Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:04:33 AM EDT

I only sent them to a few friends and one of my friends some one I actually sit next to when I am in the office told me that he was extremely offended and I should not be making fun of people in need.

I pointed out to him that he was stealing beer , not water , not food not even clothes but beer.
So then he mentioned to my boss that I was sending out racist pictures that I made on my work pc.
I used my home computer and used my personal Email to send them..
Am I screwed?
Are these truly racist or have we just become really pc about stupid shit like this. I am American  with Mexican decent .. would it have been diffrent if the looter was white? or brown?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Update :
My boss pulled me into a confrence room at which point i was thinking well this is it.
He starts to laugh and asked me what the hell I was thinking. He agreed it was funny as hell but it was not work related and should not have sent it to co-workers. I agreed and told him it would not be done again. He said he is giving me a verbal warning NO write up but to not discuss it with anyone.
He said everything should be fine as long it did not get sent anywhere else :( other easily offended employees and our H/r was not contacted. ) .. then he told me go look like I was in big trouble and get back to work..

I dodged a bullet there .. I just started going back to school and would NOT be able to afford losing my current job..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter accusations.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#3]
If you actually used your personal home computer to do it, tell your co-worker to f*ck off, and don't let your boss push you around.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL I think the're funny. Probably be careful with them tho since some people have exetremely thin skin. The two have the same freakin hairstyle and that is just one eisily identifable attribute.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#5]
wait, now because  you have a pic of a negro you are a racist??
unfuckingbelievable
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
People are just to damn PC anymore!!! Screw your co-worker.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you actually used your personal home computer to do it, tell your co-worker to f*ck off, and don't let your boss push you around.....

Yup my work machine does NOT have photoshop on it or access to Gmail.. So atleast that much is true
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Big +1
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
unfuckingbelievable

Yeah his explanation is that I am portraying them as monsters..

I told him well if he is looting and making a shitty situation worse then in my eyes he is a monster.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#10]
In today's PC world, you are indeed a racist.  Wear your 88 hat proudly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Those pics are awsome!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]
You are fired with cause if the boss decides he wants you gone.

You should have know better todays PC climate.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
unfuckingbelievable

I told him well if he is looting and making a shitty situation worse then in my eyes he is a monster.

Dude, this blows....if someone cannot see the humor in that, and that there is a striking resemblence between the two, well fuck him if he can't take a joke....

Whose fault is it that the guy looks like an Urukai?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

^
  |
Words to live by
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
unfuckingbelievable

Dude, this blows....if someone cannot see the humor in that, and that there is a striking resemblence between the two, well fuck him if he can't take a joke....

HEY!  Finnaly someone who did not call them an Orc.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#17]
If you work for the city, your doomed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This ^^ says it all.  "Common sense" ain't so common any more.  

Okay well tell me what is so racist about it then . I have a picture with a guy that looked like a monster I simply replaced heads. I dont see anything racist about it.
What if the guy was white would it still be considered racist? or what if he was brown like me could they still call me racist.
I admit it is a little insensative due to the current situation these people are dealing with but he is stealing beer not water , or food!?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
unfuckingbelievable

HEY!  Finnaly someone who did not call them an Orc.

Hey, I know my Lord of the Rings...and I just got finished rewatching the extended version trilogy...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I showed that to my friend, who's black, liberal and democrat, and he said "That's some funny shit!"

I'm pretty sure you're fucked, though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#24]

In a diverse work environment your ideas are not permitted.

For the sake of tolerance, your opinions will not be tolerated.

If someone is offended by what you posted, you must be punished. If that offends you, you are free to quit.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Your going strait to hell and I bet you'll find yourself unemployed there as well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This ^^ says it all.  "Common sense" ain't so common any more.  

Okay well tell me what is so racist about it then . I have a picture with a guy that looked like a monster I simply replaced heads. I dont see anything racist about it.
What if the guy was white would it still be considered racist? or what if he was brown like me could they still call me racist.
I admit it is a little insensative due to the current situation these people are dealing with but he is stealing beer not water , or food!?

Christ, man--you're illustrating my point about lacking common sense.  It's not about YOU thinking it's racist.  It's about OTHER people deciding to view it as racist--and YOU sending it to your co-workers.  I would like to say a great deal more--maybe I do need a troll account.  

Okay I'll go as far as to admit that it may not have been my best  judgement call but I thought it was funny and with all the $hit that is going on I just thought we could use some thing to laugh at. But to imply that I am a racist because of these pictures seems a little out of hand .
I am not trying to start a pissing match with you just wanted to know your reason so in case my boss shoots that at me I have a good counter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

BTW...

