Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 2:45:13 PM EDT
UPS just delivered 2 f*cking packages to the wrong house AGAIN & it doesn't say the ammo delivery was signed for. God I really really hate UPS.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe if you check the box marked "you are 21 years of age and there are no laws prohibiting you from owning ammo" they don't require an adult signature. Did you use a credit card? Have you contacted UPS?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought an ORM-D sticker required adult signature every time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
ORM-D? Not sure what that is. I've bought ammo from Wholesale Hunter and Ammoman and never had sign for any of it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]
1/2 a case of 223s on the porch yesterday, no signature required.

The only thing that I see sometimes is when a company wants you to send them some kind of signed form BEFORE you buy ammo from them, on which I pass
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Not around here.  UPS leaves ammo all the time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine's always been left on the porch.  I still worry that someday it's gonna walk off before i get home from work, but it hasn't happened yet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:11:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Firearms require an adult signature, ammunition does not.  In any case, it is the shipper's responsibility to request (and pay for) an adult signature.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]

it is the shipper's responsibility to request (and pay for) an adult signature.

Bingo.

It is soley up to the shipper what is sig required and what is not. Sig required is an extra cost service to a residential address.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Your ammo won't be left on the porch much longer.  Our elected criminals will take care of that little loophole. Might even require two sigs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Well at least I have honest neighbors. One of them dropped off both packages last night . UPS really makes me sick with their incompetence. How stupid does a person have to be to deliver 2 separate boxes to the wrong place in one day its not like I live in a suburb either. The houses here are a good 100 yards apart  & my address is displayed real big on a sign facing the street. Maybe I need a big flashing neon sign with spinning spot lights that display my address like the bat symbol to get these dumb sh*ts to deliver to the correct house
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#12]
One of the very few things I like about living in this apartment, the office accepts packages and signs for them, storing in a locked room for pickup.

The regular drivers know the drill, so it works out most of the time.

Only drawback is I don't like the apartment people knowing I receive 60lbs of ammo at a time, but this is Co Spgs and half the cars in the lot of DOD stickers.   They assume I'm mil (I'm not).
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#13]

In a somewhat related story, USPS once delivered some AR parts to the wrong address, including a magazine.  The homeowners opened the package (with my name and address on it), then called the cops.  

A cop came to my house about 4:45 in the morning to drop off the package, at the end of the shift.  I answered the door with my Glock 29 behind my back, since I had no idea who it was.

Everything turned out OK, though.  The cop was cool.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well at least I have honest neighbors. One of them dropped off both packages last night . UPS really makes me sick with their incompetence. How stupid does a person have to be to deliver 2 separate boxes to the wrong place in one day its not like I live in a suburb either. The houses here are a good 100 yards apart  & my address is displayed real big on a sign facing the street. Maybe I need a big flashing neon sign with spinning spot lights that display my address like the bat symbol to get these dumb sh*ts to deliver to the correct house

Call UPS and ask if there is a problem with your address. You might have a really stupid UPS guy. If you voice your concerns in a civil manner they will take care of the problem. UPS does not want packages released to the wrong address. The driver may need to make a mental note where your house is and a call to his supervisor might help.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Our last UPS delivery made it to a house about 3 blocks away and they took a month to get it to us.  I raised a lot of hell about that because it was something my son overseas ordered and I was to forward it along to him with some other stuff.

The UPS Supervisor claimed it was delivered and had a note that it was by the side door.  "Great, somebodys lying or really screwed up, since I don't have a side door and you can't get to the back door because I keep the gates locked to keep the dogs in.  Wanna explain how that happens at a side door?  I'm not working tomorrow, when can I expect you out here so I can you show?""
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Apparently NOT, at least with the UPS idiot who couldn't even read my friggen ADDRESS right, and left a case of .223 sitting on someone elses porch overnight, around the corner....

I'm just glad some kid didn't find it and get hurt somehow...

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I love UPS
at work i ship about 2000 packages a month but they are no worse than the others
Best one I had i order a RC car off the internet  (almost $1000 purcahse but still below the magic 1K mark for UPS high value)
anyway after 2 weeks im wondering call the comapny get the tracking info
says it wasdelivered 5 days ago wander all around find nothing  just happen to look at the place next doors BACK porch see a strange looking SNOW DRIFT!!!!

Lo and behold what was in that snow drift
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Firearms require an adult signature, ammunition does not.  In any case, it is the shipper's responsibility to request (and pay for) an adult signature.

That's odd, no one signed for my M1 Carbine when it was delivered (came back from being serviced).

Also, UPS always leaves ammo next to our front door with no problems, they only require a signature if you're home it seems...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I never order from places that require an adult signature, or places that want me to fax or mail a copy of my driver's license.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's odd, no one signed for my M1 Carbine when it was delivered (came back from being serviced).

If it was an interstate shipment, then either the gunsmith or the carrier violated Federal law.  If you are a nonlicensee, the gunsmith who shipped the carbine was required by law to inform the carrier that he was shipping a firearm to you.

Here is the applicable part of the regulation.

TITLE 27--ALCOHOL, TOBACCO PRODUCTS, AND FIREARMS

CHAPTER II--BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, AND EXPLOSIVES,
                         DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

PART 478_COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION--Table of Contents

Subpart C_Administrative and Miscellaneous Provisions

Sec. 478.31  Delivery by common or contract carrier.

(a) No person shall knowingly deliver or cause to be delivered to
any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in
interstate or foreign commerce to any person other than a licensed
importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector,
any package or other container in which there is any firearm or
ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or
ammunition is being transported or shipped

This was the gumsmith's responsibility.

(d) No common or contract carrier shall knowingly deliver in
interstate or foreign commerce any firearm without obtaining written
acknowledgement of receipt from the recipient of the package or other
container in which there is a firearm

This was the carrier's responsibility
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top