Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 5:44:08 PM EDT
Apparently, shortly after Mrs GT and myself went home, my mom heard the dogs go apeshit. She ignored it and went back to bed. Once again, the dogs get quiet and mom thought she heard someone in the back yard. Thinking it was us coming back, she got up to say hello. She walked around the corner to see someone reaching in through the dog door!

It was a former employee of my dad's who my dad gave a chance after he got out of jail for smuggling pain meds back from mexico. (the guy is an ex-Marine and Border Patrol officer who apparently got tangled up in some bad shit) When drug dude got weird, dad canned him and he dropped off the map. Shortly thereafter, drug boy's dad (my dad's neighbor) has all of his guns stolen (from behind the false wall that nobody knew about other than his kids) and his van broken in to.

When drug boy saw my mom, he stood up real fast and started asking if he could talk to dad. Then my mom noticed DB's buddy standing back a bit. Yeah, apparently fuckhead brought help to steal my folk's stuff. He stammered about wanting to know if he could get his job back, blah blah blah, and mom grabbed the phone. Soon as she picked up the phone, he and his buddy suddenly remembered appointments elsewhere.

Cops came and took a report (no cop bashing please--it was all they could do) and said that he was already in violation on his probation.

What really pisses me off about this, is that my parents did this guy a favor, and he tried to burgal them.[mad] My dad, in fact my whole fucking family, are the kind of folks who would give you the shirt of their back if they thought you needed it more than they did, and some shit stain pulls this garbage. Had I been there, DB woulda gotten the business end of a gun in his face while we waited for the nice men in the partitioned cars to show up.

700 bucks to fix my damn AC unit (had to charge me to put back together what they tore apart donchaknow) and then this shit! Now I gotta worry about someone breaking in and stealing my folks' stuff, or even robbing them at fucking gunpoint!

GT
Hopping Fucking Mad...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
well since they know who it is, there shouldnt be any problems arresting the guy, convicting him.....

well we can hope.

maybe you should lend your mom a rifle
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What really pisses me off about this, is that my parents did this guy a favor, and he tried to burgal them.

No good deed goes unpunished.  Scumbag is lucky he didn't pull a bloody stump back through the doggy door.  Lock your doors and get a better guard dog.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
well since they know who it is, there shouldnt be any problems arresting the guy, convicting him.....

well we can hope.

maybe you should lend your mom a rifle

Yeah, except junkie boy is apparently without known address.

And I imagine that my folks will be updating their home security proceedures. My dad's glock will be living much closer to him, and mom likes the Mak... Though I imagine that her 357 will be easier to tote around.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
She should have heel stomped his hand. They could've caught him at the ER.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No good deed goes unpunished.  Scumbag is lucky he didn't pull a bloody stump back through the doggy door.  Lock your doors and get a better guard dog.  

My mom likes cuddly dogs. They bark, but Junkie boy used to work for dad AT my parent's house.
I may see if they want to borrow my dog for a couple weeks. Imagine his surprise when he comes back into the yard expecting the aussie shepherds and meets a large APBT

I am also going to suggest that they get an alarm.

GT
My dogs are fine if you come in through the door. Try and come around the side gate or over a wall, and you'll save me some money on kibble.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Change doors ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, Mom and Pop should start carring a pistola around the house for a few weeks. Next time they have every right to help him kick that nasty breathing habit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Ditch the fucking dog door. They are an open invitation to thieves.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
My late father-in-law, the hard-bitten, former German Luftwaffe POW from WW2, had the perfect solution for dealing with junkies: "Ach, just line zem all up against ze vall and shoot zem!"
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.a-human-right.com/s_recoil.jpg

where did you get that picture? link please
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, dude - see your own post above

www.a-human-right.com

KICK ASS website.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#14]
What town/neighborhood does your momz live in?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
My folks are seldom without a weapon within relatively close reach. I don't think it was a home invasion attempt. He knows that my dad is gone all day running his business and my mom is working all day. I think he thought he would just pop over, let himself in (the dogs know him), take whatever he could lay his greasy little palms on, and vanish. My mom did not at ANY TIME allow him into the house. She just kind of yelled at him through the sliding glass door. The dog door is nowhere near a door to unlock by reaching tthrough, but he may have thought he could squirm inside.

I may start house sitting for them when they go out of town. If they take their dogs, I'll bring mine over. Make sure that there are all kinds of papers piled up in the drive, leave the front of the house dark, you know, all the normal enticements to theives. Then maybe I can persuade him to sit still until the police arrive.

I'll make sure that there are no impediments that could be construed as pre-meditation of stopping an unlawful act towards my parents.

It really sucks, because his dad and mom are good folks, and he seemed like a decent guy the few times I met him. Makes you kind of reassess your people judging skills....

