Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/23/2005 9:07:57 AM EDT
First let me qualify this report by saying it came from World Net Daily. A news outlet I usualy find Suspect at best. However, because this incident is reported to have occured, just up the road from me, in my home state...any other information or news sources verifying or regarding this incident would be very helpful.

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Three men described as Middle Eastern-looking were seen aiming a rocket launcher at a low-flying B-1 Bomber near Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma.

Air Force security pursued the suspects, who got away, but left behind their rocket launcher, according to a July 14 Air Force staff directive obtained by WND.

The three suspects were observed outside the perimeter of the air base, looking through binoculars and aiming the weapon at chest level, according to the report.

The FBI and Air Force security are investigating the incident, which suggests a threat to military and commercial flights within the U.S. from rocket launchers – or MNAPADS, Man-Portable Air Defense Systems, as they are called.

Oh yeah....HOLY SHIT
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Well it was reported that back in 1994 members of a certain terrorist group we all know and love had smuggled in some stingers and the russian or chineese counterparts through the souther border. Reports showed up around 1999 as well of other incidents where thigns were supossedly smuggled in. After the 1994 incidents the clinton administration had the FAA warm the airlines about this. It's showed up in other places besides WND. At least stories aobut the warning by the FAA. The smuggleing stories also showed up in  a couple other places besides WND. I wouldn't doubt it's possible that it could have happened, but if it did, than why have they not been used yet is my only question. Kind of an if AQ had a nuke, they would have used it by now type thing in my eyes. It's possible, but a little out there to believe it is true.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't think that the "tangos" would mess with a military jet. They would risk it  for a commercial flight full of targets. So, I really doubt this story.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wouldn't think that the "tangos" would mess with a military jet. They would risk it  for a commercial flight full of targets. So, I really doubt this story.

You would also have non-stop media coverage complete with talking heads, and a blizzard of police/FBI intel bulletins.  I haven't seen either.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would also have non-stop media coverage complete with talking heads, and a blizzard of police/FBI intel bulletins.  I haven't seen either.

Don't forget all the media outlets blaming Bush and his Supreme Court nomination as the root cause.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
As far as I can track the story down....WND seems to have gotten it from Roger Charles over at "Soldiers for the Truth" SFTT...David Hackworth's old site....they ran it like back on the 18th and claim to have the Airforce directive related to this incident in hand.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]

if they were to bring down i few commercial jets on different occasions, i really cant imagine what the impact on the economy or air travel would be. might even be more damaging then the trade centers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go back and look at all the buzz around TWA flight 800. At the time there was a huge buzz about this, the IRanian government suposedly said around that time that they knew for a fact that stingers had been smuggled into the USA.

"Senior Iranian sources close  to  the  fundamentalist  regime  in

Tehran  claimed  this  weekend  that TWA flight 800 was shot down last

month by one of three shoulder-fired Stingers  of  the  type  used  by

Islamic guerrillas during the Afghanistan war."

-from the Times of London,  August 25th, 1996

Terrorists 'smuggled missiles to America'

AMERICAN officials are investigating reports that Islamic terrorists have smuggled Stinger ground-to-air missiles into the United States from Pakistan.
Senior Iranian sources close to the fundamentalist regime in Tehran claimed this weekend that TWA flight 800 was shot down last month by one of three shoulder-fired Stingers of the type used by Islamic guerrillas during the Afghanistan war.

The sources said the missiles arrived in America seven months ago after being shipped from Karachi via Rotterdam and on to the Canadian port of Halifax. They claimed an Egyptian fundamentalist group backed by Iran was responsible for smuggling the weapons across the Canadian border into the United States.

The group, the Gama'a al-Islamiya, comprises followers of Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman, a blind Egyptian cleric jailed in the United States over the 1993 New York World Trade Centre bombing. It has been waging a war to overthrow the government of President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt and has been held responsible for a number of attacks on tourists since 1992, including the murder of 17 Europeans last April.

A senior White House official responsible for counter-terrorism told The Sunday Times this weekend that he had seen a report that a Stinger missile had been smuggled into the United States from Pakistan. The official, who is involved in collating intelligence relating to the TWA inquiry for the White House, said investigators were aware of reports that Stingers may have been smuggled into the country.

