Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 4:18:57 AM EDT
It isn't the dead.

It isn't the dying.

It isn't the disease.

It isn't the destruction.

All of these things are to be expected. They are sad and a cause for great grief around the nation. They are, however, to be expected in a situation like this.

What is truly disturbing, truly frightening, truly demoralizing is not the destruction brought on by the forces of nature.

What is TRULY most disturbing to me is the lawless disorder going on there.

I am not talking about people taking food to survive. I am talking about the people who are stealing everything they can get their hands on. I am talking about the people who are shooting at relief helicopters. I am talking about the people who are such a problem that the government SAR operations are being ABANDONED so they can try to restore some order down there.

It is a SAD day in Ameirca when the government has to abandon an effort to save people's lives so they can crack down on these.....what is the word for them.........SAVAGES who are living out all their idiot thug fantasies.

This is even MORE disturbing than what happened to us on 9/11. On that day I remember feeling a bit apprehensive, but confident that we would prevail. But this is something altogether different....altogether more frightening.

This isn't the attack of a foreign enemy. This is the attack of people who LIVE in the US and who view a national disaster such as this hurricane as an OPPORTUNITY to steal, kill, and in general live in a lawless manner that appears to be how these people prefer to exist.

If it was just in N.O., it wouldn't be so bad.

But the legacy of liberalism over the last almost 50 years ensures that in EVERY American city there is a population of people just WAITING for their opportunity to do the same. They are looking on to this situation and wondering when they will get their turn.

That is what disturbs me most about this situation. The cancer on our nation is being shown to the whole world. In the aftermath of a serious attack on our nation by a foreign enemy or a massive disaster, we will not unite to help each other and overcome. People like these thugs will rise up to indulge in every criminal fantasy they have ever had.

What is worse is that after this is all over, after order is restored and things are rebuilt, nobody is going to do anything about the people who are looting and shooting down there. Worse still is that nobody is going to realize how deep the problem is and try to fix it everywhere else it lives.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I know.  THis is America!  I would have expected to see fellow man helping each other out.  It is very demoralizing for me and it really pisses me off.

Don't know what to think any more.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:21:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Harry Connick Jr. was just saying that if he lived like many people in New Orleans, he would steal a plasma TV as well.  He also said that maybe one good thing that can come from this is that we can look at how we can all become more equal.  

I'm stunned
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw this quote in another thread "New Orleans, the American Somalia."

it doesnt seem to far off the mark at his point.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
who the f-ck it harry connic jr....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:23:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I am wondering if some kind of gun control bill will come out of this along with the need for "equality".  Right now I have the same emotions as I did during 9/11.  However 9/11 had a lot of GOOD stories of man helping man like the guy carrying the handicaped women down the stars of the WTC.  I haven't heard a good humanitarian story yet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:26:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Harry Connick Jr. was just saying that if he lived like many people in New Orleans, he would steal a plasma TV as well.  He also said that maybe one good thing that can come from this is that we can look at how we can all become more equal.  

I'm stunned

Harry Connick Jr. needs to be bitch slapped.

It is liberal thinking like that which has CREATED the cesspool of humanity we are seeing in N.O.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:27:52 AM EDT
[#8]
John_Wayne, I totally agree.

The consistency of the "types" of people looting is remarkable, although not unexpected.   Take what you want from that, but nobody can deny it.

What is the motivation for me to give money to help those people when I cant be sure help will ever reach them.  The damn aid trucks would be stripped bare before they ever stopped.  These people looted a nursing home!!!  What trash.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#9]
this country needs a SERIOUS shock treatment in the gene pool- starting in NO
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#10]
It saddens me too..

Given a chance to prove stereotypes wrong, they just ended up reinforcing them.

I wouldn't send them a penny.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm stunned

Stunned? Why?

CNN has shifted over to the "Federal Government (Bush) didn't do enough earlier!" mode. I just watched the dickhead that CNN has in NO skewer Haley Barbour, trying desperately to have him say that the .gov hasn't done enough, and should have been more prepared, and should have moved Navy ships (already have, asshole), etc., etc.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I have never, ever, in my life seen such abject and blinding hatred for any American politician, nor felt such complete contempt for those expressing it.

Pathetic, but not stunning.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It saddens me too..

RACIST!

You're absolutely right, of course....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It saddens me too..

I wouldn't send them a penny.  

I share your frustraition.  However, I think we are talking about only a few bad seeds out there (as a percentage)  There are a lot of good people all over the gulf coast that need help right now......they best way to do it is through the Red Cross or Salvation Army.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I really want to send $$ but I know it will end up in the hands of the wrong people- the same ones stealing...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:41:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of instances of people helping each other out.  In fact I saw on Fox News last night people aiding each other to get out of the Ghetto in NO and no it didn't involve passing out stolen merchandise from Wally World.

Problem is that out of the 100,000 people that stayed behind, maybe 50% looted.  Out of the 100,000 that stayed behind maybe 10% are violent.  

