BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/15/2001 7:10:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#1]
no i keep missing the show and i hate that i do!i wish i could catch it more often ,its great!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:18:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Well welcome aboard Jim!!!!!  Sit down and stay awhile, we don't bit.............much[:)]!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice to have you with us Jim.  I'm sure that a lot of folks will have questions about the show. Now.......How [b]do[/b] I get your job???
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I just re-discovered the
show last week
and was happy to see that it was on
at the same time (1:30 PM)
on the same day (Sat) this week.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have not found a correct schedule. Fortunately I was able to catch the show. The only problem is now I am seriously considering getting into service rifle competition! I love the show, but is their a place I can find an accurate schedule?  Is it correct on the American Shooter web site?  [url]http://www.americanshooter.com/[/url]  Thanks and welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi Jim.
Its good to see you stop in.  I didn't see the show yesterday [:(], since I was out at the range.  Heard it was good though.  Stop by the Competition Forum on this site sometime.

Welcome.

Doug Kunnen    
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I keep missing it.. or when my station says that its on its not i end up with fishing...LOL
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I love the show. It is a great balance of news, demos, and some totally amazing trick shooting.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been watching the show since when it was on ESPN.

The Garand info was great but I really enjoyed the shooting tips with the handgun.

I'd appreciate any and all shooting tips segments.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By Jim Scoutten:
Don Ross has been kind enough to ask me to drop in on you folks to share some comments and questions on the shows.  He's discovered I do that, when time permits, on the 1911 forum and the Glock Talk forum. So, "Nice to meet ya."

And the question would be:  [i]Did you discover where TNN has decided to air the shows in time to catch our story on Service Rifle Competition yesterday?[/i]

Jim Scoutten
American Shooter

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I missed the show but sure wish I would have seen it. I love the show, can you post an up to date schedule?
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Jim.  I had the problem with the guide saying American Shooter and then fishing being on.  I think I now have the schedule down.  

btw: Am I the only one who greatly dislikes the new 'POP!?'
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Moderator(s): Could this get tacked?
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw the show but had to record it cause I was at A service rifle comp saturday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#17]
[b]JIM SCOUTTEN ROCKS!!!!!!!!![/b]

Dude, WELCOME!

Could y'all do a show on Gyrojets please?
Traditionial firearms are like the "Horse and Carriage"--They can only be evolved so far...

Gyrojets are like the Automobile...A complete step forward in firearms technology, and departure from the past notions...

I have one you could use....
A 13MM...

C'MON DUDE!
[url]www.sigtalk.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh yeah...

[b]WE WANT MORE MUNDEN!!!!!!!![/b]

[uzi] [flag] [flag]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Love your show.

And to answer your question no.  I'm so used to watching it on Sundays I've yet to catch it on Saturday.  I guess that's why TV invented reruns.

Continued success on a great show.

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Hi Jim,
You guys do a great job!!!
I love it. Thanks a million!
- bricklayer
[sniper]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Mr. scoutten,

love the show, I watch it when ever i can assuming my cable company dose not do a little time slot roulette.

But could you please give that archery guy the pink slip and give us more of Mr. munden. Its a firearm show after all.

This is just a thought, but how about a show on the machine gun shoot at knob creek?
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#24]
WOW!...Welcome and a big Thank You for coming to our site.mmk
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Hi Jim,
Your show is great and I enjoy watching it.
Is there any chance it could be more accesible?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Great show!!

Just got home in time to catch it yesterday at 1:30 pm.  I ran home from the club where we are building a new 350 yard range ( YEEE HAAAA).

I was coming to get changed for a wedding when I remembered to check if the show was on or not......its a good thing that the wedding was delayed a little or I would have been late!!!  But hey you know PRIORITIES!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#28]
And the question would be:  [i]Did you discover where TNN has decided to air the shows in time to catch our story on Service Rifle Competition yesterday?[/i]
View Quote

Welcome Jim,

Yes, I caught American Shooter yesterday.  Excellent show.  Like [i]DVD Tracker[/i], I too have a recording system that automatically records your show regardless of when it's on.

Thank you for doing such a great job.  I'm particularity interested in the series of lessons by Rob Leatham in the upcoming shows.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[B][BLUE]NRA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.nra.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]GOA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.gunowners.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAF Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.saf.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAS Supporter[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.sas-aim.org[/URL]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Welcome aboard Jim,

For years I thought about getting into service rifle competition, but I always put it off.  Then I saw your show on Camp Perry 2000 and that did the trick.  I started this season and absolutely love it.  My wife shoots smallbore and said she wants to try it too.  I never imagined I would be doing as well this early as I am.  My scores are in the 440s on 50 round NMCs and I think I'll make 'Expert' by the end of the year.

Thanks for putting me over the fence.

To answer your question:  Like a few of the others I re-discovered the show by accident last week.  On seeing the teaser on service rifle competion I set aside the time to watch the show yesterday.

Suggestion:  Having Leatham as a guest instructor is a great idea, how about the someone for highpower once in a while?  That brief segment on the first show that the Marines did on prone shooting was exactly what I have in mind.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Hi Jim and welcome from another long time viewer. I too would like to see the archery segment cut and replaced with gun related subject matter. Maybe a short segment on RKBA and the current goings on in Washington for those that watch the show but don't pay much attention to the assault we are under.
I too hope you will find this board interesting and that you will choose to "hang out" here from time to time.

