User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/27/2005 9:06:03 PM EDT
This is interesting...

Double murder in Bellingham

08:13 PM PDT on Saturday, August 27, 2005

From KING5 Staff Reports

BELLINGHAM, Wash. – Police are searching for a gunman who shot to two men to death, and the assailant may be posing as an FBI agent.

Police said the victims' roommate came home and found the bodies in their house in the 2800 block of Northwest Avenue in Bellingham.

The suspect is described as a white male in his late 40's, between five-feet-nine and six feet tall, weighing around 190 pounds. He wore a black baseball cap with an FBI insignia and a dark blue jumpsuit with a white stripe down the legs.

According to the surviving roommate, on Friday night a man had come to the house and presented himself to the men as a member of the FBI. He discussed the residents' status as Level III sex offenders and told them that one of them was on a "hit list" on an Internet site. He spent approximately two hours at the house.

The surviving roommate then had to leave for work.

Police are investigating whether this could have been a vigilante or retribution crime. Although sex offenders were said to be living at that house, the identities of the vicitms have not yet been confirmed.

News article says identities not confirmed, but the news report that was on just a few minutes ago said that the victims WERE offenders.

I'm going to hold off on commenting for a few minutes.

I'm interested in what you folks think...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sex offenders? I think my give-a-shit's broken.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
My empathy switch is on the fritz.

I felt worse for the dead squirrel I saw in my driveway this evening.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The world is a little better off than it was yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
What I think?  

ETA: Fuck em!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
What I think...

Bet this wil be used to hide the identities of all sex offenders. Take them off all public list and neighboor registrations to keep them safe from these "killers".

Look for the ACLU to jump all over it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The world is a little better off than it was yesterday.

Yup. One person at a time....

Something I can agree on.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, the government won't execute these social parasites like it should since they CAN NOT EVER FUCKING BE REHABILITATED so I'm glad someone had the balls to off them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What I think...

Bet this wil be used to hide the identities of all sex offenders. Take them off all public list and neighboor registrations to keep them safe from these "killers".

Good point - anything to protect the REAL criminals...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Woah...

Wild...the guy spent two hours with these guys?

Star Chamber?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
And shepards we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
My brother lives in Bellingham...  I need to find out what's up from him.

Interesting justice.  Here in Los Angeles, they would probably be having a candlelight vigil for them...  

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Please, please, please let it begin.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

yes but if whoever did this is out there make sure you dont kill the types who pissed behind the bar in public or were in college and went streaking
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Lon Horiuchi:  "I'm getting bored"
Supervisor:  "Then go out and do something useful."
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#15]
finally!! now on to the letter B!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Pfffffft!  Now that is some funny shit!^
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What I think...

Yup. Even though many will cheer on the execution of the offenders (I am having a hard time giving a crap about those two as well) the person doing the executions is going to just end up getting EVERY offender protected.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Supervisor:  "Then go out and do something useful."www.king5.com/topstories/stories/M_IMAGE.10543a66c1a.93.88.fa.7c.b763fe3d.jpg

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Guy deserves a medal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes but if whoever did this is out there make sure you dont kill the types who pissed behind the bar in public or were in college and went streaking

The news article seems to indicate the the offenders were Level III offenders.

Washington classifies Level III as:

Level III. High risk to re-offend within the community at large.  Relevant, accurate and necessary information concerning offenders classified as risk Level III may be disclosed to the public at large.

The information about the 3 offenders mentioned in the article may have been removed, but, this is what I've found so far:

Bellingham Level III Sex Offenders
Whatcom County (Bellingham is in Whatcom) Level III Sex Offenders

If they were Level III, then the 'vigilante' needs to start being referred to as a hero.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

amen, save the taxpayers a lot of dough, and save a lot of lost innocence.  (spelling?)
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Supervisor:  "Then go out and do something useful."www.king5.com/topstories/stories/M_IMAGE.10543a66c1a.93.88.fa.7c.b763fe3d.jpg

No, he'd be perched with a rifle across the street from a school or day care facility.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The news article seems to indicate the the offenders were Level III offenders.

Washington classifies Level III as:

Level III. High risk to re-offend within the community at large.  Relevant, accurate and necessary information concerning offenders classified as risk Level III may be disclosed to the public at large.

The information about the 3 offenders mentioned in the article may have been removed, but, this is what I've found so far:

Bellingham Level III Sex Offenders
Whatcom County (Bellingham is in Whatcom) Level III Sex Offenders

If they were Level III, then the 'vigilante' needs to start being referred to as a hero.

great point I over looked. I would have to agree with most here then. hell who doe..... errr NM
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

News article says identities not confirmed, but the news report that was on just a few minutes ago said that the victims WERE offenders.

no such thing, sex offenders can not be vicitms. Glad to see REAL justice was served, I like to be on the jury it would be hard press to get a guilty verdic from my ass.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

amen, save the taxpayers a lot of dough, and save a lot of lost innocence.  (spelling?)