"It is plausible," he said. "We have not come to any final conclusions. If a Stinger was the cause of this, our first theory would be that it came from Afghanistan."

According to the Iranian report, the Stingers smuggled into America were bought by Iran from Afghan guerrillas. However, the American official emphasised that the possibility that a missile had destroyed the TWA jet was not the administration's leading theory.

The FBI confirmed last week that traces of explosive had been found on debris linked to the inside of the jet, indicating that an explosive device had detonated in the passenger cabin. But investigators have insufficient evidence to determine whether the device was a bomb or a missile warhead.

The official was commenting on reports from Tehran that claimed several groups funded by the religious authorities in Iran are active in the United States. The reports claim one previously unknown underground group called Falakh may have as many as 50 highly trained terrorists in the country.

The missile theory, although not ruled out, has been treated sceptically by many investigators who are convinced that a terrorist bomb smuggled on to the jet caused the crash which destroyed the Boeing 747, killing all 230 people on board.

A computer simulation by the US army concluded it was a "possibility", but not likely, that a Stinger fired from a boat could have reached the plane.

From the Sunday Times, August 25 1996

Something a little newer.

USA Today January 16, 2003

Missiles seen as growing menace to airliners

In-Depth Coverage By Tom Squitieri

WASHINGTON -- U.S. officials are increasingly worried that terrorists will use shoulder-fired, heat-seeking missiles to shoot down one or more U.S. airliners. The concern comes in part because such attacks would be so devastating, but also because intelligence information suggests terrorists are making those attacks a priority.

Intelligence officials and terrorism experts say intercepted communications and the interrogation of captured terrorists indicate that airliner attacks are among the "high value" attacks under active consideration by al-Qaeda and its successor groups.

In response, the Transportation Security Administration is assessing the threat at the 82 largest airports in the USA to increase security in the most vulnerable areas.

"There is no quick fix to eliminate the threat," Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge said in a letter to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. "A host of additional actions are underway which cumulatively will make air travel more secure."

The missile threat has prompted the Defense Department to accelerate efforts to develop safeguards that could help protect airliners. And White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said Wednesday that the National Security Council, the White House Office of Homeland Security, the FBI and transportation safety agencies are part of a task force assessing the threat. "There have already been steps taken" that are confidential for security reasons, he said, and more plans are in the works.

Heat-seeking missiles are inexpensive, relatively easy to obtain on the black market and extremely dangerous. Afghan rebels used U.S.-supplied Stinger missiles to destroy Soviet jets and attack helicopters in the 1980s. Terrorists have recently tried to use older, Soviet-made SA-7 shoulder-fired missiles to bring down U.S. military aircraft in Saudi Arabia and an Israeli airliner in Kenya. Those attempts failed, but experts say success could just be a matter of time.

Officials worry that terrorists could target U.S. airports, many of which are surrounded by neighborhoods or other areas where terrorists could hide and attack jets as they land or take off. Jets that routinely cruise at 500 mph or faster fly much more slowly near the ground. A Boeing 737 typically flies its landing approach at 150-160 mph, for example. Even the slower shoulder-fired missiles can fly almost 1,000 mph, more than fast enough to overtake a jet.

"We know that we are vulnerable to that, and the question is, what do we do about it now?" said Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, the ranking Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

A heat-seeking missile operates much like a point-and-shoot camera. The operator aims at a plane's engines, which are heat sources, "locks on" the target for about six seconds, and fires.

The missile has an infrared sensor that "sees" the aircraft's heat plume; a computer navigational system guides the weapon to an engine. A commercial pilot would almost never see a missile coming and could generally react only after the missile hit an engine or exploded nearby.

There are an estimated 500,000 shoulder-fired, heat-seeking missiles in the world, officials say. Though most remain in government hands, many have leaked out onto the black market and into the hands of terrorist groups.

"This is a very tenacious threat," said Steve Luckey, chairman of the national security committee of the Air Line Pilots Association, the largest pilots union. "We've got 5,000 to 10,000 (missiles) loose out there. They are very affordable and easy to get into the country."

Last May, the FBI warned airlines that terrorists may have smuggled surface-to-air missiles into the USA. Also in May, Saudi authorities found the remains of an SA-7 missile-launching tube near Prince Sultan Air Base, which is used by U.S. aircraft.

