Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 6:00:38 PM EDT
A friend sent this to me. Living around here we have quite a few Amish folks:

Sometimes stays in bed till after 5:00AM.

In his sock drawer, you find pictures of women without bonnets.

Shows up at barn raisings in full "Kiss" makeup.

When you criticize him, he yells, "Thou sucketh!"

His name is Jebediah, but he goes by "Jeb Daddy."

Defiantly says, "If I had a radio, I'd listen to rap!"

You come upon his secret stash of colorful socks.

Uses slang expression: "Talk to the hand, cause the beard ain't listening."
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
[left]I live right in the middle of amish they drive right past my door, i can step out right now there would be a horse and buggy driving buy. buy the way amish are not poor ol dumb folks, some are rich a lot of dough. ive worked with one fellow by the name cris newiswandwerwhateverthehellyouspellit. at first i though what a country folk but we went to a big city he new everybody no joke we did not walk in a store with out saying hi to somebody
i mean he knew these guy's. this guy owned a multi million dollar business this guy subcontracted with a boat manufacture building 60ft houseboats, i mean these boats were like condo's on water.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
MG_ME, near Byrne (forgive my spelling)/ Ohio state line? We have  Amish in the Covington/Troy/Piqua area. Wife' family is German Baptist-have automobile,electricity and phones.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude, come on, some of my best friends are Amish.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SBR7/11:
MG_ME, near Byrne (forgive my spelling)/ Ohio state line? We have  Amish in the Covington/Troy/Piqua area. Wife' family is German Baptist-have automobile,electricity and phones.
View Quote

Yep; i been to troy. these amish are strict order some only has small generator's. the town
i live in is very religous, and quiet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Was wondering about the reponses I would get. I would poke fun at myself as much as someone else would. Maybe more, [:D] Being of German ancestry, I guess I can do it.

I live in Berks County, and that along with Lancaster and Lebanon Connies is supposed to be the heart of Pa German country in Pa.

I still think its funny though...
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW, if you are observant, you'll notice that these kids can get in as much trouble as any teenager can.

Just hang around Green Dragon on a Fri nite. [;)]

Alot of folks hold them to a higher standard which isn't correct.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's probably the only two Amish jokes I know.

An Amish family goes to town one day shopping. As the father and his oldest son are looking on, an elderly woman approaches a pair of large silver doors. She presses a button and the doors slide open. She enters and the doors close.

"What is that, father?" asks the son.

"I don't know, son." replies the father.

Momentarily, the door opens and a very pretty young lady steps out. Father and son just look on in amazment. "Son," says father, "go get your mother."

What do you call an Amish man with his arm up to his elbow in a horses' behind?
A mechanic [:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#9]
What goes "Clop-Clop,Clop-Clop,bangbangbangbang,Clop-Clop,Clop-Clop ?

An Amish drive-by.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey,Hershberger!Your saw has been ready two months now.Get one of your employees on the phone.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Sarah is toolin` down the road in her buggy, and gets pulled over by a trooper. She asks "sir, whatever is the trouble?" Trooper tells her the reason he stopped her, the rear lites on the buggy are out. She promises to have Eli make sure they`re full of kerosene as soon as she gets home. The cop then says "ma`m.i also noticed that one of your raines is wrapped around the horses testicles and that does not look right to me" She assures him that will also be adressed, and the officer tells her to procede and have a good evening.Of course sarah is upset upon arriving home...and Eli,worried, asks her what`s wrong...she explains "Eli, i was stopped by an officer of  the law, who said that our buggy lites are not working" Eli says he`ll take care of it right away, and is that all? Sarah says "well, he also said that there is something wrong with the emergency brake!"..........[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 5:21:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Only place I ever saw a gas engine on a wash machine!................[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok, here's one for you...

Two Amish women are working in the garden, picking turnips.  Bein' alone, they get to
talking as women do, an' one of 'em holds
a pair of big turnips at eye level and says
to the other "You know, these look just like
my husband Otis's balls."  They other says
"Really?  Are they that big?"

The first women replies "No! - They're that
dirty!!!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#14]
[url]www.electricamish.com[/url]

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[url]www.electricamish.com[/url]

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
View Quote

That link is gonna get some mileage.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I live in Wi amish country...I get a kick out of groups of Amish teenagers in Cabels
they love firearms...arround here they pretty well clean out the wildlife...all are avid hunters and own rifles...they just prefer single shots and level actions (autos are verbotten)..although they probably could own a horse or bicycle powered gatling gun
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 7:01:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I live in Wi amish country...I get a kick out of groups of Amish teenagers in Cabels
they love firearms...arround here they pretty well clean out the wildlife...all are avid hunters and own rifles...they just prefer single shots and level actions (autos are verbotten)..although they probably could own a horse or bicycle powered gatling gun
View Quote
                                         Or one powered by gasoline engine!!!!![heavy]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:19:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I see alot of them in the spring fishing.They all have spinning tackle.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey Amish people don't exist, their like the tooth faerie, Santa, elves, and Canadians.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I didn't believe that this was real until I looked for myself. There really is a place called Intercourse, PA.
While on the [url]http://www.theamishcountry.com[/url]I came across this:
It's Here...the Intercourse Gazette, a monthly look at historical and social events and a calendar to keep you updated on what's happening in the Lancaster County region.

If you have any questions about this site or about Intercourse in general, please email Levi Stoltzfus,our webmaster.
View Quote

I think poor Levi is asking for trouble...

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Amish jokes, makes me laugh and think of the movie KINGPIN  -hahaha
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AR in the woods:
I didn't believe that this was real until I looked for myself. There really is a place called Intercourse, PA.
While on the [url]http://www.theamishcountry.com[/url]I came across this:
It's Here...the Intercourse Gazette, a monthly look at historical and social events and a calendar to keep you updated on what's happening in the Lancaster County region.

If you have any questions about this site or about Intercourse in general, please email Levi Stoltzfus,our webmaster.
View Quote

I think poor Levi is asking for trouble...

View Quote

Other places in Lancaster County that might draw a second glance:  Bird-In-Hand, Paradise, Blue Ball, Gap, and I'm sure I missed one or two.

Kurt (Living across the river in York County)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top