Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2001 6:02:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never actually sat down and done a detailed analysis of shootings vis-a-vis anti-freedom legislation in Congress, but I do know that nearly every time in the past 10 years there's been an anti-freedom bill being debated or voted on, some kind of act of violence has taken place.

As far as legislation being introduced immediately after a shooting, that's simply because all the anti-freedom Congressmen have libraries of legislation they've drafted up ahead of time just for these instances. It's very rare for a Congressman to be unprepared to advance his cause at all times, and drafting a bill isn't something you can just do on demand, even with an army of staffers.

Now, WRT your topic header, the antis don't need a new shooting to renew their attacks - they're ALWAYS on the offensive, it's just that when there's a shooting they get a little more mdeia time. Conversely, if shootings decline in numbers, they'll step up their attacks even more, because they're convinced their efforts are having an effect.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Death to tyrants and their cohorts!
TYRANNOCTUNUS
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I would be curious to know if he has a criminal background.

Also, seems like I heard something about a shooting at a Home Depot in Atlanta yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
What is scary, is right now when there is a shooting, it supports the anti's that they need to ban our guns 'cuz they are bad.

If they ever ban guns, when there is a shooting (since there WILL be MANY more of them) it will be ammo for us to get our right to defend ourselves back.  (Of course, once you lose it, it is gone forever!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top