I too am dissapointed in the actions of many NO and other affected people.  Why steal, rob, rape, and shoot when people's lives are in danger?  Why do that when your own life is in danger?  The only thing that keeps coming to mind is that these people have zero sense of danger and do not care about their own lives or the lives of their family.  Why?  That's to be debated but methinks it has something to do with entitlement and their version of society.  

Our own Somalia.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I really want to send $$ but I know it will end up in the hands of the wrong people- the same ones stealing...

No, it won't.

There are decent people who are being clobbered by all this mess. We can't let those thugs deter us from helping those who genuinely need it.

My church, for instance, has sent 20 truckloads of clean water and food into the area to help feed people. Many of those driving the trucks are going along with armed off duty police officers to protect the cargo.

I will be making a contribution to their relief efforts today.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:44:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I have never, ever, in my life seen such abject and blinding hatred for any American politician, nor felt such complete contempt for those expressing it.

Pathetic, but not stunning.

Duly noted and agreed with.

It would be nice to believe that the lowest scum will die horrible deaths from disease, etc., but unfortunately the reality of it is many of those sick pukes will survive and breed yet another generation of low lifes!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:45:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of instances of people helping each other out.  In fact I saw on Fox News last night people aiding each other to get out of the Ghetto in NO and no it didn't involve passing out stolen merchandise from Wally World.

There were stories of people in boats going around rescuing the stranded. I am sure these stories are legion.

There were also attempts by armed citizens to try and restore some order.

Problem is that out of the 100,000 people that stayed behind, maybe 50% looted.  Out of the 100,000 that stayed behind maybe 10% are violent.  

I too am dissapointed in the actions of many NO and other affected people.  Why steal, rob, rape, and shoot when people's lives are in danger?  Why do that when your own life is in danger?  The only thing that keeps coming to mind is that these people have zero sense of danger and do not care about their own lives or the lives of their family.  Why?  That's to be debated but methinks it has something to do with entitlement and their version of society.  

Our own Somalia.  

And it lurks in EVERY city. This isn't a black thing, white thing, southern thing, northern thing....It is the product of diseased thinking that is INCREASINGLY becoming the default mindset of the citizenry.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Guys, people are people and human nature NEVER CHANGES. It's not a black thing.

Thucydides reported the exact same thing happening in ancient Greece 2500 years ago.  When civil authority breaks down and laws aren't enforced, human nature runs free. We also saw it happen in Baghdad.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:47:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree with the sentiments expressed by many, the natural disaster alone would be enough to deal with but the blatant lawlessness is beyond anything that should even be a factor.(In a perfect world)

One of the Mayors of one of the stricken cities said, "We are passed the days when looters are shot in the street"  I have to ask why is that???  In my opinion if the police were shown 'busting a cap' in some of the thugs asses most of the looting would stop!!!

I saw footage of a cop putting a shotgun into the face of one asshole yelling at him to drop the arm full of loot only to see another pick the same shit up when the officer turned to confront another asshole!!!

I could condone someone taking food that is just going to rot anyway in order to feed those who are in need.

But it is difficult to excuse the looting when many are seen stealing appliances and Playstations, and fists full of gold chains and jewelry!!! That is bullshit plain and simple.

But now there are reports of many of these same thugs thwarting rescue efforts by shooting at rescue choppers, holding up supply trucks going to hospitals and the very police comming under fire!!!

I say the days of 'shooting looters, and thugs, in the street should not be passed, but should be the law of the land!!!.......

As Forrest Gump would say, "And that's all I have to say about that!!"....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Lord of the Flies
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:50:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote taken from Fox News -

"At least 23,000 refugees, a majority of them at the New Orleans Superdome, were to travel in a bus convoy to Houston starting Wednesday night and will be sheltered at the Astrodome."

I pray for those who really appreciate the help, but I fear for the Police and citizens of Houston.
I predict a catastrophic climb in the violent crime rate there.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Now CNN is pressing James Carville to admit that preparations were poor.

Geez! I wish this hotel had FNC!

"25000 people at the Superdone. They're poor, tired, hungry! Why wasn't this planned for?"

Well shit, bitch! We've got allahuackbar-screaming motherfuckers trying to get their hands on a nuke and use it against us. Let's uproot the entire country and spread it out so we're not so vulnerable. What would you think about that?

Stupid bitch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

... This is America! ...

... yes, and she is populated with humans
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:57:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Now CNN is pressing James Carville to admit that preparations were poor.

Geez! I wish this hotel had FNC!

"25000 people at the Superdone. They're poor, tired, hungry! Why wasn't this planned for?"

Well shit, bitch! We've got allahuackbar-screaming motherfuckers trying to get their hands on a nuke and use it against us. Let's uproot the entire country and spread it out so we're not so vulnerable. What would you think about that?

Stupid bitch.

I have news for the world:

Sh*t happens.

And sometimes, it's nobody's fault.

Especially in a NATURAL DISASTER.

But inevitably the news networks can only cover the facts for so long before turning to trying to staple blame on someone. They have to ask someone why they didn't do x to prevent y.

