Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2005 9:22:57 AM EDT
I can get a pretty good deal on a fire rated safe that holds 20 guns.  It is Stack on brand and I just wanted to know if anyone has one of these and how they like them?
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have anything helpful to answer your question with, but welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can get a pretty good deal on a fire rated safe that holds 20 guns.  It is Stack on brand and I just wanted to know if anyone has one of these and how they like them?

I have a smaller Stack-On.  Not the locker that you can get into with a hammer but an actual safe with thick bolts etc.  I think it's great.  I don't have a huge collection so it's perfect for me.
Seems well make and can't complain about it at all.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a smaller Stack-On.  Not the locker that you can get into with a hammer but an actual safe with thick bolts etc.  I think it's great.  I don't have a huge collection so it's perfect for me.

Is yours the fire rated one?  

I am looking into the fire rated 14-20 gun safe.  I am going to get it for under 500.  Am I getting a good deal?  I can't find them that cheap online.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#4]
My 2cents.

I have a few Stack On "security cabinets" that I use as "kit out" lockers. And unlike Homaks and similar ones you cannot open them with a hammer. But they sure as hell ain't a safe either.

If you are looking for basic secure storage I'd recommend a Stack On. A friend of mine had somone actively work on his during a burglary of his home and DID NOT get into it.

If you are looking for a true SAFE then spend the extra couple donuts and get a Canon, Heritage or Liberty.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My 2cents.

I have a few Stack On "security cabinets" that I use as "kit out" lockers. And unlike Homaks and similar ones you cannot open them with a hammer. But they sure as hell ain't a safe either.

If you are looking for basic secure storage I'd recommend a Stack On. A friend of mine had somone actively work on his during a burglary of his home and DID NOT get into it.

If you are looking for a true SAFE then spend the extra couple donuts and get a Canon, Heritage or Liberty.

His question is about a true safe, just happens to be made by Stack-On.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is yours the fire rated one?  

I am looking into the fire rated 14-20 gun safe.  I am going to get it for under 500.  Am I getting a good deal?  I can't find them that cheap online.

Like this?
Stack On Safe

It sounds like you found a good price.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My 2cents.

His question is about a true safe, just happens to be made by Stack-On.

Yeah I know. Like I said, in my opinion he'd be better off going with a Canon, Heritage or Liberty than with a Stack On, Sentry or similar.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Like this?
Stack On Safe

It sounds like you found a good price.

That is the exact safe I am looking at.

ETA I am looking for a cheap safe that will fit a few ars a couple other battle rifes and a few pistols.  I have a small house and am only .2 miles away from the nearest fire department.  I need something that will keep my guns along with a few other things safe for a little bit.  I have a kid who is getting to the age he will be able to get into my things.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top