Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2001 9:13:54 PM EDT
I recently purchased a bushmaster rifle. One of the guys at work tells me that not only is the olympic cheaper but it is a "better" rifle. what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he probally has a Olympic he wants to trade you for your Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with 610.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he knows nothing about AR's other than what the salesman told him.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Dont listen to him thats for sure. The Bushy is loads better than the Olympic. The Olympic is nicer then some of the other rifles though. You get what you pay for most of the time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushmasters is definetely the better rifle. Better fit and finish, and don't forget, Olympic doesn't come with a chrome lined barrel.

That's not to say that Olympic is a bad gun. Just that the Bushmaster is better IMO.

Edited because I'm to stupid to use spellcheck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I experienced flame-cutting after 8K-9K of rounds in the gas hole under the front sight of Oly Arms CAR15 carbon steel barrel that I bought in '89.  This caused the hole to be enlarged, and caused feeding mal-functions because it admitted too much gas into the action.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got an Olympic salad shooter, my wife has a Bushmaster v-match. The bushmaster has been trouble free, the oly on the other hand had sheered the bolt once, launching metal parts out the ejection port and has more jams than proper feeds. My oly is mainly a plastic club. Don't listen to your friend, bushmasters are light years ahead in all aspect (design, fit, function)

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By high rolling psycho:
olympic cheaper but it is a "better" rifle.......
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!  That's a joke right?? Yeah, I get it!!

DK [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#9]
When you combine quality AND price together, my purchase would follow this order:

Rock River Arms
Bushmaster (VERY close 2nd, price is the determining factor)
Olympic Arms (lower only)
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I appreciate your input I'm sorry I haven't been able to check replies. Your not going to believe this but the friend from work is getting an olympic "plinker" with an A1 upper. He thinks this is better than my bushmaster 16" hbar shorty.based on the price less than 600.00 for the plinker and I paid 679 for my bushie. What kind of comparison is that?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top