That should be required reading.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is sooo locked
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Durka Durka. Required reading--affirmative.  I'm tired of liberals protecting Muslims under the banner of political correctness and sensitivity.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? I'm on chapter 3 so far and it's pretty much dead on as far as I'm concerned.

Because that book is hate speech.

You're gonna get in trouble.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not lock worthy imo. Now if some bonehead post the kill them comment then it will.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That should be required reading.

It's on the NY Times bestseller list.  No kidding.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I love how he got the quote on the top of the cover.  Linking to the ROP website so others could read their real nature definitely deserves a curse of this nature - so peaceful and loving.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#10]
You're still going to get in trouble.

Hater.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered that at amazon.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not lock worthy imo. Now if some bonehead post the kill them comment then it will.

Dammit, kill th......................er, nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Durka Durka. Required reading--affirmative.  I'm tired of liberals protecting Muslims under the banner of political correctness and sensitivity.

Yeah, ain't a lot of us....but it seems to be the norm here for some reason....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, ain't a lot of us....but it seems to be the norm here for some reason....

I don't like being called a racist because I referred to terrorists as towelheads. Hell, to them I'm an infidel--and a woman undeserving of rights, to boot!

I hate when liberals say, "let's understand why they hate us." Let's stop pondering and just kick some ass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#16]
bookmarked the book on amazon, because this thread is going to have one short half life - lets face history is no longer politically correct either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
bookmarked the book on amazon, because this thread is going to have one short half life - lets face history is no longer politically correct either.

I went ahead and bought the book, since this thread will have the same half life as a snowball in hell.  And, at my age, out of sight is out of mind.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You all will be banned thread

Just don't use infi*el and you'll be fine.

You mean use it in a sentence where one degrades another ?; or just the word Infi*el ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean use it in a sentence where one degrades another ?; or just the word Infi*el ?

You can't even THINK it when sitting at the computer!
(I'm kidding, some dope started a thread claiming that a thread got locked for the use of the word infidel)

I would be that dope.  I take offense to being called a dope.  I am an Infidel.  

You called me a dope, that is a personal attack...ban yourself.  

ETA:  You still haven't answered my IM.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#22]
IBTL, this is going nowhere but down.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Goodbye, Wave.

"We hardly knew ye..."  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<-------------- Okay I won't
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Goodbye, Wave.

"We hardly knew ye..."  

ROFL
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Serious question:

Is this a legitimate book, or just some political/comedy hit piece?

I ask because if it's legit, I'll read it. I want facts (not that I think that there's anything remotely unhumerous about the fact this book is part of a PIG series!), not sensationalist hysteria.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious???
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Serious question:

I ask because if it's legit, I'll read it. I want facts (not that I think that there's anything remotely unhumerous about the fact this book is part of a PIG series!), not sensationalist hysteria.

Thanks.

You can get a copy for less than $14 here:  half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1319882835

Just don't read it while surfing Arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Serious question:

Thanks.

Yes.  Robert Spencer's been writing about militiant Islam for a long time.  He runs the websites www.jihadwatch.org and www.dhimmiwatch.org

ROBERT SPENCER, the director of Jihad Watch, is a writer and researcher who has written five books, seven monographs, and hundreds of articles about jihad and Islamic terrorism. He is the author of Islam Unveiled: Disturbing Questions About the World's Fastest Growing Faith (Encounter) and Onward Muslim Soldiers: How Jihad Still Threatens America and the West (Regnery). He is coauthor, with Daniel Ali, of Inside Islam: A Guide for Catholics (Ascension), and editor of the essay collection The Myth of Islamic Tolerance: How Islamic Law Treats Non-Muslims (Prometheus). His latest book is the New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) (Regnery).

Spencer (MA, Religious Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) has been studying Islamic theology, law, and history in depth since 1980. He is an Adjunct Fellow with the Free Congress Foundation, and his monographs on Islam are available from the Foundation: An Introduction to the Qur'an; Women and Islam; An Islamic Primer; Islam and the West; The Islamic Disinformation Lobby; Islam vs. Christianity; and Jihad in Context.

His articles on Islam and other topics have appeared in the New York Post, the Washington Times, the Dallas Morning News, Canada's National Post, FrontPage Magazine.com, WorldNet Daily, Insight in the News, Human Events, National Review Online, and many other journals. He has discussed jihad, Islam, and terrorism on CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, PBS, and C-Span, as well as on numerous radio programs including Michael Savage's Savage Nation, The G. Gordon Liddy Show, the Michael Medved Show, The Michael Reagan Show, The Larry Elder Show, Vatican Radio, and many others.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Why should I believe what you say about Islam?
A: Because I draw no conclusions of myself. Pick up my books Onward Muslim Soldiers and Islam Unveiled, and you will see that both are made up largely of quotations from Islamic jihadists and the traditional Islamic sources to which they appeal to justify violence and terrorism. I am only shedding light on what these sources say.

Q: Why have you studied Islam for so long?
A: It has been an enduring fascination. Since childhood I have had an interest in the Muslim world, from which my family comes, and when I met Muslim students in college I began studying the Qur'an in earnest. That led to in-depth forays into tafsir (interpretations of the Qur'an), hadith (traditions of the Prophet Muhammad), and much more about Islamic history, theology, and law. I had been consulting privately with some individuals about Islam for quite some time; after 9/11 I was asked to write Islam Unveiled in order to correct some of the misapprehensions about Islam that were widespread at that time.

