Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been said before:

1) Screw the ATF (just kidding guys!! I know you read this, but I am tired of you acting like the American Ghestpo!!)
2) Screw Alberto Gonzales
3) Any enterprising entrepreneurial Americans still out there???? Hello!! Cash cow calling your name!!!Wanna be the next Bill Gates of the firearms world.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining. If I had paid more attention in shop class and was more mechinally inclined, I would be building out a machine shop to turn barrels and mill receivers RIGHT NOW!!! (providing, of course, I was in the business already, if not, I would be finding out HOW to get in very 'soonly'). Unfortunately, I am neither so I have to make my money somewhere else, but I would sure as hell spend it with YOU.

I'm getting pissed about this (obviously). I am tired of our rights and liberties being whittled away one small sliver at a time. Don't be fooled, this is part of 'the plan'. If they banned things outright, their would be a (slight) uproar. But if the chissel away one piece at a time, very few notice and even fewer care.

I am tired of being raped by proxy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Republicans/Democrats = Same Shit/Different Stink.

myitinaw

Stuck up to the Green River.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
VEPR's are built on imported receivers IIRC also.

VEPRs are all built in russia and imported as complete rifles.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm absolutely dismayed at how quickly so many guns have been erased from ever being able to  be bought at a reasonable price ever again.

So many businesses are going to go the way of the dinosaur because of this. Century Arms is going to sell whatever they have left and then go under, DSA is done for. Builders such as ORF and InRange are going to lose tons of business because not everyone will be able to afford kits that will go through the roof in price.

Yes, some company will surely start turning out their own AK barrels and what not, but even with 5-6 USA parts on a kit already, when does the gun stop being close to an original and becomes just a full on clone.

10 years of AWB crap, it sunsets, and in one quick "reinterpretation", we mine as well be back in time to mid-September 1994

FUCK THE ATF!

I called Century and asked the salesperson about the letter.  He said that Century wasn't worried about going out of business.  In fact they were sorta anticipating this ruling.  Obviously he said it would affect their business but he wasn't as doom and gloom as I expected him to be.  He was more worried about several of his customers who's whole businesses revolve around foreign kits.  He said the letter was still too vague to really know the impact on bolt action military arms but semi auto kits are sure to disappear.  He did say that milsurp ammo could be affected too.  The kicker is his sources tell him that this new interpretation was to make the UN happy!    Apparently the UN has been pressuring the US to disallow importation of other countries military surplus.  With the largest firearms market place closed to the rest of the world the UN can coerce 2nd and 3rd world countries to destroy their milsurp and make the world a safer place (for the UN).  Oh yeah and he told me they sold out of IMBEL receivers within minutes of the announcement.  

-yj
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Republicans/Democrats = Same Shit/Different Stink.

myitinaw

+1

Too many people are surprised.  Bush said he supported the AWB before it sunset.  I am sure he supports his father's 89 EO.  Truth is if the AWB didn't have the sunset clause in it, we would still have it.  The NRA and the republicans didn't get rid of it, it just SUNSETTED.  It would be nice if all laws had a sunset clause.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
DAMM!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
didnt have any plans, but read this earlier and went out and bought two ak's today, and will buy a lot more, didnt plan to but thanks atf guys for kicking me in the ass and waking me up.

Don't freak out just yet.  The manufacters always seem to find a way around things...such as the WASR-10 rifles which are then modified in the US to be high caps.  But if you were planning on building your own out of quality parts I would definately move to secure those parts now.

Already done, and will purchase some more once Kvar gets what I want back in stock.

Hey can never have to many guns any how. Guns have a thing about lasting for a very long time, hopefully I will be able to pass my collection onto another generation if the powers dont stop me.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#9]
But if you already have a kit from like, before this after this goes in effect, you can still build it, right ?  With the typical 922r applying ?
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
What does this thing say in english. I cant stand legal muble jumble.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#11]
"Here's to ya', gun owners"
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#12]
GRRR.. This pisses me off. I was hoping to get an HK91 G3 and AK-47/74 parts kit to be finished when I move from this state, but it would appear that it will be harder to do now, seeing that, AFAIK, there aren't sources for American-made G3 barrels.

Goddamn ATF and Gonzalez.. and fuck the UN.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Guys calm down some atleast, WASRs, Veprs, and arsenal rifles are ok(for now) because they are imported as sporter guns and then worked on some more in the states to take hi cap mags. This ruling still pisses the hell out of me regardless.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:56:59 AM EDT
[#14]

What is everyone crying about?

As long as you give money to the almighty nra, we won`t have ANY restrictions on our 2nd. amend. rights,,,,,,,,,RIGHT ???????

Wayne,,,???????                                                      

Wayne,,,???????????????  

Hello ??,,,,, HELLO,????,,,,,,,,,,,WAYNE??????
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 3:50:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Fuck the ATF.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 4:04:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Some AK's are imported as sporting arms, and then they are modified here, correct?

Then why wont those barrels still be able to be imported as "replacement parts" for the "sporting rifles" that are currently imported by people. That would be like the ATF telling me that I can not replace the barrel on my Italian made shotgun (and with that, the NRA would actually care!)...
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 4:54:01 AM EDT
[#17]

...proof that fighting the "soft war" doesn't do shit.

sorry guys, but all of our calls, e-mails, faxes, and letters ammount to a squirt of piss to the powers that be. they can move in the direction they want no matter what we want, and they will.

until we fight it out, it's going to be like this; but none of us are going to do anything.

so we can accept the limited capacity in which we are allowed to participate in our privilege
and be content with the scraps we are thrown.

