Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 4:01:31 AM EDT
[url]http://www.i2i.org/SuptDocs/Crime/LawReviews/SelfDefenseCases.htm[/url]

From 1893 to 1896, the United States Supreme Court handed down a series of decisions involving self-defense and the carrying and use of firearms for self- defense. These cases laid the foundation for a 1921 opinion, authored by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, that became the most important armed self- defense case in American legal history, upholding and extending the right to armed self-defense. In these Self-Defense Cases, the Supreme Court fought out a bitter confrontation with Federal District Judge Isaac Parker, the presiding judge in all but one of the cases, and a judge who is much admired today by Chief Justice William Rehnquist
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.i2i.org/SuptDocs/Crime/LawReviews/SelfDefenseCases.htm[/url]

From 1893 to 1896, the United States Supreme Court handed down a series of decisions involving self-defense and the carrying and use of firearms for self- defense. These cases laid the foundation for a 1921 opinion, authored by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, that became the most important armed self- defense case in American legal history, upholding and extending the right to armed self-defense. In these Self-Defense Cases, the Supreme Court fought out a bitter confrontation with Federal District Judge Isaac Parker, the presiding judge in all but one of the cases, and a judge who is much admired today by Chief Justice William Rehnquist
View Quote

I am glad that you posted this, I always post the document Can Soldiers Be Peace Officers! Now only if everyone on this board spends some quality time to study all of it!

No pun, or insults intended, but you LEO's need to study it!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.  Pretty fascinating reading.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
UP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top