Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2001 10:39:56 PM EDT
My cousin has a G21 hi-cap with a nasty chip out of it. Does anybody know if you can get replacement mag bodies? Does Glock or any of the suppliers exchange them? I ask here because y'all are the Alpha/Omega of info. Any help or ideas are appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah i need some glock 17 replacment mag bodys. some of mine look like hell
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
This particular mag is a few steps from FUBAR, but @ $80+, ya throw the focker away!
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I DO NOT know how true this was....

I bought one at a gunstore, for my G23...The dealer told me, HE had sent it back to Glock for remanufacturing(body replacement), as the old one was FUBAR...It DID appear BRAND NEW with NO markings....

Worth a try......
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

HE had sent it back to Glock for remanufacturing(body replacement), as the old one was FUBAR...It DID appear BRAND NEW with NO markings....

Worth a try......
View Quote

Most definitely worth a try.  My wife had a "Kaboom" with her G19 on the very first day she went shooting with me.  Long story -->I had mistakenly bought some American Ammunition (CRAP) from the range and she had a squib, didn't realize it , and fired another round. She wasn't hurt badly, but the gun blew apart (barrel bulged & burst and slide got bent).

Bottom line.  American Ammo paid for the repair and I sent a bunch of older NFML mags with the gun.  The gun came back with BRAND NEW unmarked magazines.  Class act !

Well..  This gives me a great opportunity to say:
AVOID AMERICAN AMMUNITION OF FLORIDA (clear plastic cases).  It's NOT jacketed ammo, it's got some kind of copper crap painted on and it's pure junk.  

Oh..  one other thing.   Some guy on Glocktalk.com is working on some kind of deal with Scherer for replacement magazine tubes for about 10 bucks @.   Be wary though.  They had a guy by the name of Nick over there that was the evil twin brother of our scammer, Paul308.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive had several GlockM19 magazines that developed small cracks ...sent them back to Glock in Smyrna Ga. got replacements back in less than a week brand new hi caps no questions asked....I paid the shipping down they paid the shipping back
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Glock will replace the body for free and at the same time change the spring, follower, and floorplate.  The other parts will be new, but they do not guarantee that it will be a new body, and some people have received ones that are serviceable, but a little "beat up." Glock seems to take a strict interpretation of the 94 bill, and does not want to bring mag bodies into the country, ecen for replacements, last I heard.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top