Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2001 3:10:37 PM EDT
I was at the gunshop today and my dealer showed me a Charles Daly 1911-A1P 45 ACP, a import from the Philippines by KBI. He said they were flying out the door. I was impressed when he told me I could have it for $429, probably could have gotten it a little cheaper. Anyone shoot one? It looked sweet for the money. But I got's something a little more bigger on my mind.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw the same pistol a few shows ago and wondered the same thing.

Also saw a 1911 Firestorm that looked pretty good. I think i remember reading that it was a Llama/Bersa product????

For the money.....????? I might need to add it to the collection.

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
My dad just got one, piece of junk! FTE, FTF, off center firing pin strikes (wrong barrel link) causing misfires.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard both good and bad on the Charles Daly 1911 clones. Some people are very happy, claim they are accurate and reliable. Read one review on this site where the guy tested his new pistol and it fell apart.

You should be able to get a new Colt 1991 for about $550.00 at a show. I did. Worth every penny.

I should mention that the Springfield Armory Loaded models are not much more also.

I would spend the extra bucks, unless you are willing to take a chance and feel comfortable possibly making repairs.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
  I bought the aluminum framed compact model. Its got about 200 rounds through it with no failures whatsoever. I bought this as a carry piece. Living in CA if you get cought it's gone so I didn't spend to much. If I feel a need to pack thats what I take.

I think this thing cost about $350. I got what I paid for. The finish isn't special. The exposed edges and surfaces are smooth. The stuff you cant see is preaty rough. The ejector was and is loose. I have a pistol smith I plan to have take care of that, and a triger job. It is 100% more reliable stock outa the box than the series 80 colt in stainles was.

It's light, compact and works flawlessly. For the price I paid for the CD 45 I can afford a little "tuning".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top