology, how about you act like a real Christian and say, don't!

If everyone kept their own theological views to themselves, we'd have a hell of alot less hate in the world....

I guess you include Jesus Himself in your indictment.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There is only One Way.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This is my second time coming to this thread.

The first time I couldn't think of anything coherent to post.

These were subhuman acts.

As the father of two daughters, the rage provoked by this article is beyond words.

The heck with being coherent.  Slice them with straight razors and pour rubbing alochol on them.  Drive nails through their 00.  Soak them with gasoline, like them on fire, then beat the fire out with icepicks.

Whatever I can think of, it falls short of what they deserve.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#32]
talk about religion, christianity whatever all you want.

i will make it simple. (choose your own religion).

there is good and evil.

a VERY large percentage of our population does not beleive in good and evil, for many reasons. the believe in cause and effect, and the scientific process of theories and proof. so there must be a REASON (cause) for such actions and the answer is the search for the cause and once found solve the problem..... all things can be reasoned... this is pervasive and underpins everything in our society. stop and think about how you approach everything, you find a problem look for its cause and search for a solution.

evil like faith cannot be proven. you either believe in it and act accordingly (stop trying to understand it for instance) or you get lost in the maze (lies) looking for the solution. this is the great stumbling block in america. we are too modern, too sophisticated to believe in ghosts, evil, spirits, faith whatever. and so we cant deal with something as bizarre as people who rape and murder small children.

how many sex offenders live in your city? do you think that putting them in jail and then releasing them fixes the problem? statistics say no. why cant we deal with the problem? because we are still trying to figure out the cause so we can fix the problem and are willing to deal with the consequences because we believe our inability to solve the problem is our problem THE PROBLEM and so we must suffer until we fix the problem.

SCIENCE IS OUR GOD. god gave us a tool and we now worship it in mistake.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are people born savages?

Are these just oppressed people striking out or opportunists knowing there is no consquences for their actions?

It is actually pretty apparrent that a society held together only by laws disentigrates very quickly without law enforcement.  

Give it a break already the assumption that morality need not have a basis in relgion assumes that everyone has the same IQ and can reason.  Yes, religion controls the ignorant.  Looks like a little ignorance control was needed here, huh?

It is simple really, destroy religion and you destroy morality in the ignorant and this what you get.  Welcome real world Neo!

Given a choice of a world where only the intellegent have morals or one filled with religion and everyone has morals, I have little doubt which I would rather live in.

Tj

I think many people are different.

And yes I think some are born screwed up. And that means no amount of good parenting or religion will prevent them from being a Jeffery Dahmer. I think that sick bastard would have been a sick bastard no matter what his upbringing.

By the same token I think some people are just good people and would be decent no matter how shitty their parents or upbringing.

And I think most are somewhere in the middle and succeptible to their environment to greater or lesser degrees.

And I don't think ANYTHING, including religion, is a magical cureall for fucked up people. And this is why you have priests who fuck boys in the ass DESPITE being fully immersed in religion and religious teachings.

I think very few things can make bad people into good people. What you are seeing is that good people tend to gravitate towards religion because they teach and promote similar values.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did NOT insult all Christians. I disagreed with a person and stated why I disagreed.

According to HIM (but as it is NOT a view of all Christians) religion is the ONLY thing keeping people in check.

I could flip the statement and suggest you are insulting me with the idea that a person CANNOT be moral without religion, and thus you would be stating I am not a moral person, but I really don't care what someone with those kinds of views thinks.

So there is NO CONFUSION, if the ONLY reason a person is moral (civilized) is because they fear Gods judgement then they are NOT moral (civilized).

If this is what YOU truly think then you are a reprehensible person. If this is NOT what you think, then I wasn't talking about YOU in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I will not, and shame on you for asking. The loser always wants his opponent censored.  If you disagree, deal with it.  You simply don't want to hear it.  I don't demand that you shut up, nor do I implore the name of the deity I claim not to believe in,  I counter your argument.  And if we cannot agree, at least we have respectfully stated our positions.

Well first I'm GLAD you would not but that is a contradiction to YOUR STATEMENT that there is NO morality without God. So OBVIOUSLY it is possible for a person to be moral WITHOUT GOD.

And shame on me for asking? You stated morality is NOT possible WITHOUT GOD and I demonstrated it was. After all YOU would NOT become a murdering rapist if you didn't have religion.