The concerns intensified in November. Early that month, several men reportedly linked to al-Qaeda were arrested in Hong Kong trying to exchange heroin and hashish for Stinger missiles. Then on Nov. 28, two missiles were fired in a failed attack on an Arkia-Israeli Airlines Boeing 757 as it took off from Mombasa, Kenya.

The serial number on a Soviet-made missile-launcher tube discovered near the Mombasa airport was similar to that on the scorched SA-7 tube found near the Prince Sultan base in May. The sequence of the numbers suggests they may have been bought from the same source and were almost certainly produced at the same facility, a military source says.

In December, officials from several federal agencies, including the Defense Department, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Transportation and the State Department, held three days of meetings to explore the threat and discuss ways to protect commercial airlines from attack.

Many major U.S. airports are in urban areas, where rooftops and building windows provide locations for firing at airplanes. Some airports are along highways with areas for aviation enthusiasts to watch takeoffs and landings. Still others, such as New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, are in marsh areas or have woods that could shield terrorists. Some are along waterways, where boats are routinely anchored.

"We have not received a great deal of information from government authorities about the exact nature of the threat," said Stephen Van Beek, senior vice president for policy at the Airports Council International-North America. "For example, how far away would one have to be (to shoot down a plane)? Is it from zero to 3,000 feet or is it from zero to 30,000 feet? We haven't gotten that piece."

Despite the threat, only Boston's Logan International Airport has made security changes around its airport perimeter, officials said. Concerned that terrorists could infiltrate the clammers who work on the beaches around the airport, officials cleared the clammers with background checks and then issued them ID cards to wear while working near the airport.

Airport officials are responsible for security on their grounds, which can range from the 700 acres at New York's LaGuardia Airport to the 40,000 acres at Denver International. Beyond the airport fence, security becomes someone else's responsibility.

U.S airline representatives were briefed about a missile threat and other dangers during a meeting Nov. 5 at FAA headquarters in Washington. That meeting was followed a few days later by a public FBI warning that al-Qaeda terrorists were planning "spectacular attacks" on such targets as the airline industry and nuclear power plants.

Last August, the Defense Department awarded a contract to install sophisticated equipment in four Air Force C-17 cargo jets to thwart attacks from portable heat-seeking missiles. The cost amounts to almost $ 6 million per plane, but the cost to install anti-missile equipment on commercial jets is estimated to be about $ 2 million and $ 3 million per airplane.

Cash-strapped airlines are loath to pay that much. There are roughly 5,000 commercial aircraft owned by U.S. carriers and 10,000 more in the rest of the world. Airline representatives say they are waiting for federal guidance.

"We acknowledged a threat has existed for many, many years, along with a variety of other threats," said Michael Wascom, a spokesman for the Air Transport Association, the airlines' trade group. But he said it would be "improper" for the airlines to take unilateral action.

"We are not refusing to do anything and not ruling anything out. But they (the government) are in charge of defending all of us. They will let us know what we should do and what we shouldn't do," Wascom said. "Why do we have an Air Force?"

link to a CBS story from 03
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#8]
The story is true.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The story is true.

And you know this is true because why? How?? Got something to back that statment up??? Pics perhaps?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#10]
If it were true they would have fired the rocket.

If it were true, the AF would never release the info, especially to WND.

Its the same type of news source that said 400 died in Hrricane Charley and thousands in Andrew. 100% of the crap these folks put out is 100% made up BS. All the conspiracy nutjobs make up stuff all the time because they are pathetic miserable folks who are not happy with reality. I know because I use to get into the conspiracy stuff, but once I took a look into the mindset behind it all, I was laughing at idiocy all the time. HEck just to prove my point I made up some crap and weeks later I heard it related back to me as if it were true. They even went as far as to tel me they saw it with their own eyes, some said a "good friend" saw it. I told them that there were some Russian BTR-60's manuevering in the Everglades and some were in a hangar being painted white with UN markings. I am serious. People actually related the story back to me as if it were true. They had no clue I made it up and the folks I worked with were laughing eveytime a conspiracy fruitcake related the story to them.

