Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2001 11:43:35 PM EDT
I have a pre ban Cobray M-11 9mm that is a blast to shoot. It came with 3 32rd mags. 2 of the mags suck and don't function properly. The bullet wedges between the follower and the mag wall and causes it to jam. A guy at a Cobray websight told me about this man selling South American mags for $18.00 each. He said they were new, excellent quality and function flawlessly everytime. I bought 5 of them and I'm glad I did. I couldn't be happier with them. They are better than those junky zytel mags or those south african mags that sell for over $30.00 at all the gunshows. They are built better and have a great finish.

For those of you wanting some better mags here is his number. Recon Ordnance (920)922-1515. I really recomend them and I plan on buying 5 more.

Hope your as happy with them as I am.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info Nighthawk, although I have not shot my M11-9 all that much I did think that the mags are not that durable for the long run.

I think I'll be callin them and ordering a few.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too.  The thought of shooting that thing without jamming is beyond belief.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I'm sure you guys will love em. It gets so anoying having to fix your mag in the middle of shooting. But the guy that runs the place is really nice and if your not happy with the mag you can get your money back or he will replace it.

When you get your mags let me know what you think about em.

Enjoy guys.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#4]
O.K I admit it I own one.  Never had any jamming problems with it, I need one that is F/A though.  Would make it alot more fun!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Jerry Prasser at Recon Ord. is a great guy.  I've never bought from him, but I've talked to him on the phone several times.  He's always been very helpful and gererous with his time.

In addition to the metal mags, you might try the metal mag lip inserts made for the zytel mags by STL Tactical.  I haven't tried them, but I understand they work great, preserve the life of the zytel mags, and work just as well for the .380 guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top