And I want you silenced and don't wanna hear it? Then I'm on the wrong fucking board. There is more relion here than church on Sunday. I am quite used to hearing it, doesn't mean I buy it and won't point out when you are wrong. As in this case, by your own admission your relgion is NOT the only thing that keeps you from being a murdering rapist.

Quoted:
Let me boil it down for you.  Without a Creator to define and enforce morality, all your do's and don't are merely YOUR OPINION.  I am not bound to agree with them, nor do you have the moral right to force me to follow them, even if I don't like them.

Oh they are a bit more than opinion. Opinion is very subjective. I think things like murder are pretty cut and dry. Now if you find a bunch of people that honestly don't mind or enjoy being murdered THEN you will have a valid counter point.

Quoted:
All morality must satisfy two basic questions:

1. justify that the moral system in question is the "correct" or "superior" system.
2. justify the right to impose that system on those that disagree.

Atheists cannot satisfy either of those two positions.

Theists CAN satisfy BOTH questions
1. Biblical morality is the superior and correct system because it has its origin OUTSIDE of man, being given  by the CREATOR. It is not a matter of man's opinion, it is the unchanging standard of God Himself, therefore it trumps every human moral system.
2. Biblical morality therefore CAN be imposed on those that do not diasgree because the authority does not come from man, but from GOD, and God has the moral authority to impose His morality on man because He is the Creator.  The Creator gets to make the rules.

ANY non-theistic moral system is merely one man's (or several's) opinion, and carries no compelling reason for others to submit to it.

Nonsense. All one must do is figure out right from wrong and DO IT. I don't need an official stamp of approval from the Big Invisible Guy or Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Quoted:
So, I patiently ask the question:

SteyrAUG, you think gang raping a five year old and slitting her throat is wrong. WHY?  Give me something other than your own weak, lame opinion!
Otherwise, SHUT UP and leave the gang raping murdering pedophiles alone!!!!!

If you CANNOT figure out what it wrong with that, or if you need a God to tell you what is wrong with that then you are 'almost' as reprehensible as the person who does such things.

A normal person without relgion can figure out what is wrong with that for biological reasons, psychological reasons and ethical reasons.

Quoted:

Don't you dare mention your conscience, because that apeals to the existence of a CREATOR that programmed it in there for you.  Adam and Eve ate from the tree of THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL.  That's where your conscience comes from, that residual knowledge of good and evil.  But you don't believe in God or Adam and Eve, or a tree that gave forbidden knowlege, so you can't go there.

No conscience was the product of Flying Spaghetti Monster. He is too mysterious for the average person to comprehend so he let us believe notions of God, Adam and Eve, etc.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Sorry I was busy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Oh, forgot something:

You can be a moral person without believing in God, because you follow your GOD GIVEN conscience.  But that's interesting that you will accept the program, but deny the Programmer.  And let me ask you this:  Have you ever done something that your conscience told you was WRONG?  Hmmm.  What do you do about THAT?  Your little internal judge banged the gavel on the podium and said "STEYR, YOU"RE BAAAD!  BAD STEYRAUG!!  "  You've broken the rules.  What's the consequence?  If there are rules, there must be a penalty for breaking them, otherwise rules are useless and silly.  Who decides what the consequence is, and how do you avoid paying it if it's too expensive?  Your conscience doesn't answer these questions, it doesn't tell you HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM, it merely tells you THERE IS A PROBLEM.

Your conscience is merely an undeniable internal judge that points you to the Creator Himself.  He'll tell you what the consequences for breaking the rule (any rule) is <DEATH, spiritually and physically> and how to avoid paying the fine <Jesus paid it for you, if you will let Him>

Romans chapter 2 summary: "even though people have the law of God written on their heart (their conscience), they still break the rules, and therefore stand condemned before God (and need a Savoir), and those of you that DO have God's written and specific law STILL don't follow it, so you stand condemned too.  ALL the world needs a Savior"

Or maybe, just maybe...conscience is the product of a self aware mind that can determine right and wrong based upon REASON AND EXPERIENCE.

I know that sounds absurd and doesn't make nearly as much sense as a BIG INVISIBLE GUY who programmed us but hey not everyone believes in FLYING SPEGHETTII MONSTER.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I feel ill.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I heard that the guys(or at least one of them) that did the rape were beaten to death after the act....

Heard the same thing myself on Fox News. 10 men beat him to death when they found out what he done.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Wish someone would have shot them
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There is only One Way.

So you're equating yourself to Jesus now???
Last guy who did that wound up in a fiery ball of ATF fire...
Just a thought...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:01:19 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm refraining from replying with my views, I'd be called a closet racist.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:11:38 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you're nuts.  Everyone "making up their own theology and keeping it to themselves"  is the REASON for all this horror, or at least the reason we all sit around and wringing our hands and say "oh my, what is the world coming to?"