As much as its a warm fuzzy to see justice get exacted, I think this will make is more dangerous for the kids.

These guys (offenders) will get astonimical protection at the taxpayers expense. It will get to the point where no one will know who the offenders are in their area. I searched the offender data base and did not buy in areas based on my findings.

Because of this hero as folks will call him; the offenders will end up getting added protection and perhaps taken off public lists. Just think of how many children will  be at risk when follks cant research their areas to find the creeps?

Yeah they should never be let out, but as long as Democrats and liberals exist, we will have a flawed system of punishment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#28]
And, I may have identified them.

I realize the news article says "2800 block of Northwest Avenue", and these addresses don't jive, but, in scanning the list of Whatcom County offenders, there are (3) Level III offenders at the same address:

Evans, Nathan Thomas Marion - victim is female, age 12.
Gorden, Paul Landis - victim is a female, age 14.
Marroquin, Joe Louis - victims are female, ages 8-14.

The address of all three is "5400 Guide Meridian"

According to MapQuest, 2800 Northwest Ave is about 1-2 miles from 5400 Guide Meridian...

So, I could be off, or the news article/TV report may be inaccurate.

And, if I'm wrong, and those above are still around, maybe they won't be for long...

We can only hope.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
News article says identities not confirmed, but the news report that was on just a few minutes ago said that the victims WERE offenders. I'm going to hold off on commenting for a few minutes. I'm interested in what you folks think...

Dead sex offenders, alright! Give that vigilante more ammo!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Not a Country Music fan, but in the immortal words of one country Diva, "My Give-a-Damn is busted!"
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#31]
This probably allowed some children to grow up normal and happy, and it certainly avenged at least two others.  They could throw me in jail before I would put in a guilty plea on the person who did this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#32]
[Nelson] HA! HA! [/Nelson]

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#33]
What caliber did he use?
I owe that man a box of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Murder?  This act seems more just than letting these high-risk sex offenders back out on the street with a slap on the wrist.  Our children are worth more than that.  We need more judges like this guy.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Hopefully they got full on fucked in the ass before they punched the time clock
I hate sex offenders even more than I hate Illinois Nazis.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's to hoping this 'Vigilante' much success in the future!!!!....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't do it but I'll buy a beer for the guy who did.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hence the denotation of "level three sex offenders"
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1000

He could have offed a few more in the two hours he wasted with those guys. I hope that he lined them up for a "through and through" so as not to waste ammo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#40]
kythri, where were you Friday...all day?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000

He could have offed a few more in the two hours he wasted with those guys. I hope that he lined them up for a "through and through" so as not to waste ammo.

Yeah he needs to budget him time better, he could have capped 5 more in that time frame.
(seriously)
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#42]
In response to the offenders getting public protection, there is an upside:  While they are being protected, they will also be watched, preventing them from re-offending while they are being watched.  This is assuming they are being watched.  But who watches the watchers while they are watching the offender watch his back while watching little children which is why he is being watched by the man who is planning on killing him.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
kythri, where were you Friday...all day?

Heh...

I don't quite remember, but I misplaced my FBI ballcap...

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Well a man come on the 6 o’clock news
Said somebody’s been shot, somebody’s been abused
Somebody blew up a building
Somebody stole a car
Somebody got away
Somebody didn’t get too far yeah
They didn’t get too far

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street for all the people to see that

Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
We’ll all meet back at the local saloon
We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces
Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
We’ve got too much corruption, and crime in the streets
It’s time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
Send ’em all to their maker and he’ll settle ’em down
You can bet he’ll set ’em down ’cause

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
And shepards we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee...

+1
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link to article?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#47]
The other problem is that the level of offense is not always listed.  Some of the people on the offender list are people who merely groped someone or exposed themselves.  

I dont have a problem if the guy getting killed is actually the offender.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Don't be messing with little bearcubs. The momma or papa bear might fuck you up bad in return.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:21:17 AM EDT
[#49]
The FBI should take credit for this, they could use some good PR.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
And, I may have identified them.

I realize the news article says "2800 block of Northwest Avenue", and these addresses don't jive, but, in scanning the list of Whatcom County offenders, there are (3) Level III offenders at the same address:

Evans, Nathan Thomas Marion - victim is female, age 12.
Gorden, Paul Landis - victim is a female, age 14.
Marroquin, Joe Louis - victims are female, ages 8-14.

The address of all three is "5400 Guide Meridian"

According to MapQuest, 2800 Northwest Ave is about 1-2 miles from 5400 Guide Meridian...

So, I could be off, or the news article/TV report may be inaccurate.

And, if I'm wrong, and those above are still around, maybe they won't be for long...

We can only hope.

on the 14 yr olds - does it say if they were statutory rape or a violent aggravated assault?  in some states 14 it ok...although a bit young....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top