I am not saying you are that type or beleive it. I do know what its like to have some conspiracy internet crap reported about something near your home. One cant help to keep an eye on it "just in case" Nothing wrong with that at all. There was a "detention center" being built by me. It ended up being a middle school ,or thats what I am supposed to think. LOL
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#11]
If this is not BS, why hasn't been on CNN?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#12]
The guys who at Anomolies and NEIN are toting it as true.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Wildboar

Unless of course, the terrorists are as good at maintaining their rocket launchers, as they are at mixing acetone/peroxide back pack bombs.

As for why it would not be on CNN....Well, I've seen a number of stories that CNN did'nt pick up on, that I thought were pretty important. News stories slip though the cracks all the time. Often because they are first published on out of the way web sites like "Soldiers for the Truth" of tin foil factories, like WND. or because the big national news organs either can verify the source quickly and are waiting for more info to emerge.

Remember how long it took, for info regarding John Kerry's military service in Vietnam to fully come out and that in the beginning, the Swift Boat Vets were treated as Cranks by most of the National Media.

That, and the fact, I would'nt doubt for a second doubt, the fact, that if the FBI was sitting on a terrorist rocket launcher recovered, just outside an Airforce base, here in the CONUS.... It's not information they'd be in a hurry to release, in the current state of world affairs, for fear of starting a panic, which would keep people from getting on airliners, or simply because they think they could more quickly track down the subjects involved without a media panic.

Sometimes however these stories bubble to the surface. no matter how tightly they'd like to keep the lid on it.  So I'm not totaly sure this story can be discounted quite so quickly

You have to remember that not everybody in Al Qaeda is a super sophisticated Carlos the Jackle....just before 9-11 they had guys in airline pilot schools who only wanted to learn how to take the plane off, but were not to intrested in learning how to land!. So it woundn't suprise me to much, to learn that they'd fucked up a MANPAD launch.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wildboar

Unless of course, the terrorists are as good at maintaining their rocket launchers, as they are at mixing acetone/peroxide back pack bombs.

As for why it would not be on CNN....Well, I've seen a number of stories that CNN did'nt pick up on, that I thought were pretty important. News stories slip though the cracks all the time. Often because they are first published on out of the way web sites like "Soldiers for the Truth" of tin foil factories, like WND. or because the big national news organs either can verify the source quickly and are waiting for more info to emerge.

Remember how long it took, for info regarding John Kerry's military service in Vietnam to fully come out and that in the beginning, the Swift Boat Vets were treated as Cranks by most of the National Media.

That, and the fact, I would'nt doubt for a second doubt, the fact, that if the FBI was sitting on a terrorist rocket launcher recovered, just outside an Airforce base, here in the CONUS.... It's not information they'd be in a hurry to release, in the current state of world affairs, for fear of starting a panic, which would keep people from getting on airliners, or simply because they think they could more quickly track down the subjects involved without a media panic.

Sometimes however these stories bubble to the surface. no matter how tightly they'd like to keep the lid on it.  So I'm not totaly sure this story can be discounted quite so quickly

You have to remember that not everybody in Al Qaeda is a super sophisticated Carlos the Jackle....just before 9-11 they had guys in airline pilot schools who only wanted to learn how to take the plane off, but were not to intrested in learning how to land!. So it woundn't suprise me to much, to learn that they'd fucked up a MANPAD launch.

There are other reasons why it might not have lauched too. I've ben looking around and found this artical by a soviet military guy who fought in Astan and he mentioned that they found that sometimes if you get your lock and you don't fire within a min the battery pack would die and you'd have to change it. This was suposedly a problem with the older stingers. So maybe they tried to shoot it down and the thing malfunctioned......

I'll see if I can find the artical again.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I trust Blatherman since he is a B-1B flyer type.

Second, at least part of the story is bullshit, the USAF does not issue "directives" for "news stories".
A USAF "directive" directs (funny how that works) that some one or something must be accomplished.
The USAF directive that prohibited USAF personnel based in Britain from venturing inside the M25 after the first London bombings for instance......

Quoted:

Quoted:
The story is true.

And you know this is true because why? How?? Got something to back that statment up??? Pics perhaps?

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Let me be the first to say.....

world net daily is OTL
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#19]
It was Karl Rove in a burkha.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag for verifyable source conformation.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#21]
This is why some security forces are trained as snipers.  Its usually a long shot from the perimeter fence to the flight line.

