Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 11:57:53 AM EDT
Check out the screenplay - maybe a movie deal.

"I believe that Pulling Through will be the first of a new wave of "ultra-realistic" films. They will be entertaining, thought-provoking, and even educational. [b]The goal is to cast Pulling Through with actors who are already gun enthusiasts.[/b] All of the key actors will receive special training from a top-notch firearms training organization such as Front Sight. That will add a lot to the film's realism. Another goal is to mix blank firing with state of the art computer-generated special effects (to create, for example, realistic tracer bullets), and even some scenes of actual live ammunition fire. The live ammo fire will of course require extraordinary safety precautions, but talk about realism! Much of Pulling Through will be filmed on location in north-central Idaho. "

[b]hey guys, sign up - you could be the next action hero[/b]

Pulling Through Screenplay
Based on the novel    
Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse
[url]http://www.rawles.to/Screenplay1.html[/url]

Main Page
[url]http://www.rawles.to/patriots.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The book was [b]GREAT!!![/b]  I bought two copies.  One to give away and one to keep.  Both are gone and I'll have to buy another if I ever want to read it again!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Fantastic book, looks like they're on a decent path to make a movie from it (i.e. not Hollweirded apart).  One can only hope that enough people would see it...
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What's wrong with the picture?

"My goal is to generate demand from the grass roots, so please order your through your local bookstore (not from amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com)."

AND the links from the left of the page?

Buy the Book:
  at Amazon
  at BuyBooks.com
  at Barnes & Noble
  at Powell's Books
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]
James Wesley Rawles
ISBN: 156384155X
[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156384155X/qid=995507327/sr=1-1/ref=sc_b_1/102-6464322-3268925[/url]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I read this online back when it was "The Grey 90s" and enjoyed it.  Then he revised it into "Triple Ought" and added a bunch of fundamentalist religious nonsense.  Haven't read the latest version.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
It is one of my two favorite novels, along with Unintended Consequences.  The fact that a certain heathen doesn't approve of its christian content endears it to me even more.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
SSgtD, please use your idiotic terms correctly...heathen would be someone who believes in a god other than the Christian god. I am more correctly a heretic, since I was a Christian and now have renounced my faith.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Heck..  That was my whole Y2K survival manual !

I still have a few dozen of those stupid blue water barrels in my basement.

BTW:  The author has the 2nd. best (Troy's is #1) AR-15 magazine FAQ going...
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I want to be in the movie!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
View Quote

Not a chance, all of the characters get laid.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
View Quote

Not a chance, all of the characters get laid.
View Quote

LMAO!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Heck..  That was my whole Y2K survival manual !

I still have a few dozen of those stupid blue water barrels in my basement.

BTW:  The author has the 2nd. best (Troy's is #1) AR-15 magazine FAQ going...
View Quote

A few DOZEN?!!?  Wow.  Btw, they make great targets when filled up with water.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:24:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't forget the "TEOTWAWKI" incarnation of the manuscript!

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I read about 4 pages into the thing.  I got sick of it right after they shot the communist cannibals.  How hilarious and simple-minded to associated leftist political ideology with the darkest imagery imaginable--cannibalism.  Why would anyone with a cartload of canned foods resort to eating a child?  The writer has a real black and white view of the world.    

Give me a break!  Talk about cardboard cutout characters!  Don't even get me started on the Christians as holier than thou undercurrent!  We are christians, so we can be judge, jury and executioner.  Ha ha ha!  Another Dark Ages in the making.  The world already experienced religious government.  It was a terrible nightmare, worse than secular government is now--today's Taleban is a perfect example.

You can also see the author's total lack of understanding of other cultures and other people's values--the way he portrayed the foreign students at the university as totally clueless idiots.  In reality, most asian men have military training and are probably more used to hardship than any soft, lazy American.

The whole thing is a big wet dream for white people who fantasize about the collapse of civilization.  All the explicit details about what guns everyone has and what calibers they are.  Who cares?  How superficial.  

I also didn't care for the misapplication of the word 'anarchy' when what was really meant was 'chaos'.  Those are two very different things.

It will never be a movie, no producer would touch it.  I never read the book, I tend to avoid overt religious and white supremacist propaganda.    
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Tritshot, you should give the book a try.  It isn't IMHO at all a white supremacy book.  If you have a problem with the religious overtones, read past them.  You are missing a great book by not reading it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#22]
G Gordon Liddy narrating!

I love it!

