Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 7:38:34 AM EDT
A month or so ago it was revealed that a man from Boston had spent 26 years in prison for a crime that the FBI knew he did not committ.
I am looking for details of that account and I would appreciate if anyone can lead me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the details of what happened per se.  I think it was a case of the FBI had the choice of either letting a key informant go to jail, or keep silent and let an innocent man be falsely convicted for the informants crimes.  The now-retired FBI agent was a real a**hole when they showed him being questioned by some sort of board of inquiry.  The head of the board asked him how he felt about putting an innocent man behind bars for 30 years and the FBI agent responded in a real sarcastic tone, "What do you want me to do?  Cry about it?"  Amazing that they allow filth like that into the law enforcement profession.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The FBI doesn't do thing's like this. I know because Randy Weaver told me so. [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]
"Amazing that they allow filth like that into the law enforcement profession."

They need filth that are willing to do unconstitutional things to our citizens. They could never count on us "good-guys" to do their (unlawful) bidding. They care nothing about your rights. The care about the cool toys and ninja outfits they get to wear. They care about their ego and think of themselves as supermen. They trample all over your rights, your belongings, and your face and laugh about it afterwards. Enjoy it because no one is going to do anything to stop it, and if you do, the media and the govt will label you a traitor and a coward and we'll sit here and talk about how stupid or crazy you were. We won't help you because we are all wrapped up in our own lives and have too much to live for. It makes me sick and I am ashamed that I see and hear all the injustices that goes on and I do nothing. Sure I participate in your online votes on abc.com, I sign petitions, I write letters to our representatives, I give money to the NRA, GOA, etc. What does it accomplish? Not nearly enough and pretty close to nothing. Excuse me while I go puke.

Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I take it that no one remembers this case. Anyone from Boston area out there that can tell me where to look for this info?
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#5]
This is starting to sound like LEO Bashing!

This really needs to be looked at from the perspective of someone was convicted of a crime and is therefore guilty, the FBI agent in question has not been convicted of anything therefore is not a criminal.  If he did do something illegal he would have been indicted/ convicted/ sentenced.  But he has not been so he cannot be a bad guy.  Besides for the FBI to lie, cheat, perjure, that would be violating their ethical codes of conduct and as BeauBeaux so eloquently stated "The FBI doesn't do thing's like this"

Guy sitting in prison=guilty.  Retired FBI  smoking stogie in his lazy boy=good guy, defender of all that is righteous.

Filth?  FBI filth???  Man some of you really need to start respecting authoritay.  We should be a lot more like Mexico.  I have never once heard anyone say anything disrespectful to a Federale while I was visiting there.  They know how to respect authoritay!

rDAm
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh had to get our sarcasm out before we went to work???

It went something like this, FBI contacts what they think are low level mob goons and turns them into smitches. FBI dosen't take any action against said goons when they commit crimes. Said goons are actually much more dangerous than FBI knows, or cares to know. As relationship goes on FBI tips goons to other FBI and police mob investigations. Goons steer clear of investigations but are quick to turn fellow mobsters into the investigations, thereby eliminating the compitetion. For those they can't get out of the way like that they do the mob thing and "rub'em out."

After, the goons, kill a couple of guys the heat is on. FBI asks goons if they knew who did it. Goons lead FBI to low level street criminal(IIRC) that had nothing to with any serious crimes. But they find enough evidence so he is convicted.

Goons continue feeding whatever info they want to FBI, while continuing to commit other crimes. Whitey Bulger is one of the goons, was the mob boss of Boston for some time his brother was the Speaker of the House in the Mass. Legislature for appx 10 years in the 80's-90's. Whitey is still on the lose, has been profiled on America's Most Wanted several times. I think they are looking at several murders that he ordered/did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top