If it were true they would have probably just shot them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Sounds to me, if it's true, that it might have been an anti-terrorism exercise that someone who wasn't briefed saw.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#23]
---this here is tagged---
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#24]
We got word of this the night it happened. Frankly I was shocked to see the thread, thinking it was all still 'Law Enforcement Channels Only'. Of course there's other stuff not in that article I'm not going to divulge.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I trust Blatherman since he is a B-1B flyer type.

Second, at leat part of the story is bullshit, the USAF does not issue "directives" for "news stories".
A USAF "directive" directs (funny how that works) that some one or something must be accomplished.
The USAF directive that prohibited USAF personnel based in Britain from venturing inside the M25 after the first London bombings for instance......

Quoted:

Quoted:
The story is true.

Sounds good to me. It helps a bit when you know the credentials of somone saying something, and since you provided those(in a way) cool. Somone else contacted me in regards to this as well and I am more than willing to believe it is true. Looks like things could get interesting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#27]
When does hunting season open up?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#28]
No hunting season or size limits or even weapons limits are in force for hunting terrorists.

Quoted:
When does hunting season open up?

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#29]

2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Air Force security pursued the suspects, who got away, but left behind their rocket launcher, according to a July 14 Air Force staff directive obtained by WND.

This sentance alone tells me this story is BS.The Air Force SEEN THEM but they got away ? What did they get away in , a hyper- lightspeed UFO ? Or did the AF guys decide that thier upcomming coffee and donut break was more important that catching someone aiming a rocket at a plane ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#30]

The three individuals were described as being of Middle Eastern decent and left the area when approached.

They don't have machine guns and helicopters to stop them from "leaving the area"

Sorry, I call too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#31]

07-15-2005

ALERT: Danger to US Commercial & Military Aircraft in CONUS

By Roger Charles

The following "REAL WORLD" notice was just received from an SFTT supporter. The full notice is a 2-page document posted below. The danger to US commercial & military aircraft in CONUS appears to be very real.

TEAM TINKER BATTLE STAFF DIRECTIVE (BSD)  BSD # 41

DTG    140825L Jul 05L                   OPR: All                               SUSPENSE: Upon receipt

SUBJECT:  BSD# 40 Amendment

SITUATION:  On 14 Jul 05, three individuals were observed outside of the perimeter of Tinker AFB, OK.  They were looking through binoculars, taking pictures and one appeared to be holding a large weapon at chest level.  The weapon appeared to be aimed towards a low flying aircraft.  The three individuals were described as being of Middle Eastern decent and left the area when approached. The weapon was later identified as a rocket launcher (MANPAD) and the low flying aircraft to be a B-1 Bomber.  FBI in Oklahoma City and AFOSI determined the threat to be credible.  Due to this and other recent incidents and security concerns surrounding Tinker AFB, OK, the potential for suspicious activity in the Tinker AFB (TAFB) Area of Responsibility (AOR) has increased.  While there is no specific threat information directed towards the TAFB AOR, it is imperative that all personnel remember their responsibilities to report any and all suspicious activity they observe.

MISSION:  The Eagle Eyes (EE) program is the USAF mechanism for early detection of criminal and terrorist threats.  All personnel stationed at TAFB must be reminded about the EE program and reporting criteria.

TASK:

1.  Personnel must remain vigilant during their daily activities; take note of any abnormal activities/personnel and immediately up-channel EE reportable criteria as listed below.

2.  UCC’s will keep EE criteria accessible as a reference to facilitate rapid communication with law enforcement personnel as needed.   The following information must be communicated to TAFB personnel as soon as possible:

TAFB personnel are reminded to keep a look out for any of the following suspicious behaviors:

SURVEILLANCE: Someone recording or monitoring activities, including the use of cameras (both still and video), note taking, drawing diagrams, writing on maps, or using binoculars or any other vision-enhancing devices.

ELICITATION: Anyone or any organization attempting to gain information by mail, fax, telephone, or in person about military operations or people.

TESTS OF SECURITY: Any attempts to measure reaction times to security breaches or to penetrate physical security barriers or procedures.

ACQUIRING SUPPLIES: Purchasing or stealing explosives, weapons, ammunition, uniforms, decals, flight manuals, passes or badges (or equipment to manufacture them) or any other controlled items.