God, I hope they don't screw this movie up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't agree about the White supremacy crap, but what's wrong with not buying into the religion lie?  Surely you can't actually believe you are going to die, then play a harp until the end of time in the arms of a God created in mans image?  How could any freedom loving, brain using individual think there is ANY sort of God?  Man is God, as man has the awareness.

There is no God, sorry folks.  The sooner the world get's past this Dark Ages form of mass control, the better off the entire planet will be.

Even with no God, Rosie is still a Domestic Terrorist acting under control of Diane Feinstein, who is another Domestic Terrorist.

Perhaps we should quit wasting time on a fake religion and deal with the imminent threat from Cunts like those listed above.

Believe in yourself, forget God...Wake up folks.
Sorry to those I know I have offended.  Sure you may be living the religion lie, but maybe, just maybe I can get just one of you to question this dated form of government control.

Ar50Guy
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I was reading over my post.  I figure the flame war from the Christian sheep is inevitable.  To further reinforce my point about religion simply being a lie to control the masses, Take a look at what's going on in Afghanistan, Croatia, Isreal, and Palestine.  Those people are so fucked up by religion, they have destroyed what crappy infrastructure they had in the first place.  Thousands upon thousands of people have died and been displaced. Dumbasses who live in a religous swirl like this are out to kill for their God.  How does this make sense?
I am gonna real pissed if when I die I see some damn Santa looking guy sitting on a damn cloud.

Sorry folks, it simply does not add up!~!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Ahh Forest chimed in before I got the reply up!!! What a great Christian Soldier you must be.  
Sorry man, I see no God in my day to day life.  YES I am TOTALLY miserable(sarcasm people).  I live a life of no fear.  I believe in myself and not a ancient lie.  What a totaly terrible life I live being free, in the greatest country in the world.  Where I live with a clear mind, not polluted by the misleadings of the Church.

Ohhh  how terrible.

Why is it you Bible thumpers are so Holier than thou?  I think someone mentioned it in a earlier post.
Just because your believe in something that is patently false, I don't think I am any better than you.  Hell many of the people I value the most are Christians. I do feel a litle bad for you all.  My greatest fear for you Christian types is that while on your deathbed, as you slip away...There is no light at the end of the tunnel.  There is no Angel with a harp.  it is than you realize you wasted your one chance at life.  And you were not some land turtle or dumb shit like that.  You were a human being and you wasted your life being controlled by others using a flse religion to scare you into line.

If religion get's you through the day, great.  it works for you.  But it does not make you one atom better than a non believer.  And vice versa as well.

You should direct this anger you seem to have towards the Domestic terrorists in Kalifonia.
We all need to be united, regardless of belief, bottom line.

But there is still no God, sorry.

Now flame away folks!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#27]
ar50guy is right.  Religion is often used as a control mechanism and it's often VERY messed up.

That's not God.  Religon is a man made institution.

I've had enough experiences in my life to be convinced that God exists.  I'm sorry you haven't ar50guy.  Then again, if you spend some time thinking about it, maybe there is evidence of a god in your life.  Open youself up to the possibility and maybe you will see it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#28]
[Hey that's a great point fight4yourrights about religion vs. God.

You mention experiences.  Can you clarify what life experiences have led you to believe in a God?  Are you talking about something like watching your kids being born.  I enjoyed both my son and daughters birth.  but it didn't change my belief system one bit.  Or are you talking about something else altogether?

AR50Guy

once agian, Sorry to piss off all you Christians.

EDITED by AR50Guy, Cuz I Kant Spel
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#29]
ar50guy - no crap like kids being born.  While some proclaim that a miracle, it is a biological process and won't convince someone like you.

One example of God's work in my life - I was super tired riding my motorcycle home one weekend after waterskiing.  I could not stay awake.  I remember being behind a car, going into a curve.  I awoke ?? miles later, still behind the same car, on a straight away far enough down the road the terrain didn't look the same.  Is it possible I was semi-conscious and actually driving?  Maybe, but I doubt it.

I've had prayers answered, immediately.  I once asked God to help me with something.  I was flipping through my bible and landed on a add-on tutorial section that exactly answered my prayer.  Coincidence?  Maybe, but that's a heck of a long shot.

I've spent an hour looking for something that I HAD to find.  Finally prayed for just a little help.  Found it.

Remember, God doesn't give you what you ask for, but what you NEED.  Even a "NO" is an answer to a prayer.

There are other examples, but those come directly to mind.  A near death experience is another, but that was just a peaceful feeling, no tunnel, etc...