Link Posted: 7/14/2005 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Bump with a question:

What exactly does this affect? Should I start
panic buying SAR-1, VEPR, and FALs? Which
commercial rifles are built from kits and which
are imported complete as "sporting rifles?"

Link Posted: 7/14/2005 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Will this effect the FN2000 at all?
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#20]
What a bunch of shit
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#21]

since america has almost no manufacturing base left anyhow (especially for weapons), i suspect that at some point this type of legislation will make it damned near impossible for any regular-joe to get a new gun.

i know, in know, "but colt blah blah, and HK's new plant blah blah, and whatever..."

most firearms are of foreign design and manufacture now. the few companies that have set up shop in the US (HK, SIG) did so to sell pistols. try getting a semi 550 series or G36...

soon the technology gap will be too great to bridge if it is not already. this is one thing people missed about the AWB when there was one. many said it's useless because it only banned features. i think that's what would have made it so effective in the long-run. the natural evolution of effective weaponry was pistol-gripped, collapsible stocked, with a detachable mag (select fire too, but we are WAAAAAAYYYYYY beyond ever getting that back).

Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#23]
what does this have to do with mil spec ammo?
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Very disapointing.

I remember when Ashcroft quit, the Christian haters here celebrated.  I said it then: they will rue the day we lost Ashcroft.

More enlightened regulations are undoubtedly already in the works.

-green
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Will this effect the FN2000 at all?

No. The FS-2000 and the PS-90 are being
built in the USA (AFAIK).
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Is this gonna affect the FN civilian P90 and F2000  as well, or are those being produced domestically?
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#27]
So what high quality AK's do we need to buy now before they are no more?
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Nothing if it's US made.  Title 18 USC 925(d) governs the importation of firearms and ammunition.  My point in my earlier post was that it's still unclear exactly how ATF will rule on existing and future Form 6 applications.  Most of the language in the letter is addressed towards frames, receivers and barrels but it's important to note that the section does control ammo importation.

-yj
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Is this gonna affect the FN civilian P90 and F2000  as well, or are those being produced domestically?

Read up a couple of posts
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

^^^ This is what I want to know! ^^^

I have money - tell me where to spend it!

Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

IMI (Israeli Military Industries) makes really good milspec ammo for a decent price, from what I understand.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

^^^ This is what I want to know! ^^^

I have money - tell me where to spend it!

I just sold an AK underfolder yesterday only to get home and read this shit
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Screw Bush, Screw Gonzales.

Bush has done nothing but piss all over his base since he got re-elected.  He is a gun grabber just like his daddy.

I agree and you are correct, but can you imagine if either of his opponents had been elected?
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing if it's US made.  Title 18 USC 925(d) governs the importation of firearms and ammunition.  My point in my earlier post was that it's still unclear exactly how ATF will rule on existing and future Form 6 applications.  Most of the language in the letter is addressed towards frames, receivers and barrels but it's important to note that the section does control ammo importation.

-yj

So are ARs next? thanks for the info yellowjacket.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Gee, it took you guys this long to figure out Bush is an ass?

Don't worry, the history books will not be kind to him....Although, unfortunately, we all go down in his sinking ship.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Don't worry, the history books will not be kind to him....Although, unfortunately, we all go down in his sinking ship.

"the sky is falling the sky is falling..."

Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#38]
So how does this effect bolt-action guns? or is it just auots....and what ones exactly?

oh yeah and fuck the ATF
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#39]
My big issues is where are the parts for the ar and the fn actually made.  How many barrels are actually machined in the us.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#40]
tag
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

+ fucking 1 !  
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#42]
What I'd like to know is.. what does this do for SKSs and Garands (like Danish issue) etc?
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Another pointless restriction that does nothing except harass law-abiding people...

I'm going to write a letter about 1703 now
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Sounds like I Piked up a FAl at the right time.

Freakin ATF.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
So more jobs for Americans?

WTF do you think makes them so expensive?  Fuck labor unions.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Another pointless restriction that does nothing except harass law-abiding people...

I'm going to write a letter about 1703 now

You should have been writing and calling about it weeks ago. It's this kind of 2nd Amendment "activism" that gets us all fucked by uncle sam. Let's wait until they take away more of our rights before we do something about it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
...  It would be nice if all laws had a sunset clause.

They do. It's called a coup. Civil insurrection. Armed overthrow.

Which is exactly why they are trying to take affordable, effective weapons out of the reach of the common, everyday ordinary Joe Sixpack.

Well-to-do people don't revolt. They have something to lose.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
My big issues is where are the parts for the ar and the fn actually made.  How many barrels are actually machined in the us.

Damn near all AR15/M16 parts in common use are made in the US. The FN civilian P90 and F2000 are going to be domestic manufacture.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#49]

I almost sold my Polytech AKS side folder last month, decided to keep it on a gut feeling.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
So more jobs for Americans?

Are YOU looking forward to $3,500 G3 clones?

$900 AKs?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top