SUSPICIOUS PERSONS OUT OF PLACE: People who don’t seem to belong in the workplace, neighborhood, business establishments, or anywhere else.  This also includes suspicious individuals outside TAFB’s perimeter fence, those stopped along any adjacent roads, such as Hwy 193, Riverdale Road, I-84 and I-15.  Pay particular attention to individuals who appear to be out of place either on or off the installation

DRY RUN: Putting people into position and moving them about without actually committing a terrorist act such as a kidnapping or bombing. An element of this activity could also include mapping out routes and determining the timing of traffic lights and flow.

DEPLOYING ASSETS: People and supplies getting into position to commit the act.  This is the last opportunity to alert authorities before terrorism occurs.

REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS;  UCC report acknowledgement of this tasking to your Battlestaff Rep.  Immediately report suspicious incidents to the LE desk at 801-777-3056.

UCC REQUIREMENT:  Ensure this information reaches all levels within your unit.  Contact your Battlestaff representative to confirm receipt and compliance in notifying all personnel.

BSD APPROVED BY:  Battlestaff Mission Director.

ALERT: Danger to US Commercial & Military Aircraft in CONUS "

Ok...First of all, let me state, that this came from an open source, availible to anybody with an internet connection.

While anybody familiar with military document's, could have written this....I'm starting to lean twards the idea, this is for real.

The reason for my concern should be obvious. I live in Stillwater Oklahoma. A large university town (OSU), less than an hour away from Tinker AFB, strait up I-35.

Oklahoma City and Norman (OU) both have sizable muslim populations as well, but it occure's to me, that most of the London Bombers, lived in Muslim Communities outside, but within easy driving range of LONDON and that living in smaller muslim communities outside the primary target area, may be Al Qaeda doctrine.

College towns like Stillwater, are the only places outside the OKC and Tulsa Metro areas, in Oklahoma, that  a terrorist of Middle Eastern decent, could fade into a community of  people that looked like them. So in other words...Stillwater would be a great place for a cell aimed at Oklahoma City to hide

I'm not standing outside screaming "LOCK-N-LOAD MOTHERFUCKERS"...but I do want to know more about this deal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Strange how the phone number listed is for the 75th Security Forces Control Center (DSN 777-3056 or commercial at 801-777-3056) which is located at HILL AIR FORCE BASE!! and not the Tinker AFB 72nd Security Forces which is located at Tinker Air Foce Base.

TEAM TINKER BATTLE STAFF DIRECTIVE (BSD)  BSD # 41

<snip>

REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS;  UCC report acknowledgement of this tasking to your Battlestaff Rep.  Immediately report suspicious incidents to the LE desk at 801-777-3056.

<snip>

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Battle Staff Directive (BSD)—Directives issued from wing leadership. BSDs typically contain guidance on knock/chemical codes, MOPP procedures, operating requirements, duress words, etc.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Remember!!!

All Your Tinker Are Belong Us!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If it were true, the AF would never release the info, especially to WND.

Nobody said that the USAF released it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Strange how the phone number listed is for the 75th Security Forces Control Center (DSN 777-3056 or commercial at 801-777-3056) which is located at HILL AIR FORCE BASE!! and not the Tinker AFB 72nd Security Forces which is located at Tinker Air Foce Base.

Not that strange really. Tinker and Hill are both Air Longistics Command hubs. It's possible that the report went up the chain from Tinker to Hill and that the TALON was issued back down the chain  to Tinker from Hill.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#37]
OK, strange how the road, highway and freeway references are from HILL AFB and not Tinker.
I was stationed at Tinker AFB for almost 3 years with the Navy, I have "some" inside info and this memo did not come from Tinker AFB no matter how much anyone wants to believe it did.

Based on what Blatherman posted I have no doubt this happened.

Quoted:

Not that strange really. Tinker and Hill are both Air Longistics Command hubs. It's possible that the report went up the chain from Tinker to Hill and that the TALON was issued back down the chain  to Tinker from Hill.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Possibly, what we are seeing, is the security directive for Hill AFB...that was issued because of the Tinker AFB Incident.