Q: Why do so many people convert to Islam?
A: There are many attractive elements of the religion. I think that its adamantine certainties appeal to many people who are disgusted with the current relativism and amorality of the Western world. Also there are many rich and grand aspects of Islamic history and culture which also make the religion attractive today. The global jihad against the West today also helps Islam gather converts in the West from among groups that feel themselves to be oppressed or marginalized. Conversions have been stimulated by successful, if often fanciful, Muslim efforts to present Islam as a religion free of the sins of the West -- particularly racial discrimination.

Q: Do you hate Muslims?
A: Of course not. Islam is not a monolith, and never have I said or written anything that characterizes all Muslims as terrorist or given to violence. I am only calling attention to the roots and goals of jihad violence. Any Muslim who renounces violent jihad and dhimmitude is welcome to join in our anti-jihadist efforts. Any hate in my books comes from Muslim sources I quote, not from me. Cries of "hatred" and "bigotry" are effectively used by American Muslim advocacy groups to try to stifle the debate about the terrorist threat. But there is no substance to them. It is not an act of hatred against Muslims to point out the depredations of jihad ideology. It is a peculiar species of displacement and projection to accuse someone who exposes the hatred of one group of hatred himself: I believe in the equality of rights and dignity of all people, and that is why I oppose the global jihad. And I think that those who make the charge know better in any case: they use the charge as a tool to frighten the credulous and politically correct away from the truth.

Q: Do you think all Muslims are terrorists?
A: See above.

Q: Are you trying to incite anti-Muslim hatred?
A: Certainly not. I am trying to point out the depth and extent of the hatred that is directed against the United States, because I believe that the efforts to downplay its depth and extent leave us less equipped to defend ourselves. As I said above, the focus here is on jihad; any Muslim who renounces the ideologies of jihad and dhimmitude is most welcome to join forces with us. Anyone who targets innocent Muslims in the USA is not only evil, but is playing into the hands of the jihadists who are trying to fan the flames of anti-American hatred. Also, one of the reasons why the war on terror is so important is that those who would destroy Western civilization do not believe in the principles of due process and justice that are central elements of the American system.

Q: Are you deliberately ignoring more liberal schools of thought in Islam?
A: Certainly not. I encourage any Muslim individual or group who is willing to work publicly for the reform of the Islamic doctrines, theological tenets and laws that Islamic jihadists use to justify violence. But this must be done honestly and thoroughly, confronting the texts of the Qur'an, Hadith, and Sira that are use to justify violence against unbelievers, and decisively rejecting Qur'anic literalism. Not all self-proclaimed moderates are truly moderate: many deny that these elements of Islam exist at all — hardly a promising platform for reform. It is important to make proper distinctions and speak honestly about the roots of the terrorist threat.

Q: What can we do about this threat?
A: Many things, but what we must do above all is remain true to our principles of freedom and equality of rights and dignity for all. These ideas and related ones are what set us apart from global jihadists. If we discard them in order to fight the jihadists, we risk erasing the distinction between the two camps.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: Jihad ideology is a threat to the peace and human rights of non-Muslims as well as Muslims worldwide. If it is not confronted and resisted, it will prevail.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im still trying to figure out how the word infidel attacks the muslim faith.

WTF do I know?  This aint my house anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't need to read a book that tells me what I already know about Islam.

I learned all of that in Catholic school learning about the Crusades.

People (including myself) should get a Koran and read the text.

I'm sure that it will only reinforce what I learned as a child........

Here are a few quotes:

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

Some anti-Christian views of the Koran:

YUSUFALI: They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.
YUSUFALI: They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Eff ISLAM.  I look foward to the day when it exists no more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Here are a few quotes:

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

YUSUFALI: They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.
YUSUFALI: They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.

Beware Ed Sr. will have you skinned alive for being a hate monger.  Muslims don't believe that crap written in their holy book.  I know so, I've read it on arfcom, Ed Sr. has written so.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I think I will give this piece a gander.

Infidel is not seriously banned is it?  Kaboom too?  Damn where the hell have I been...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Isn't that the book that Balzac was co-writing?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#43]
tag, i wanna read it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I think I will give this piece a gander.

Infidel is not seriously banned is it?  Kaboom too?  Damn where the hell have I been...

You forgot:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Isn't that the book that Balzac was co-writing?

That's funny, but no.

You sure?   Oh I get it.  You are right.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#46]
All I know is, if INFIDEL is banned...we gotta add the C-word too.
I'm just sayin!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I thought the article on the authors website about  female circumcision resurfacing in Northern and western Iraq, was particularly instructive, as to what sort of culture Bin Laden and the Wahabi's have in mind.

It was only a matter of time till the Wahabi's turned their attention to creating their version of the Islamic male paradise, by beginning to cut the clitoruses out of their little girls.

For those of you who think this was an isolated practice limited to backwater islamic cutures in Africa, I would point out that there were three Egyptian supreme court cases regarding female circumcision as late as 1997 and the controvesy continues to this day.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Just ordered it from Half-ebay.com for $16

Thanks Wave.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I thought the article on the authors website about  female circumcision resurfacing in Northern and western Iraq, was particularly instructive, as to what sort of culture Bin Laden and the Wahabi's have in mind.

It was only a matter of time till the Wahabi's turned their attention to creating their version of the Islamic male paradise, by beginning to cut the clitoruses out of their little girls.

For those of you who think this was an isolated practice limited to backwater islamic cutures in Africa, I would point out that there were three Egyptian supreme court cases regarding female circumcision as late as 1997 and the controvesy continues to this day.

I remember hearing about that a few (like 10) years ago.
I'd kill someone who did that to my daughter.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here are a few quotes:

Beware Ed Sr. will have you skinned alive for being a hate monger.  Muslims don't believe that crap written in their holy book.  I know so, I've read it on arfcom, Ed Sr. has written so.

Straight from the source, so I don't think I will be banned FOR THIS particular post.....(Don't tell tbk1!!)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top