Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2001 8:50:09 PM EDT
I have been shooting pretty shitty for past few months.  I just could not shoot to my normal standard and have been making stupid mistakes.  Then 2 weeks ago the adjustable rear sight on my Kimber broke off.  I figured it was time to take a brake for a while.  

Well, my Kimber returned from the factory with new sight which seemed a little more durable and I was itching to shoot so I took a little detour coming home this evening and stopped at the local indoor range to sight-in my Kimber.

Here is a picture of tonight's results.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Uz/zu/ug/9i72658.jpg [/img]

After about 50 warmup shots I sat down and shot some groups.  Target#1 was 1.25" but a little high and left.  After a little adjustment target#2 came in at 0.90" and still a little high and left.  I adjusted the sight a little more and finally target#3 came in at 0.90" and almost perfectly centered. I didn't want to jinx it so I packed up and came home.

Each target is 5 shot groups at 25 yards with my hand resting on the shooting table.  Ammo was my standard 200gr reload.

I'm not a bad shooter but I'm not this good.  I guess everything was just perfect tonight.  I hope I can keep this up.

Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a fine looking 1911 you've got there.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. Those .45 holes are easy to see! [pistol]

I need to get out and shoot my Ruger P97. Ahhhhhh..So many guns, so little time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I always knew Kimbers kicked ass.
Now I see the sign that I am correct.
Looks like a gold cup stainless (SWEET)
I have a ultracarry myself.It is the
best handgun I have,Needs differant sights    
though.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
NICE SHOOTING! I have had similar results with my Kimber, keeps you coming back for more.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  

My "usual" is more like 1 3/4" group but I got lucky tonight[:)]  The pistol is a Kimber Classic Target and is factory stock except for the skateboard tape on the front strap and some internal polishing.  I did notice that the new rear sight doesn't move at all while the previous sight had a little movement when I shook the rear sight blade.  Maybe I am this good but the old rear sight wasn't holding zero (only kidding)[;)]

Hey rg7620, look...

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/023/rW/de/Cr/6B27461.jpg[/img]

I have a Kimber Ultra Carry too [:P]  Great little pistol for carry.  It too is very accurate for a compact pistol.

I only wish I can shoot my AR this good too [:(]  
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Lucky for you that you actually went to the range.

Its been about FOUR MONTHS since I've gone! I have plans to fially go this Thursday though.

Oh how I miss the range.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 4:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]
[size=5]Have you hugged your KIMBER today?[/size=5]
Mine started out as a basic blued model.
This is what it looks like after I customized it and sent it off to METALIFE.
[url]www.mahovskysmetalife.com     [/url]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/015/FO/id/5F/u570578.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Derek45:

Very nice pistol.  
What did you have done to it and who did the work?  Did that grip safty (Wilson?) require frame modification or did it drop in?  Finally, how could you put that pistol on the ground like that!

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Beeeee-utiful Kimbers, Fellas.

Nice shootin Yobo. [:)]

That Metalife is very interesting.
I wonder if you could do that to an AR.
That would look super with my 24" fluted SS barrel and Chrome BCA. Or Titanium Nitride BCA.

Well, it'd be different anyway.

Thanks for the Link, Derek45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top