Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2001 10:19:57 AM EDT
How would I go about LEGALLY obtaining one in the state of NY? Or can this even be done in this not-so-gun friendly state?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How would I go about LEGALLY obtaining one in the state of NY? Or can this even be done in this not-so-gun friendly state?
View Quote

New York has outlawed cans, with a few exceptions to government entities!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Even for LEO's?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, even for LEO's.

Of course, if the dept. is buying them as dept. property to be used in the line of duty, thats a different matter.  You may be a LEO, but if you're buying it as your personal property, you're in the same boat with every other citizen - a no-go.  NY is very restrictive as far as NFA weapons go.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am probably wrong but I thought NY LEOS can get nfa weapons but they must get approval from the department, and you can not keep it if you get out of Law enforcement. Anyone know the REAL answer? Edited because Shaggy knows the real answer.
View Quote

DUTY USE ONLY SECURED WHERE THE AGENCY SAYS IT MUST BE SECURED! But, I remember a MP-5 back in 89, 90 that vanished from its storage in NYC, I guess cans, can vanish too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top