Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:52:36 AM EDT
I was reading this thread. Seems to a lot on angst about the amount of $$ spent. I've spent anywhere from next to nothing on a date all the way to the full Ruth Chris treatment.

Taking the Mrs on one of our date nights to any of the chain type restraunts will always run $45-60 easy. Thats just for dinner and nothing else. So what do you expect to spend on a date?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
On a first date with someone I don't know?  $10 tops but we do something fun.  The first date is supposed to be about getting to know each other not about what you are doing.  If she doesn't like it then she fails the date because all she is looking to do is find some guy to buy her things...and I ain't that guy.

Once I've established that the girl likes me for me and we go out a couple more times you can easily spend $50 on dinner and $20 at the movies.  Of course the women I date always offer to pay for something so I usually let them get the movies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]

~$35
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On a first date with someone I don't know?  $10 tops but we do something fun.  The first date is supposed to be about getting to know each other not about what you are doing.  If she doesn't like it then she fails the date because all she is looking to do is find some guy to buy her things...and I ain't that guy.

What can you possibly due for $10? Two drinks are going to run $10.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Varies widely depending on where your at in the country.  For city slicker like me $60 is drinks only.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
As Professor Tom Leykis advises us, never spend more than $45 on a date.
Good advice.

He also advises:

Eat a little before you go out, then order a light dinner.   No woman will EVER order
more food than you do.   Cuts costs a little.  Eat a salad, then dessert.   Women
love dessert and you get to the goodies without having to go through a lobster to get there.

NEVER go on a date to a movie.  Complete waste of time.  Go to movies alone. You can't
talk or learn anything about someone in a movie theater. Do something interactive.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Starbucks and an Art Show.

So far, so good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I just get an allowance, the wife pays for everything  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two expensive drinks might cost that.  As I said in the other thread, start out playing pool and have a couple drinks.  Usually after the round or two the girl will offer to get a round of drinks.  A pool table costs what $4 to $7 an hour?  Individual games cost $0.75.  Usually the girl has all sorts of change in her purse and will offer it...if she is having fun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#9]
ooops i forgot my wallet can you get this.

probably about 20-40 bucks if were having dinner and a show. other than the one ill be putting on at the house.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I dont spend anything......... I make her pay
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two expensive drinks might cost that.  As I said in the other thread, start out playing pool and have a couple drinks.  Usually after the round or two the girl will offer to get a round of drinks.  A pool table costs what $4 to $7 an hour?  Individual games cost $0.75.  Usually the girl has all sorts of change in her purse and will offer it...if she is having fun.

So is it really a date or just meeting someone? Did you go pick her up etc?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd plan to spend $40, but I'd have $100 on me, since I wouldn't want to tell a first date no, that's out of my budget! (not the restaurant, but what she ordered, since some casual places have one or two pricey items).
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So far, so good.

First the coffee sucks (unless we are talking crappucino frozen drinks), and art??
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#14]
depends on ammo and range time

my sig other loves to go shooting with me
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#15]
the girls I date usualy pay around 60bucks for our date
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been married for 6 years now and I still spend $75 or so on a date night.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's alot of Pacman at the arcade baby!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So far, so good.

First the coffee sucks (unless we are talking crappucino frozen drinks), and art??

I didn't pick it for the coffee.
Believe me, whore-bucks is the last place I want to go.
It was a convenient place to meet.
And the art fare happened to be across the street.

Who Dares Wins.

The lesson, pick some place inexpensive so you can feel each other out, and see if you have similar interets.
Pay attention to the things she likes, so that if things work out, you know what to do for a second date.
I saw the show across the street, and after chatting, decided to make the second date then and there. For our "second date" we moved across the street and had a chance to talk some more.

It's been a coupld of months now.
Tonight is dinner and a movie.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#19]
About $20...............  Seriously.  

My most 'successful' dates were and are not dinner and a movie, or theatre or whatever.  I'm a stone's throw from the Adirondacks.  Nothing beats a nature date.........

Examples:  Afternoon canoeing, day hike to mountain top or a boat ride on one of many lakes to look at the fall foliage.  She's expecting a sandwich and soda for lunch.  No way....  Even on the mountain hikes lunch is brie, bottle of wine, fresh fruit, little chocolate, some fresh baked bread (I bake my own -  when the little chicky realized I spent an hour the night before baking bread for HER date, they get that little twinkle in their eye).  

Add it all up...  You have a nice appreciative woman, in a decidely romantic kind of environment, and, if you did your homework, a relatively remote site.  And what the hell, the lunch blanket is already laid out....................  

Worked in college, worked after college, and sure as hell works now...  

Best $20 you ever spent...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#20]
How much do I spend?

About an ounce or two, depending on how good she is....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#21]
My (our) favourite dinning location runs between two hundred and fifty to three hundred for a meal. Of course, that does not include gratuities.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I know I'm just hosin ya
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Theres something to be said for celibacy.

Its a lot easier on the wallet then dating.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is it really a date or just meeting someone? Did you go pick her up etc?

What's the difference really?  Is it a requirement that you have to go to the girls house and pick her up for it to be a date?  I think I've done that once.  With the girl I'm working on setting up a date with she lives about an hour away from me.  I'm not driving all that way to meet her the first time, plus I don't know of anything to do in her town.  So that means I would have to drive another 30 minutes just to get where the "date" was going to happen...then it's another 1 1/2 drive back home.  That would be 3 hours of driving for a first date that has no promise of anything more than "thanks".  The date I'm setting up with this current girl is half way between our places.  I have a 30 minute drive, if I'm not impressed with her I can either go to another bar in that town or just drive 30 minutes back home.  It takes most of the pressure off the situation as I have very little invested in it.  If it doesn't work, oh well no big loss.  Compare that to 3 hours driving, $60 on a dinner, and the feeling of getting screwed if things don't work.  I prefer my method.  

Once I know the girl it's very common for me to tell her to come to my house and we will go out once she gets there.  That way I'm not wasting any time waiting for her if she isn't ready or decides not to show.  Plus they will end up back at my house at the end of the night.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#26]
My GF and I go out once a week to a nice restaurant and it costs me about $130 with tip. Then we have another 3 dinners at my house per week that cost me for her maybe $60 including her wine. Then maybe 1 lunch a week...about $15 for her. Then 2 vacations a year....maybe $2500 for her. Then we have valentines, birthday and x-mas....about $1000 a year.

Grand total per year that I spend on my GF: $14,160. We've been dating 3 years so.....$42,480.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#27]
The most i have paid was about $125 for first date.  That was dinner, movie, and ice cream.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$10 will buy a pack of condoms, if you're a nice guy you can let her pick the brand.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$10 will buy a pack of condoms, if you're a nice guy you can let her pick the brand.

Just remember, they're ribbed for HER pleasure, not yours.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
How much do I spend?

About an ounce or two, depending on how good she is....

That is SO wrong, yet SO funny
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#31]
20 bucks get me an average girl off the street, 40 bucks im treating myself to some class!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
20 bucks get me an average girl off the street, 40 bucks im treating myself to some class!

I'd have expected something about poison and daggers from you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top