GT

ETA: All the guns (other than the personal pistols) are in a 60 gun safe, secured to the slab with 10 8 inch lag bolts. It ain't going anywhere.
ETA:The striken comments above are satire. In no way shape or form do I wish this poor misunderstood individual any physical harm and only wish to see him successfully treated and rehabbed and released into society once again. Which is why I will only use Airsoft Claymores. And flower scented OC spray. heaven help us if a theif should get so much as a broken nail in the commission of a mid day burglary....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Mesa. Gilbert and Brown area. Not a bad neighborhood at all.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I may start house sitting for them when they go out of town. If they take their dogs, I'll bring mine over. Make sure that there are all kinds of papers piled up in the drive, leave the front of the house dark, you know, all the normal enticements to theives. Then maybe I can persuade him to sit still until the police arrive.

Then DELETE this incriminating evidence.......
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incriminating? How so? It ain't me doing a little B&E. far as I am concerned, you should be able to leave your car running and your front door wide fucking open when you are gone and not have to worry about it. If you get injured, maimed, crippled, drowned, electrocuted, eaten by bears, skinned alive with a tiff mower, blugeoned to death, etc etc while you are committing a crime, tough luck Chuck. Don't steal things and people won't beat you bloody. Simple.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Get your mom one of these to use for the dog door reach-thru:

CW
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incriminating? How so? It ain't me doing a little B&E. far as I am concerned, you should be able to leave your car running and your front door wide fucking open when you are gone and not have to worry about it. If you get injured, maimed, crippled, drowned, electrocuted, eaten by bears, skinned alive with a tiff mower, blugeoned to death, etc etc while you are committing a crime, tough luck Chuck. Don't steal things and people won't beat you bloody. Simple.

Enticement/Entrapment.  Premediated, even posted in the Internet.

Remember,  you said "Had I been there, DB woulda gotten the business end of a gun in his face "
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Enticement/Entrapment.  Premediated, even posted in the Internet.

Remember,  you said "Had I been there, DB woulda gotten the business end of a gun in his face "

ETA: what is your plan for dealing with someone breaking in to your home? Are you going to hand him some fuzzy bunny slippers and make him a mixed drink while you load your shit into his vehicle? WTF? Never mind if you were at your parent's house and a known bad actor (did you read the original post?) tried to let himself in.....

Yes. To persuade him to stick around till the police got there to discuss with him his warrants and intentions. him to let me help him load the things he wants into my his car (might as well hand that over too, god forbid someone get butthurt that I didn't help the poor junkie)

Unless you think that there is something wrong with protecting family?

If he wants something from that house, sooner or later he WILL be back to try for it. Might as well be on our terms and not his. I never said I was gonna shoot anyone. But 2 junkies looking for a fix vs one individual is cause for alarm and any advantage you can get. Unless you think bait cars are entrapping "Innocent Disadvantaged Undocumented Vehicle Owners-to-be".

GT
Are you busting my balls with the intent of being a dick, or is it accidental?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#22]
A real junkie ALWAYS comes back. The power of the drug is too much to resist and the common sense goes out the window.

He'll be back when he needs cash.

Be prepared.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#23]
The best was when my husband thought something
was wrong - didn't feel right homelinens, etc..  Just he, his weapon, and two fairly large
safes.  Lo and behold, the moving idiots thought
they could break in (break the safe open heckedlock and decided to hop in later.  To their amazement
the jumped in through the window to find a lazer pointed
at them.  They ran in the opposite direction - FAST -
police were called in and found them in the
neighborhood.  It was sweet.  

The important lesson - Always Be Prepared  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Attach one of these to the doggy door...

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#25]
It is unfortunate, but as the old saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished." Years ago a liberal Congressman in Wash DC felt sorry for some gang members, he hired them on as staff in his office. The ended up raping one of his aides.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Time to move. That scum bag will be back.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It is unfortunate, but as the old saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished." Years ago a liberal Congressman in Wash DC felt sorry for some gang members, he hired them on as staff in his office. The ended up raping one of his aides.

That probably only advanced their political careers. Worked for Clinton.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Time to move. That scum bag will be back.

My folks love their house and ain't going anywhere. Why would you turn and run away from that?

Seriously, you can't run away everytime there is something fucked up happening. You take what precautions you can, and if you get the chance you hold the fucker at gunpoint until the police arrive. My parent's live in the beat patrolled by one of my good friends, and she is going to make it a point to swing by their place when she can. Just to make a little show that the police are watching.

GT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Attach one of these to the doggy door...

www.uniquevents.com/categories/Medieval/images/guillotine_addams_family_jpg.jpg

I like it, but don't you think Rover would get a little nervous?

CW
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, dude - see your own post above

www.a-human-right.com

KICK ASS website.

thank you .

didnt notice that
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mesa. Gilbert and Brown area. Not a bad neighborhood at all.

Hmmm..   I live in the Gilbert/University area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top