These security directives may have been issued at all major Airforce bases nationwide...the one that was leaked to SFTT, may just have come from Hill, instead of Tinker where the incident actually occured.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't buy it.
The "directive" comes from the battlestaff at Tinker.
Yet the info is for Hill AFB.

Again, I think this "directive" is bullshit, however, my opinion is that this incident happened.

Quoted:
Possibly, what we are seeing, is the security directive for Hill AFB...that was issued because of the Tinker AFB Incident.

These security directives may have been issued at all major Airforce bases nationwide...the one that was leaked to SFTT, may just have come from Hill, instead of Tinker where the incident actually occured.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Again, I think this "directive" is bullshit, however, my opinion is that this incident happened.

Please explain(in your opinion of course) the course of events.

They were looking through binoculars, taking pictures and one appeared to be holding a large weapon at chest level. The weapon appeared to be aimed towards a low flying aircraft.

Ok,so they were observed aiming a weapon towards a low flying aircraft.Let's just say for the sake of argument this action didn't raise any "let's call for backup" or "we better cancel our tennis lessons" scenarios.

The three individuals were described as being of Middle Eastern decent and left the area when approached.

Who approached them ?

FBI in Oklahoma City and AFOSI determined the threat to be credible.

What threat ?This one or the possibility that something like this might happen ?

This report is BS.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I don't buy it.
The "directive" comes from the battlestaff at Tinker.
Yet the info is for Hill AFB.

Quoted:

I think someone got ahold of an actual HAFB Directive and hacked it (poorly) to look like it's a TAFB directive.

HTF does one get close enough to determine a subject is of "Middle Eastern descent" yet remain unable to apprehend the subject? And you know, sTinker ain't exactly in downtown NYC, ferChissakes. While I find it easy to believe something happened in the vicinity of Tinker on or about the date indicated, the details remain suspect.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Tinker has urban areas that surround more than half of the base.

Quoted:
And you know, sTinker ain't exactly in downtown NYC, ferChissakes. While I find it easy to believe something happened in the vicinity of Tinker on or about the date indicated, the details remain suspect.

Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#43]
SO did this happen at Tinker AFB or Hill AFB?  I'm confused now
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#44]
DzlBenz

HTF does one get close enough to determine a subject is of "Middle Eastern descent" yet remain unable to apprehend the subject? And you know, sTinker ain't exactly in downtown NYC, ferChissakes. While I find it easy to believe something happened in the vicinity of Tinker on or about the date indicated, the details remain suspect.

Actually...Tinker is surrounded by large highways and every sort of  urban and residential terrain Imaginable.

It's also surrounded by a pretty good fence in most places.

If the Air Police  were on a service road inside the fence, when they observed the subjects. The subjects, may well have had time to pile back into their vehical, and hit the nearest thoughfair out of the area, before the Air Police could drive down the fence, far enough to find a gate, leading directly off base and on to the route, the subjects drove away on.

Likewise, unless there was a OHP or OKCPD cruiser sitting in just the right spot to intercept the subjects, they very likely would have just disappeared into the highway system, like the "D.C. Sniper's".
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Tinker has urban areas that surround more than half of the base.
www.vaq34.com/junk/aatinker_afb_02_04_05.jpg

OMIGOSH!!! I Can't believe you posted that aerial photo!!!!11  DOn't you know that you just gave the terrorists ideas?!?!?!111

</sarcasm>
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The story is true.

He was the one holding the rocket. He was planning on shooting a payload of paint designed to spell out "Feinstein sucks" on her private plane and got a little lost.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Is this even true? WHy post some BS story?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#48]
BigB

Well BigB....We'er trying to determine if it's true or not.  Here in the world of the internet board, thats whats known as a thread discussion.

We'er deeply sorry if if our BS Story, has distracted you, in any way, from much more important threads, like "HOW TO KILL A SWAT TEAM".
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
BigB

Well BigB....We'er trying to determine if it's true or not.  Here in the world of the internet board, thats whats known as a thread discussion.

We'er deeply sorry if if our BS Story has distracted you from much more important threads, like "HOW TO KILL A SWAT TEAM"

Yes I see, That site with the story is questionable and I havent seen anything else anywhere. Who knows. I wasnt asking the poster why he was posting a BS story I ment why would a news agency make something so drastic up?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top