Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 7:26:08 AM EDT
Does anyone have hands on experience with laser bore sighters? Which brand does the military use?  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know that the military uses any of them. But I'll save you some time and trouble, the in the end of the bore laser sighters are a waste of time and money.

The only one I've ever seen that is practical is the Alpec "chambered" boresighter. These look like a bullet with a laser light. They get you right in the center at 150m. A handy doodad to have in your pocket when you want to check your zero after dropping your gun.

But these do NOT work in bright sunlight, only around dusk.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
my brother bought one of the cheap $40 ones from walmart. it's kinda cheesy it doesn't have different arbors for different calibers just a cone shaped plastic universal one you shove in the barrel. we did his 10/22 and a friend of ours ruger m77 pretty easy. it doesn't get it right on of course but gets you close enough 2 or 3 shots at 25y is all you need. plus hardly anybody makes a standard bore sighter tall enough to do a carry-handle mounted scope on an ar and I want to try one of those out and this'll be easier than burning a whole mag sighting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top