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Do you live in a bubble…

The intent don’t matter one bit, in todays PC world if someone can interpret it as racists you have a problem.

You should have know that and acted accordingly if you like your job.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey just out of curiousity...what is the ethnic background of your friend?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

White , democrat and he blames bush for the disaster in New Orleans..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you live in a bubble…

The intent don’t matter one bit, in todays PC world if someone can interpret it as racists you have a problem.

You have interesting viewpoints...about PCism, you seem to say we should take it in the ass, about gas prices, you seem to say we should take it in the ass and smile about it....

What other things should we take it in the ass for?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#32]
You are doing this at work?  You are an bonafide idiot!  If you did it on company time on a company computer, you should update your resume and print it immediately.  You'll need it!

........even though I thought it funny.  Some things, like stealing beer when you need basic necessities, and fucking off on the company dime are not intelligent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Just point out to your boss the fact that you have hispanic (minority) heritage. Then remoind him that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a minority to be racist.

The Hive Mind solves all!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

White , democrat and he blames bush for the disaster in New Orleans..

Interesting...exactly how is he qualified to make a call on this as being racist? Typical Dem though....you should have taken that into account!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#35]

one of my friends some one I actually sit next to when I am in the office told me that he was extremely offended and I should not be making fun of people in need.

Dont make fun of people with a criminal need for beer???
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
You are doing this at work?  You are an bonafide idiot!  If you did it on company time on a company computer, you should update your resume and print it immediately.  You'll need it!

........even though I thought it funny.  Somethings, like stealing beer when you need basic necessities, and fucking off on the company dime are not intelligent.

No. he said he did it at his own home on his own time...he just happened to send it to a guy he works with....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#38]
you just lost a friend...oh well he probably was a DU lover..

all the better..

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If you accessed personal email fromwork computer you could be in violation of company policy regarding racist stuff.   It doesn't matter if you think it's racist but your coworker does.  I saw posts thought they were funny but doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#40]
If you are going to get into trouble it will be for your employer's computer/internet use policy...usually these are written, so that anything not directly related to work violates it.  

Even accessing your personal e-mail maybe in violation of the computer use policy.  

Hopefully, your supervisor is understanding...I hope this is the case.

*edit* Davidenorth...you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#41]
It's what THEY think that matters.  Hope you dont get written up or sent to sensitivity training, or worse fired.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you live in a bubble…

You have interesting viewpoints...about PCism, you seem to say we should take it in the ass, about gas prices, you seem to say we should take it in the ass and smile about it....

What other things should we take it in the ass for?

I suspect you been taking it in the ass for quite a while.

Grow up and live in the real world.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

........even though I thought it funny.  Some things, like stealing beer when you need basic necessities, and fucking off on the company dime are not intelligent.

Actually we are slow today and I have no work to do. I work from home so I was using my own computer
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
People are just to damn PC anymore!!! Screw your co-worker.

+1 Take a digital pic of him from that angle and PS HIS face on the dude. Go out in a blaze of glory.

ETA

Quoted:
Just point out to your boss the fact that you have hispanic (minority) heritage. Then remoind him that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a minority to be racist.

The Hive Mind solves all!

It's a known fact. If I were you, given your heritage, I'd tell him that I was feeling threatened. Then ask for a day off, cause you need to conference with your legal team.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like if you were at home using your own computer....then you might have avoided the computer use policy....you just need to beat the racist charge of your co-worker.  1 down, 1 to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Whatever happens, make sure you get even.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#47]
I would be fired if it were at my job
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I only sent them to a few friends and one of my friends some one I actually sit next to when I am in the office told me that he was extremely offended and I should not be making fun of people in need.

That dude isn't your friend if he ratted you out to your boss. I would beat his ass if he gets you fired.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Nothing in the photo art implies that you have anything against black people. This guy just happens to have an uncannily similar appearance to that ork. If he was white it would still be funny and it would still not be racist.

Where do you get the time to peruse through hours of LOTR footage looking for that one ork shot that perfectly matches the picture of your subject?

Tell me, is this racist >> ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes, it's racist and STOOPID.

The "monster" show isn't a real person, just a hollywood creation.  That simply ISN'T a 900 BC looter

Basically, these pictures prove nothing, show nothing, but racism.

Why not just post his face on a gorilla body?  After all, you are trying to imply that blacks haven't kept up with evolution like white people.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top