Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2001 8:27:16 PM EDT
Hard to believe they would have a banner ad on this site they way they always go down in flames. No, I must have been hallucinating.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Mass hallucination--I saw it too!!

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I need to start using spellcheck as i think I spell as bad as the guy from RGuns does.  Maybe I've just read to many of his posts and I'm getting brainwashed, next thing you know I'll be ordering from them.....I hope not!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
RGuns now own this site. In addition to all items bought on the equipment exchange being subjected to a 20% "restocking fee", we all must write our posts RGuns style: "we good bisnes, you bad man. I no hide behind cumputr, you suk. buy r mags, we luv you long time." [:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL!! theres the banner add at the bottom of this thread hahah. Shhh don't bash the sponsor. Bad for the site... Shhhhhh
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I's gone to putt in and oder ass soons mees fines mise monees.  Me luvs um long time toos.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It does appear to be the "evil" RGuns.net.....
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
RGuns now own this site. In addition to all items bought on the equipment exchange being subjected to a 20% "restocking fee", [:D]
View Quote
 Hell hasn't froze over yet to my knowledge.  please read last post in this thread.mmk   [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=2869&page=2[/url]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I can only go from my experience and I have dealt with them for years buying Colt uppers, ammo, mags, Sig mags etc and they have always delivered what I wanted.

Once they charged me the wrong price as the item was on sale and after a phone call my credit card was credited the amount within 48hrs.

I'm not saying the bad experiences I read around here aren't true but I want to reiterate I have never had a problem with them and will continue buying from them if they have good prices on items I want.

And no lbj is not affiliated with them in any way whatsoever. Just a satisfied customer since '96. I've prolly spent 2K at least with them over that period of time.

Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#9]
theres 2 rguns thu i dont think this is the eevil r guns
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys are being awfully reckless by not posting the full name of the web site you are bashing.
I'd hate to be the owner of Richardson's Gun Shop (rguns.com).
Seems unfair that he may get a bad name because someone was too lazy to type out.

RGUNS.[red]NET[/red]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You guys are being awfully reckless by not posting the full name of the web site you are bashing.
Seems unfair that he may get a bad name because someone was too lazy to type out.

RGUNS.[red]NET[/red]
View Quote

Go ahead and click on the banner and give them some traffic.  It's RGuns.net.  It's in Illinois, and they are frequent posters here.

RGuns.com - Richardson's Gun Shop in Wolfe City, Texas is a reputable firearms dealer.  And if you would read all the posts above yours instead of just one you would see that Rich in CM states "it does appear to be the "evil" RGuns.net....

also the next post from madman kirk contains the link to the oft quoted post,

I was merely trying to be humorous and to relay a bit of levity upon seeing the banner.

They do seem to have good prices at "RGUNS.net"
but I wouldn't do business with them unless I was onsite in the store so I could inspect the items.

If you have followed the story of RGuns.net across many gun sites then you would be aware of that this is hashed out often when RGuns in the many varied personas decide to run an add.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#12]
david r- Did you look @ the banner? Did you read all the posts in this thread? Then how is it "reckless"? It's pretty obvious who we're ripping on isn't it??!! I  thought maybe you were RGuns in one of their famous make believe customer modes, but your post seemed too legible.
For anyone else confused:  
it's [size=6] RGuns.net [/size=6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By locked&loaded:
Quoted:

RGUNS.[red]NET[/red]
View Quote

Go ahead and click on the banner and give them some traffic.  It's RGuns.net.  It's in Illinois, and they are frequent posters here.

RGuns.com - Richardson's Gun Shop in Wolfe City, Texas is a reputable firearms dealer.  And if you would read all the posts above yours instead of just one you would see that Rich in CM states "it does appear to be the "evil" RGuns.net....

also the next post from madman kirk contains the link to the oft quoted post,

I was merely trying to be humorous and to relay a bit of levity upon seeing the banner.

They do seem to have good prices at "RGUNS.net"
but I wouldn't do business with them unless I was onsite in the store so I could inspect the items.

If you have followed the story of RGuns.net across many gun sites then you would be aware of that this is hashed out often when RGuns in the many varied personas decide to run an add.
View Quote

What is your point?  Your post did not attack RGUNS.  It simply stated how odd it was that they would support a site where they are constantly lambasted.  In no way did my post attack you.  Not everyone follows every thread about every gun dealer across the internet.  Unfortunately, persons tend to put more weight on an opinion given on a board they frequent.
Can you really not imagine this scenario:
I heard RGuns sucked... blah, blah, blah.  Let's check out their site.   type "www.rguns.com."  There it is.  I'll make sure and not send them my business.
To anyone that HASN'T kept up on the RGUNS.net saga, the first site they are going to guess on when trying to find the place is RGUNS.COM.
I have followed RGUNS.net slammings around the internet.  I won't send him my business but I want to make sure that people make it clear that rguns.com isn't getting a bad rap for .net's activities.

Hoople.  LOL.  I've read lots of posts about rguns.net in many threads.  As I said above, I won't send them my business.  But, I will be very clear relating the story that it was rguns.net.