Thanks for a GREAT show!!!!

Troy Gustafson
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Jim great show and glad to see you here. I do have a few request however.

How bout' adding a segment informing people of their rights and why it is important that we keep the 2nd? We have over 80 million gunowners in this country and we should start acting like one collective force. I just want you to educate the "what do you need that for" people. Explain to them the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment. That's it's not about "hunting" and "sport shooting", it's about freedom and tyranny.

How bout' adding a segment, like right before a commercial (like a little blip) going over REAL gun stats. Showing the truth! How a huge majority of the gunowners in this country break no law or the like.

Some of these "before a commercial" statements could be statements our forefathers said showing how important they thought the 2nd Amendment was to a free people.

I'd also like to see more semi and full auto stuff. [:D]

Also I think you need a new host (like ME) [:D]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I caught the show on Saturday. 1:30 PM on AT& Broadband in Snohomish county NE of Seattle WA.

Excellent show, got me real interested in high power shooting.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#34]
As much as I would like to see a show tell our side of the story, I think it would be a mistake for American Shooter to go political in the form of editorial comments.  I think the show should continue to plug the NRA and help get new shooters involved in the sport.  Perhaps the show could 'spread the word' in the form of interviews with, say, Wayne LaPierre.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Hi Jim

You have the best gun show on TV. Keep up the good work!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#37]
wow, i bet all would agree, it would be pretty cool if mr. Scoutten would maybe mention some of the great online orginazations fighting for americias gun rights ( WINK WINK )
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Hi Jim!  

Love the show!  I caught it yesterday and really enjoyed the piece on Service Rifle Competition.  Thanks for dropping by and keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Mr. Scoutten..Welcome aboard!!

I did see Saturday's American Shooter and I always enjoy the shows like this one with service rifle competitions being enjoyed by father and son. It shows the importance of the sport and how fun it can be when practiced responsibly and safely.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#41]
But the short answer is: "We don't talk about it, we show it."

Jim Scoutten

View Quote

That's why I love the Show.
Welcome aboard Jim. It's nice to see you here.
Thank you for replying to my emails.
And Keep up the Good work spreading the word about us "Good People".

Say, Have you taken a look at the AR15.com
Limited Edition Group Purchase
Rock River Arms M4 style Tactical Rifle?
It's a beauty. [;)]
Also another very inovative unit is the Cavalry Arms Cav15 Polymer 1 piece lower Receiver\stock assy.

Both are worthy of your inspection sir.

Again, thanks for stopping by. You have many fans here.

Del [:)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Jim,

This it tooooo cool having you drop by.  I can vividly hear your voice as I read your posts. Keep up the good fight.

Joe

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Welcome to AR15.com, Jim! [beer]

I missed the show as I was shooting a match! [sniper]
When is the re-run on? Is the show rebroadcast late at night or at any other times? I forgot to tape it, so I could see some of my Oak Ridge friends. I love that range. Did you get some pizza at Big Ed's? If not you missed half the story....

Going to Camp Perry? How 'bout a segment on RATTLE BATTLE! Yeah, I'm talking National Infantry Team Trophy competition, Saturday August 4! The most fun you can have with an AR15 (with your clothes on [:D])! Civvie teams squaring off against the best of the military!

And check out the Junior teams! Fresh-faced teenagers drilling X's with AR15s! Oh my GOD, call Sarah Brady! The humanity... [BD]

Thanks for the show JIM!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Hello Jim,

Nice to have you.

I'll second a show or two on the CMP program. That would really be interesting. Also it would great to see Bob Munden do more work with automatic pistols. I've seen him work a Browning Hi-power and it was simply awesome.

Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey Jim, welcome aboard!!

Like everyone else here I love the show, just wish it was a 60 min. show instead of a 30. [:D][:D][:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Great to have you here Jim. Love the shows (A/S and C&D TV). Thanks for taking the time to help us out.

Don,
Thats some nice work you did!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#48]
I have been missing the show because I don't know when it is on.  Ever since TNN became The National Network, it seem some of my favorite shows got lost in the shuffle.  I will make every effort to find the times it is on and watch.  Television needs more shows like yours.  It show the positive sides and rich history of firearms.

P.S. I an green with envy every time I see you shooting a gun or testing a car.  Are you hiring? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Jim,

Welcome aboard.  I wanted to let you know that you are welcome back to my home club at Oak Ridge anytime.  You should bring the folks back in June to our NRA Regional match.  High class service rifle shooters from all over the USA arrive for a w/e of serious competiiton.  Thanks for a great show on the aspects of SR rifle competition.

Sincerely,

Nelson
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As much as I would like to see a show tell our side of the story, I think it would be a mistake for American Shooter to go political in the form of editorial comments.
View Quote

The show is ALREADY political. It's about a freedom politicians are trying to take away from us, how much more political can you get? [;D]

"We don't talk about it, we show it."
View Quote

Showing the "what do you need that for" crowd an AR type rifle and actaully explaining to them why should be able to have such firearms are two diffrent stories.

I going to try to not say anything more about this as I want Mr. Scoutten to feel welcome here and you are. It's just that he asked for suggestions and I gave it.

I will settle for a short Pro-2nd Amend. quote from a Forefather before every commercial break [:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top