Personally, I would ask the idiot reporters where their f*cking crystal balls were, and why THEY didn't do more to tell people what was going to happen.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#26]
What did you expect from a city who's economy hinges on "Show us your tits!"?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:00:04 AM EDT
[#27]
(Rant) Its not the looting of food and water that from local stores  that bothers me. That I feel is justified and shouldn't be held aginst these people. Its the greed that people have for "things" that pisses me off. The people taking a cart of food and water is fine. The lady taking dipers for her child is fine. Its the people that have the cart stacked 12ft high with crap while others have nothing that anoys me. Take what you need to survive for a day or two and then start trying to get out of there. The people stealing big screen TV's, cars, and other major apliances that piss me off. Those poeple are just plain stealing not surviving. What I dont get is that you line in a place that will not have power for months what good will that TV do for you or any one else in the area with out power?  All I have been seeing on Fox news from people in that area is them saying" Where should we go? What should we do" pick a direction perferably up and away from the water and go there. Do you think anyone told the people from WWII where to go when there citys were devistated? Dont think so all they were told is get out. Those people walked for days and weeks some of them in the winter to just get out of there and where ever they ended up they made it there home. The majority of people today are sheep and have to be told where and how to do anything or else they are lost and cant function. (Rant off)

Sorry for ranting in your thread.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#28]

It saddens me too..

+ fucking 1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Wake up call for all of those who live in urban areas.

Welcome to the jungle, baby.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#30]
If you live inthe inner city, white, black, hispanic, and make your life about drugs ( using them and selling them) , then when all your customers run off, and you loot, and in the end start shooting to keep the police from helping the few people you have left to rob... you deserve to be shot on sight..

Past the time where we shoot looters in the streets..... We should grab that suit that said that and drop him in the flooded "Hood".... Moron!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
this country needs a SERIOUS shock treatment in the gene pool- starting in NO

It's too bad the flooding wasn't as bad, you know thug gangsters can't swim!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wake up call for all of those who live in urban areas.

Welcome to the jungle, baby.

And it should be a wakeup call for all those who don't live in an urban area as well. The evacuation of NO would pale in the wake of a wide spread evacuation from a major metropolitan population center. These people will evacuated to non-urban areas.

Welcome to the jungle that has been relocated to your backyard, baby.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"New Orleans, the American Somalia."

I could have told you that 20 years ago.
Give them a couple of more days without food and you're going to start hearing reports of cannibalism.
<--- comment removed by CoC department of precrime --->

wganz

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm stunned

Harry Connick Jr. needs to be bitch slapped.

It is liberal thinking like that which has CREATED the cesspool of humanity we are seeing in N.O.

Indeed he does. IIRC, he comes from a very wealthy family. WTF does he know about how"those" people live?

He needs to STFU, post-haste.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#35]
America has faced down all kinds of natural disasters.

Too bad this one couldn't have been different.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I am sure the terrorists are watching all this and getting ready to spring on us while we are down.
Look how our people deal with tradgedy and devastation....they turn on one another and act like fucking animals....you think if we get hit big by our friends in the east that you will see old glory waving on every front lawn like we all did after 9/11? Guess again....we will see more of what we are seeing now....opportunism at its absolute worst.

Im not paranoid and Im not a pessimist...but if I was the enemy, and I was watching this, I would be thinking...'now is the perfect time'

I pray we get through the next weeks and months without being attacked by a foriegn interest...but it wont surprise me at all if we do.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I am sure the terrorists are watching all this and getting ready to spring on us while we are down.
Look how our people deal with tradgedy and devastation....they turn on one another and act like fucking animals....you think if we get hit big by our friends in the east that you will see old glory waving on every front lawn like we all did after 9/11? Guess again....we will see more of what we are seeing now....opportunism at its absolute worst.

Im not paranoid and Im not a pessimist...but if I was the enemy, and I was watching this, I would be thinking...'now is the perfect time'

I pray we get through the next weeks and months without being attacked by a foriegn interest...but it wont surprise me at all if we do.

Yes i would imagine they are studing any town that is protected by a dike dam or levee
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#38]
9/11 brought out the best in America

Katrina brought out the worst
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
9/11 brought out the best in America

Because 9/11 targeted working people.  Those who actually contribute something.

Katrina brought out the worst

Look who was left behind, people too stupid to evacuate or make commons sense preparations like water storage.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Because 9/11 targeted working people.  Those who actually contribute something.

Bingo!

Look who was left behind, people too stupid to evacuate or make commons sense preparations like water storage.
Yep. The profile of the riff-raff in 'Nawlins fits the profile of the homicde bombers: fringe youth, on welfare, no direction, waiting for an excuse to hurt others.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#41]
 Yes it is a truly disgusting situation in NO, I just dont know what to think about those people in NO. I know most are poor but that is no excuse to start looting beer,tv's,guns etc. Now these thugs are rapeing girls. SHOT ON SIGHTNo quarter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top