IDEAS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

BAD IDEAS HAVE BAD ONES.  We're reaping the bad consequences of bad ideas in NOLA.

but good ideas have good consequences.  But we can't advocate the good ideas, or even identify the bad ones, cause it's now become immoral to call a good idea good and a bad idea bad.  All ideas must be equal <cough-ignore the consequences>

Thanks for proving my point.
Go to church, confess, and sin no more...

who said anything about church?  I'm talking about justification of moral systems with or without a Creator.  Did I mention church?  correct me if I did.  We can talk about church if you like, but that discussion usually happens after the individual concedes that there is a God, they are accountable to him, they're in trouble, Jesus privides the only way out of that trouble, and so on.

and yeah, NUTS, as in your idea is bad, evidenced by it's bad consequences, but you refuse to connect the bad consequences to the bad idea, and advocate the exact opposite solution as the one that's needed.  Supressing the truth eventually leads to futile reasoning.  you can't think straight.  Cause and effect are disconnected.  in other words, NUTS

But the fact that you only condemn me for simply making the acusation, without even bothering to justify why my posiion is wrong, proves MY point, that the only moral prehibition in America today is telling someone they're wrong.  Judging something good or bad is the cardinal sin.

and so I'll ask again,

Why is raping and murdering children wrong?

Without a Creator, you're in a quandry.  You've got only two options.  

1. admit that it really isn't wrong, and further admit that right and wrong are actually silly terms that really have no meaning because we can't objectively define them.  So go do your own thing, even if it means raping and murdering children or killing six million jews or 70 million russians, or whatever works for you, if you can get away with it.
2. Admit that there is a Creator that objectivley and authoritatively defines right and wrong.

But stop trying to say that there is right and wrong, but no Creator, because it is an intellecutally untenable position.  (foolish and indefensable)

(is indefensable a word?)

<<sigh>>

I never said anything about whether or not I believe in a creator.
You don't know what I do or don't believe spiritually and that's a good thing. I don't pass myself off as a know-it all on the subject, as some in here do.
As far as why it's wrong? We have laws. And in my mind, I agree with them: in this case they protect those incapable of protecting themselves.
Now, we also have laws that forbid certain sexual acts between consenting adults. Those laws I do NOT agree with.
To make it simple:
I agree with drinking and driving laws: and they are not covered by theology since Mr. Ford came a long way after all the different spiritual texts did. Well, except Scientology. If you agree a person should not drink and drive, can you attribute THAT to your theology? Logically, I don't think you can.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:15:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Although you guys love to pontificate on religion all day long and wring your hands about the decline of morals in America it's pretty simple and its always been this way:

Some folks just need to be put down like rabid dogs.

That's all.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry I was busy.

That's ok, your answer wasn't worth the wait anyhow.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Although you guys love to pontificate on religion all day long and wring your hands about the decline of morals in America it's pretty simple and its always been this way:

Some folks just need to be put down like rabid dogs.

That's all.  Carry on.

Nice work, NH.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is only One Way.

Just a thought...

That is probably the most pitiful answer to a debate I have ever read.

Just where in my comments did I "equate myself" with Jesus.

You are ignoring the argument.

Jesus Himself said that He is "the only way".

So, a Christian that says that very same thing is not being "un-Christian".  They are simply quoting  Jesus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:59:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is only One Way.

Just a thought...

That is probably the most pitiful answer to a debate I have ever read.

Just where in my comments did I "equate myself" with Jesus.

You are ignoring the argument.

Jesus Himself said that He is "the only way".

So, a Christian that says that very same thing is not being "un-Christian".  They are simply quoting  Jesus.

I see you're up to your old tricks, OP...when someone does not agree with you, you insult them. Could you point out the passage in the bible that says that's the appropriate response?
FTR: You equated yourself when you said that you are doing what Jesus did, if I "include Jesus in my indictment."

I am avoiding nothing. I am merely saying what YOU don't want to hear: YOUR bible says one thing and Joe Schmo's says another. If we could all simply accept the fact that faith is a PERSONAL ISSUE we'd all get along better...and perhaps if we did, the God we praise would smile about that.

I don't expect you to agree with me, but for the love of God, be Christian about it, k?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is only One Way.

Just a thought...

That was weak.

OP just quoted Him.

If you don't like what Jesus said, take it up with God.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top