Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 6:49:56 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe-I just got in to work.  I wonder if the shooter was a CCW and what the media will do with it if he was?  

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166954,00.html

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, gonna have to look into this one.  So far, local news websites don't have anything other than the info in your website.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Get ready for a ban on guns at Wal-Mart... Maybe. If it happened in 2 places in a short time, there will be pressure from Brady and company. Hope it was a good shoot. Sounds like it from the article.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
While I certailnly hope this turns out to be a clean shoot, I have my doubts about whether he had a CCW.  Lots of people carrying "illegal" here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Legal carry or not, it was a good shooting according to the short story.
BG stabs victom, person shoots BG.  End of story.
Walmart shoud give the shooter lifetime supply of ammo
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get ready for a ban on guns at Wal-Mart... Maybe. If it happened in 2 places in a short time, there will be pressure from Brady and company. Hope it was a good shoot. Sounds like it from the article.

Three. There was one at one of the local Wal-Marts in Phoenix a few days ago.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

captain,

Great minds think alike
Maybe its that Florida thing
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]

8-26-05       0100hrs
2nd update,  from the local TV news broaadcast.   APD says the shooter was licensed to CCW, and MAY not be prosecuted.   A walmart employee being interviewed thanked the shooter for saving her life, and the lives of coworkers.

Here's an update from the local TV news station...just might be a CCW saving a life.    Even if it was, the APD could spin this any way they want, and get away with it.   BTW, that walmart is a shithole, mostly the dregs of society for customers.

Posted: 8/25/2005 9:57:00 AM
Employee stabbed, man shot inside Wal Mart
Source: KRQE News 13

ALBUQUERQUE -- One person was shot and killed and another stabbed inside a Wal Mart store in southeast Albuquerque on Thursday evening.

It all happened around 5:30 p.m. at the store on San Mateo near Zuni.  There was mayhem and confusion inside a southeast Albuquerque Wal Mart as employees and shoppers were sent fleeing by the sound of gunfire.

A co-worker says a Wal Mart employee working in the deli was attacked by her ex-husband with a knife.

While the SWAT team surrounded Wal Mart, a woman was brought out on a stretcher. She is now in stable condition at UNM hospital.

“She was telling me she was scared of him,” says Wal Mart employee Billie Jo Chavez. “But we never thought he'd come here and do this to her”.

Police won't confirm what happened next, but witnesses say a customer armed with a gun tried to stop the stabbing.

Witnesses say the customer jumped the counter and shot the attacker multiple times, killing him.

Police say one person is in custody, but aren't saying if that person is the shooter.

Police say they will release the names of everyone involved on Friday morning. At that time they also plan to address whether or not the shooting was justified.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:12:03 AM EDT
[#10]
So far, media reports have been fairly positive.  One local channel indicated shooter was a licensed CCW and played a clip of a witness, a Walmart employee, thanking the shooter for saving the co-worker's life.  The report also stated police do not plan on charging the shooter.  There is a news conference scheduled for later this morning.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#11]
So, how about that lifetime supply of ammo for the CCW guy?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#12]
That wal mart is in the "hood"
south-east Albuquerque = Little Juarez
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#13]
This morning's paper has a picture of a man being led out of the Walmart in handcuffs.  The paper does not say it is the man who fired the shots, but only the shooter was detained.  It looks like he might be wearing a Walmart employee vest...........................  (purely speculation on my part)

I've got 400 rounds of Federal Classic HP .40 this guy can have.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Woman probably screaming while being stabbed and people continue about their business...

Gunshot heard and everybody runs for their lives.

How Odd.

Just because she is getting stabbid to death doesn't affect them.  But when bullets go flying, they have to duck and cover so they don't get hurt.  The pussification of america.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Attention Walmart shoppers! We're running a special on Level III body armor on isle 9.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Police won't confirm what happened next, but witnesses say a customer armed with a gun tried to stop the stabbing.

Tried, shit.

He DID stop the stabbing. Permanently.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tried, shit.

He DID stop the stabbing. Permanently.

Good on him!  Sounds like a textbook good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#20]
This guy deserves a ticker tape parade. Reminds me I need to get my ccw.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Tagged for more info....  This guy needs an award!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Good Job.

More CCW's = Less crime.

that is exactly right bigscrun

an armed society is a polite society
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm in for some ammo..but were they all out of baseball bats?

there's usually always a weapon around.

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Some names and a little more info.  Sounds like a very clean shoot.  Gentleman was 72 years young.  And his name fits perfectly.

News Article
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like a clean shoot.

As others have said that Wally world is in the hood. I lived in Abq. for a number of years and still visit quite often....always armed of course.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Some names and a little more info.  Sounds like a very clean shoot.  Gentleman was 72 years young.  And his name fits perfectly.

News Article

He's Due all right..     Due to kick some ass!

I bet he Due Moore before 9am than most people Due all day!

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow... look at this Media Report....