If there were no God, people would invent one.  We need something bigger to believe in, something to live up to.  I think that's part of the current worship of Government - our new God.  Or the worship of celebrities.  People want someone bigger and better than them.

All that said, I understand your skeptism, but I'm convinced God exists.  This doesn't make me "better", but it does make me "saved".  As much as you worry about us on our death beds finding there is no God, we worry so much more that you will find there is a God and he doesn't have a place for you, since you never had a place for him.  If I'm wrong, I die and cease to exist, same as you.  If you are wrong, you die and spend and eternity in Hell.  

Are you a gambling man?
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#30]
This thread has gone off on a little tangent here now hasn't it.  

I personally am not a god fearing person. I figure when I die there is worms. My mother in law, who is an invilid, has died three times. She has been given last rights ,,twice. She claims to have seen the lighted tunnel yada yada yada, then got sent back.. I know it sounds wierd but, thats what she claims.

I personally believe the mind is a powerful thing. If you really believe, then it must be true.

I'm stickin with the worms.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
P:STUC has a lot of excellent, well-thought-out survival, combat, patriot, and preparedness information in it.  It's worth reading, because if nothing else, it will make you think about things you hadn't considered.  [size=4]You shouldn't limit yourself to reading only those books/authors you agree with.[/size=4]  Learn how to absorb the information that's valuable, and leave the rest alone.  While there are some religious undertones in the book, that is certainly not the core of the story.

-Troy
View Quote

Right on!! Read as much as you can.  Read books by your "enemies" as much as you read for enjoyment.  You might be surprised what you pick up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:42:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, I guess I should read the copy that's been sitting on my table for the last few months.  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I think it's a great checklist if you're planning to do a little preparation. You could outline anything from a few barrels of water and a thousand rounds in the garage to a full-on multifamily bunker with it. Lots of good ideas and even brand names and companies to contact for photovoltaic panels, windmills, wheat grinders, etc.

It's kind of a cool story, and worth a read. Just don't expect it to rank up there with literary fiction like Steinbeck, Heinlein or Jackie Collins. [rolleyes]

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Forest - maybe you were just a little crazed due to the fact that your post might have been number 666.
All better know....

edited because I can't count - 686 is different than 668...  ooppssss
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, I read the book over the weekend.  I have to say that it was a pretty good book.  Very informative!  I took notes!  [:)]

However, there WERE a few parts in the book I would have changed.  Of course, that's probably common.  I'm sure some of you could think of places that you would 'rewrite'.  Like when Dan Fong is 'defending the town' by himself with his .50 and .308 cal rifles.  I would have just gone with the others, with the wife, to fight another day.  Not try to take on a bunch of guys.  Sure his kill ratio was great, but it would have been better if he would have gotten out of the area and made it to where his wife was.  Until he ended up dying, I thought he would have.  Oh well.  Good book anyway.  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Is the book on line or just the screenplay?

I started to read the screenplay, but it is too specific with brand names and details. Also, they say "only take head shots- he might have a vest" and they are armed with a CAR15 and M1A.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#39]
No longer online.  Only the screenplay.  Go ahead and buy the book.  It reads more like a how-to than a work of fiction.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sorry but the Secular Governments of Nazi Germany, the USSR, and China have killed far more people than the 'religious' governments.  You sound like an anti-religion Bigot with that kind of sweeping statement.
View Quote

Sure, but the religous governments like the Taleban, Iran, and everything that took place in Europe in the Middle Ages make the Nazis and the Russians look small time.

So you never read the book then claim its religious and White Supremacist??  
View Quote

No, I'm claiming that the script is.

FYI one of the books 'heros' is a Chineese American and one is Jewish.  Not to mention later in the book you have a black couple join up with 'the group' - and this is White Supremecy how? Note most all the bad guys are WHITE - especially in the end.
View Quote

Ooooh, a Chinese American, well that just makes it all right then.  Whatever, there is still a lot of white supremacist propaganda in the script.  I never said anything about the book.  

So answer this:  Were you born an idiot or was it a learned trait?  Because only an idiot would make such comments without actually reading the entire book.
View Quote

Maybe I shoul ask you the same thing?  After all, I made it quite clear that was talking about the script and even indicated how much of it I read. Unlike you, I work for a living, so I'm a bit too busy to bother with anything that I've already identified as trash.  Anyways, how does one learn to be an idiot?  Seems like if you're an idiot it's a lack of learning that is your problem, after all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
SSgtD, please use your [i]idiotic[/i] (emphasis added) terms correctly...[b]heathen would be someone who believes in a god other than the Christian god. I am more correctly a heretic, since I was a Christian and now have renounced my faith.[/b]
View Quote

Once again, RikWriter proves he's out to make friends and influence people.

