[mr burns]excellent[/mr burns]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
bout fuckin time
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Restore order and then they'll be able to help the people in need. This is good news.

You don't see this shit going on in MS. The people there are getting supplies because the residents are being cooperative and helpful, not acting like thugs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I went through Hurricane Hugo years ago in the caribbean, and the looting there has nothing on what is going down in NO.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Restore order and then they'll be able to help the people in need. This is good news.

You don't see this shit going on in MS. The people there are getting supplies because the residents are being cooperative and helpful, not acting like thugs.

The MS Gov also said he meant business at the get go about looters too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I was seeing in Biloxi the folks were cleaning up by their homes looking for stuff but not finding anything. I feel really bad for them, Not the NOLA trash.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#8]
great!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:04:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Get some!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:49:06 AM EDT
[#11]
About god damned time.  How do I transfer?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#12]
GIT ER DUN!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#13]

But he admitted that a number of police officers, who had lost everything in flooding after Hurricane Katrina which roared ashore last Monday, had handed in their badges, unwilling to take the fight to looters.

Good Riddance

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#14]

A DETACHMENT of 300 Arkansas National Guard troops have landed in anarchic New Orleans, with the authorisation to shoot and kill "hoodlums", Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco said.

"Three hundred of the Arkansas National Guard have landed in the city of New Orleans," Ms Blanco said.
"These troops are fresh back from Iraq, well trained, experienced, battle tested and under my orders to restore order in the streets.

"They have M-16s and they are locked and loaded.

"These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will."

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thank you for pointing that out ..... good observation.

ya know, welfare is like prozac ... you cant just stop it cold turkey.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
bout fuckin time

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:49:25 AM EDT
[#17]
if this question was asked last week before the storm, wonder what the answer would be:

"Do you think it's ok for the military to fire on American citizens?"

FWIW, my answer is "yes! (as long as it's not me!)"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#18]
If there is anarchy in NO and criminals are using firearms to commit crimes. Why is it that they are now pushing to take away firearms from the recipients of the crimes. If a crisis came to the whole country would we all be criminals for carrying protection during lawlessness?

What good are the firearms then. ...and of course the criminals still have their weapons because of course they are criminals for goodness sakes.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
if this question was asked last week before the storm, wonder what the answer would be:

Yes but don't fire at someone for carrying. Fire for crime commission.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Well shooting to wound, would be unsportsman like.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:00:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Wonder what took the gov this long to decide to use force to restore order?
I expect there will be a lot of dead looters in the next few days. On a brighter note, that means there will be fewer democratic voters next election.

Get some!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#22]
That's not the most reliable news outlet - is there any confirmation from other sources?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:04:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4-AK

Remember when this was a big issue? big issue

"Frighteningly, among service members with less than 10 years of service, 63% agree or strongly agree with question # 46: "I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government." Among new recruits almost 90% give the response: "If it's the law and they order me to do it I guess it's okay." Our federally controlled public schools have done their job."

That was the impetus of my original response

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#24]
WOOO PIGGG!

We Arkansawers know how to get things done.

Lets just forget about that little klinton thing
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Heard on another forum that FNC was reporting that 6 have already been shot dead.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That's not the most reliable news outlet - is there any confirmation from other sources?

I watched the live broadcast of Gov. Blanco last night on local TV.  She was pissed off to no end.  Between the "hoodlums" (her term for the looters) and Dennis Hastert's comments to effect of whether or not it was worth rebuilding NO, she was definitely not a happy camper.

It's definitely a f***ed up situation around here, but quite frankly I'm not surprised at all by the thugs and the looting in NO.  The mentality was prevelant in NO before the hurricane, it's just been given free reign of the area since the hurricane went through.  That's why I was never fond of spending much time down there.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:20:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
bout fuckin time

Right on , Brother!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

A DETACHMENT of 300 Arkansas National Guard troops have landed in anarchic New Orleans, with the authorisation to shoot and kill "hoodlums", Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco said.

"Three hundred of the Arkansas National Guard have landed in the city of New Orleans," Ms Blanco said.
"These troops are fresh back from Iraq, well trained, experienced, battle tested and under my orders to restore order in the streets.

"These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will."

The governor's statement is a just too ambiguous.  Nowhere does she say that the Guard has orders to shoot to kill, just that they will do so if necessary.   Does shooting a looter fit into her definition of necessary?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#29]
since this is not a war zone they can use expanding bullets, right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
[mr burns]excellent[/mr burns]

[mr burns] Release the hounds![/mr burns]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Not to mentioned they will be pissed off since they just got back from 1 war zone and being thrown into another!

AR NG+=
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Heard on another forum that FNC was reporting that 6 have already been shot dead.

'Bout time these fucks got teh smackdown.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I dont know if you have ever been in the military, but when you enlist the oath says all enemies foreign and domestic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#34]
*Still wishing he could get the chance to uphold that oath stateside.*
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#35]
illrelavent - all the good stuff has already been looted...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4-AK

Remember when this was a big issue? big issue

"Frighteningly, among service members with less than 10 years of service, 63% agree or strongly agree with question # 46: "I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government." Among new recruits almost 90% give the response: "If it's the law and they order me to do it I guess it's okay." Our federally controlled public schools have done their job."

That was the impetus of my original response

foil hat timebut also serious

I would not doubt out standing military be used agaist us in teh confiscation of firearms. They are getting good training for it in Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont know if you have ever been in the military, but when you enlist the oath says all enemies foreign and domestic.

Domestic enemy would be an enemy of the Constitution. Unfortunately they will just tell the troops we gun owners are the US equivelant of Iraqi Insurgents.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:26:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Those bastards in NO are the us equivelent of Iraqi insurgents. Taking pop shots at contractors trying to fix the damn levi's. Random shootings, mass looting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top