Shooter likely saved woman’s life inside Wal Mart

ALBUQUERQUE -- A man attacking his ex-wife with a knife inside a southeast Albuquerque Wal Mart was shot and killed by a 72-year-old man Thursday evening.
It all happened around 5:30 p.m. at the store on San Mateo near Zuni.  There was mayhem and confusion inside a southeast Albuquerque Wal Mart as employees and shoppers were sent fleeing by the sound of gunfire.

The victim in this case is 46-year old Joyce Cordova. She is in critical but stable condition at this time at UNM Hospital.

Albuquerque Police say Cordova had a long history of domestic violence with ex-husband Felix Vigil. A co-worker says Cordova was working in the deli was attacked by her ex-husband.

Vigil was shot to death by 72-year old Due Moore.  Police won't say how many shots were fired, but some witnesses tell News 13 they heard at least three shots.

Police say Moore had a concealed carry license and is a well-known volunteer with APD's cold case unit.

“It’s probably a very good thing he (Moore) was there,” says APD Sgt. Trish Hoffman. “Ms. Cordova may not be here today if it had not been for him.”

Police say there was a valid restraining order in place against the victim's ex-husband.

Police say Moore has been very cooperative and has not been charged with any crime.

How often do you see works that are PRO CCW in the media?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

ALBUQUERQUE -- A man attacking his ex-wife with a knife inside a southeast Albuquerque Wal Mart was shot and killed by a 72-year-old man Thursday evening.

The victim in this case is 46-year old Joyce Cordova. She is in critical but stable condition at this time at UNM Hospital.

Albuquerque Police say Cordova had a long history of domestic violence with ex-husband Felix Vigil. A co-worker says Cordova was working in the deli was attacked by her ex-husband.

Vigil was shot to death by 72-year old Due Moore.  Police won't say how many shots were fired, but some witnesses tell News 13 they heard at least three shots.

Police say Moore had a concealed carry license and is a well-known volunteer with APD's cold case unit.

“It’s probably a very good thing he (Moore) was there,” says APD Sgt. Trish Hoffman. “Ms. Cordova may not be here today if it had not been for him.”

Police say there was a valid restraining order in place against the victim's ex-husband.

Police say Moore has been very cooperative and has not been charged with any crime.

The highlighted in red is going to help his case alot. Seems he was already a volunteerwith the police departments cold case unit, possibly doing his own PI work helping the popo...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Dammit man, the important stuff -- did he use a 9mm or .45?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

From what I have heard he shot the guy twice in the chest area and the guy continued to stab the woman so he put one into the guys head.  Good shooting in my book.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope he wasn't using handloaded ammo. Then the DA might slam him for using ammo "designed to be more deadly" than commercial stuff.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#33]
One less psycho wife-abusing bastard.  I do not see a downside to this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I am glad that they identified the correct person as the victim in that article as well.  You know sometimes they refer to the freaking scum-bag home-invader/rapist who gets his ass shot for being a piece of shit as "the victim."

You know carrying your CCW in NM (I used to live there) into any establishment that sells any alcohol whatsoever, whether for on premise consumption or not, is a felony.  Stupid law that needs to be changed.  They better not charge this guy or I am going to be pissed.  Wal-marts do have liquor licences in NM.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I am glad that they identified the correct person as the victim in that article as well.  You know sometimes they refer to the freaking scum-bag home-invader/rapist who gets his ass shot for being a piece of shit as "the victim."

You know carrying your CCW in NM (I used to live there) into any establishment that sells any alcohol whatsoever, whether for on premise consumption or not, is a felony.  Stupid law that needs to be changed.  They better not charge this guy or I am going to be pissed.  Wal-marts do have liquor licences in NM.

I don't think this store sells alcohol as it is close to a high school, although I'm not 100% on this.  I have not been in this store since it became a supercenter.  The neighbor hood is a complete shithole and I stay far away from this place as it's right in the middle of the drug neighbor hoods and the prosti district.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Does that apply to mouthwash? It's high in alcohol.

What about isopropyl alcohol or de-natured alcoho? Not trying to be stupid but does the law say only drinking type alcohol or is it more ambiguous? Sounds to me like a big loophole on the side of prosecuting law abiding citizens! Sounds like the law REALLY needs a good looking at.

ETA: Oh, yeah.....good job fellah! You should get a medal!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#38]
NIce shoot'n.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#39]

It all happened around 5:30 p.m. at the store on San Mateo near Zuni. There was mayhem and confusion inside a southeast Albuquerque Wal Mart as employees and shoppers were sent fleeing by the sound of gunfire.

Vigil was shot to death by 72-year old Due Moore. Police won't say how many shots were fired, but some witnesses tell News 13 they heard at least three shots.

What the fuck do they mean probably?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I watched an interview with Mr. Due this evening.  Seemed like a nice, quiet spoken man.  Media did state the deceased had a restraining order in place for previous violence.  Still getting lots of good press.  But I still want to know whether he can use the .40 ammo I've got.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

What the fuck do they mean probably?

I don't think the cop meant anything by it. She was probably just understating the stituation. It's the way some people talk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top