Sorry, you fucking shit for brains but GySgt_D's use of the term "heathen" is correct.  If you ever bothered to actually look anything up instead of trying to impress everybody with your "bad ass" attitude you'd see that.

To wit:

(**)hea·then (hthn)
n. pl. hea·thens or heathen

1) a. One who adheres to the religion of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.
  b. Such persons considered as a group; the unconverted.

2) a. One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened.
  b. Such persons considered as a group.  

Since #2 is subjective and a value-call of the accuser (GySgt_D), it can apply.

As far as your use of the term "more correctly," - refering to "heretic" (which, by the way is traditionally used for a person who challenges CATHOLIC CHURCH dogma.  To some of my more conservative Catholic bretheren, ALL non-Catholics, even other Christians, are heretics), I'm sure you'll use Clintonian doublespeak to attempt to extricate yourself from the shithole you dug.

Oh, by the way, my "un-Christian" attitude toward you is of my own doing and is not reflective of the teachings of the Church.

Christianity doesn't fail us, only its practitioners.

(**)Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
James Wesley Rawles
ISBN: 156384155X
[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156384155X/qid=995507327/sr=1-1/ref=sc_b_1/102-6464322-3268925[/url]
View Quote

You forgot the comma.

It's "James Wesley, Rawles".

See his web site if you don't believe me.
[url]http://www.rawles.to/[/url]

Nice guy, met him once at a gun show.  He was also on the "Town Meeting" show on Y2K preparedness, back in early 1999.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A bunch of moronicly insipid bullshit that I snipped to spare anyone having to read it twice.
View Quote

MIerinMD, with "Christians" like you around, I never need to invent bad examples to use.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Please pay attention to me.  I never had any friends and as a result I have to constantly validate my lonely, useless life by posting pseudointellectual drivel.
View Quote

I appreciate your honesty Rik.  Maybe your not the prick head everybody says you are.  Ah, then again maybe not.

As far as having to "snip" out my last response, there wasn't really a need.  Everybody knows you're full of shit.  It'd just be another example proving that you're full of shit.

You tried to "school" someone on English yet your attempted use of it only underscores your second-rate public school education.  Do a little research before embarrassing yourself again.  We'll all appreciate it.

And, I never said I was a "good" Christian.  So what's it to you?  You don't believe in Him anyway.  I appreciate your concern nonetheless.

P.S.  And what is "moronicly?"  Did you mean "moronically?"  I can't find your spelling anywhere.  The hits just keep getting better.  Now you create words.

MIerinMD

Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And, I never said I was a "good" Christian.  So what's it to you?  You don't believe in Him anyway.  
View Quote

But you do.  It's a reflection on you and your level of hypocricy, which is obviously pretty high.  For example, you are willing to abandon your moral standards to score points in an online flame war...tells me a lot about you.
None of it good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

But you do [believe in God].  It's a reflection on you and your level of hypocricy, which is obviously pretty high.
View Quote

So? That's not Christianity, that's me.

For example, you are willing to abandon your moral standards to score points in an online flame war...tells me a lot about you.
None of it good.
View Quote

I really don't give two squirts of piss for how you feel about me.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obviously you do, otherwise you would not have posted an attack on me so many days after my last post on this thread.  Actually, it would seem your obsession with me borders on the sexual.  Is that why you became religious? Because of latent homosexual tendencies?
Come on man...just own up to them.  You can't help what you are. You'll feel much better...
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Obviously you do, otherwise you would not have posted an attack on me so many days after my last post on this thread.  

Actually, it would seem your obsession with me borders on the sexual.  Is that why you became religious? Because of latent homosexual tendencies?
View Quote

Do you realize how absolutely stupid you just sounded?

Come on man...just own up to them.  You can't help what you are. You'll feel much better...
View Quote

Geez, is that the best you can do?  Why don't you call me a "poo-poo" head while you're at it.  What are you in 5th grade or what?  I bet you watch Star Trek too, don'tcha little fella?

If you would like me to be a little more timely in my responses to your intellectually bankrupt posts, I will endevour to do so.

As far as some kind of "sexual obsession," to quote Freud, 'Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.'  Maybe it's just because I don't like you.  Think about it tuff guy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just because I don't like you.  Think about it tuff guy.
View Quote

Oh, the thought just crushes me...I will endeavor to persevere however.
Seeya in the funny papers, "poo-poo"head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top