BTW, many banner ads simply work on the click principle.  IOW, if you click on the banner, the transaction is complete and the host of the banner gets paid.  So, locked&loaded's suggestion to "give them some traffic" may have some benefit to ar15.com
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
RGuns from Texas= Good
the other Rguns was the one some had problems with
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
BTW, many banner ads simply work on the click principle.  IOW, if you click on the banner, the transaction is complete and the host of the banner gets paid.  So, locked&loaded's suggestion to "give them some traffic" may have some benefit to ar15.com
View Quote

Here it is a monthly fee and not a 'x' amount per click.  If it was a 'per click' deal... well, lets just say I'd be awful busy right now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm glad you guys clarified which Rguns you were talking about.  Anyways it only seems fair that anyone who wants to buy ad space should be able to.  I've often heard gun owners bitching that a local newspaper refused to print their gun ad because the editors of the paper are anti-gun liberal idiots.  Let's not be so close minded as those fools.  Anyone who wants to buy ad space should be able to.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyways it only seems fair that anyone who wants to buy ad space should be able to.  I've often heard gun owners bitching that a local newspaper refused to print their gun ad because the editors of the paper are anti-gun liberal idiots.  Let's not be so close minded as those fools.  Anyone who wants to buy ad space should be able to.
View Quote

You have to be careful with advertising, you don't want to represent people who do 'harm' to your constituency.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm glad you guys clarified which Rguns you were talking about.  Anyways it only seems fair that anyone who wants to buy ad space should be able to.  I've often heard gun owners bitching that a local newspaper refused to print their gun ad because the editors of the paper are anti-gun liberal idiots.  Let's not be so close minded as those fools.  Anyone who wants to buy ad space should be able to.
View Quote

Anyone?  Sarah Brady, John McCain and Joe Lieberman pushing gun control legislation? I don't think you'd want to see their banners on this site.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What is your point?  Your post did not attack RGUNS.  It simply stated how odd it was that they would support a site where they are constantly lambasted.  In no way did my post attack you.  Not everyone follows every thread about every gun dealer across the internet.  Unfortunately, persons tend to put more weight on an opinion given on a board they frequent.
Can you really not imagine this scenario:
I heard RGuns sucked... blah, blah, blah.  Let's check out their site.   type "www.rguns.com."  There it is.  I'll make sure and not send them my business.
To anyone that HASN'T kept up on the RGUNS.net saga, the first site they are going to guess on when trying to find the place is RGUNS.COM.
I have followed RGUNS.net slammings around the internet.  I won't send him my business but I want to make sure that people make it clear that rguns.com isn't getting a bad rap for .net's activities.

What is my "point".  Let's see, I think I stated this previously.  To make lite of RGuns.net's banner ad on AR-15.com. Anyone who would look at the banner would see that it is RGuns.net I was referring to as it says RGuns.net on the banner ad.  2+2=5 do you get the point now?  It was an attempt to bring humor to something that was confusing.  As in "Was I hallucinating". Some people got it.  Some must not have.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I've read the thread here about the existence of 2 differing RGuns. The RGuns I refer to is based out of Carpentersville, Illinois.

I am a little concerned about some of the stuff I've read about that some claim is at their place of business. I certainly would NOT condone that if true. That said, they are a mail order outfit who sells to anyone. I'm not saying they are exactly "nice and polite" over the phone but I also find that I'm suspicious of what the axes people have to grind are.

We are all RKBA. Don't forget that. Strange bedfellows? Maybe but we MUST stick together.

Truth? I dunno. It's a tough call. The more info the better. I just wonder my experience with RGuns differs from all these posts? Very strange and I dun know what to make of it.

I'll just keep on reading trying to sort it out.

Wouldn't be the first time lbj was wrong.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#21]
lbj- I'm sure not every one of their transactions ends up badly, but it seems when they go bad, they go [i]really[/i] bad. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Just read some of their posts, they're some pretty scary guys. They stand by their motto: We're always right.
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=3019[/url]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=16173[/url]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=2869[/url]

My personal favorite is the thread where they pose as a satisfied customer to pawn off some crappy ammo. "I'm going to shoot it, not make babies with it". LMFAO
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks Hoople. I will read them directly. I've been away from ar15.com for a time as I've been involved in something else. I'm open here and not set in stone.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By locked&loaded:
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone?  Sarah Brady, John McCain and Joe Lieberman pushing gun control legislation? I don't think you'd want to see their banners on this site.
View Quote

Well you guys obviously didn't see the ad I recently saw on here.  Is this the kind of ads you like?

[img]http://www.adcouncil.org/images/adbanners/safe_gun/yellow_468x60_12k.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just read some of their posts, they're some pretty scary guys. They stand by their motto: We're always right.
View Quote

I believe that would be "The customer is always wrong."
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just read some of their posts, they're some pretty scary guys. They stand by their motto: We're always right.
View Quote

I believe that would be "The customer is always wrong."
View Quote

Boy are you right Sherm'!!!  I'm still getting e-mails from them saying "you DID get what you orderd. so what is your problem...."  For some reason they have a hard time comprehending the fact that I wasn't happy about the [u]condition of what I got[/u] (and I certainly believe my reasons were valid).

The last time they e-mailed me part of my reply was -

Hypothetically speaking -

If I sold you 'new' Colt mags and they showed up in ziploc bags and the finish was not original I'm sure you'd have the same reaction.  If you called and I said 'yeah, return 'em but I'm keeping 20% of your money...'  I have a feeling you'd be doubly pissed then.  If you said any more about it well my reply would probably be -

"you DID get what you orderd. so what is your problem...."
View Quote

I haven't heard anything back yet so I wonder if they get the point??

Edited - [i](Please note that the mis-spelling of 'orderd' is quoted from them.)[/i]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top