Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2005 1:11:49 AM EDT
Well I shoulda known that already...but I am tweaked.  My wife went and rented some movies(I should know better by now), one of which was "The Motorcycle Diaries"...couple of young guys touring south america on a old norton motorcycle...fine, cool, whatever.

Cool movie, etc etc, but I goto the Making of it on the DVD, and they keep refering to its main character as someone who changed the world, Doctored peoples souls, and crap like that....well it happens that the movie is about This Guy.  Needless to say, I was tweaked when I put it all together, not ever being one who really cared about our commie neighbor to the south.

Well Robert Redford was the executive producer, and it was brought to us by the same solks who did "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", Focus films.  

It got standing ovations at Cannes to boot, and will be an oscar contender I think..maybe, I ain't to up on this stuff...But I am fooking mad that I have watched 2 hours worth of commie propaganda that I can never un-watch.

ETA:

I found this...I can't believe these bastards are celebrating him like this....

Che was a Marxist solider who aided the Cuban revolution. He advocated the philosophy of communism which is responsible for over 100 million murders and he personally supervised the executions of scores of people himself. One of Che's famous quotes was "Hatred is an element of struggle; relentless hatred of the enemy that impels us over and beyond the natural limitations of man and transforms us into effective, violent, selective, and cold killing machines. Our soldiers must be thus; a people without hatred cannot vanquish a brutal enemy."

Link Posted: 6/26/2005 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Che sucks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate communists.  Every time I see some dickface wearing a che shirt I wanna punch em
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Che is dead, baby.  Che is dead.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The Motorcycle Diaries is a very romantic and good movie.  You just have to drive out of your mind one of the heroes is Che Guervara, and how it portrays him as a secular saint.  It's a good movie, if you can ignore that part about it.

Again, Paul Berman is right about Guervara.  If you see this movie, you have to know how Che spent his life as a revolutionary, not a tourist

slate.msn.com/id/2107100/
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 3:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Commies aren't cool.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#8]
To warm up your heart just remember that he got what he deserved, a bullet to the head and an unmarked grave.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 5:11:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Commies aren't cool.

But they "feel" like they need to do something...........
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 5:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]

MY kind of revolutionary!

Link Posted: 6/26/2005 5:31:02 AM EDT
[#11]
And this is news how?  
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 5:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Look into 'Robert Redford fucks babies'

It was a fucking riot  
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can't believe these bastards are celebrating him like this....

It's because they're "tolerant" and "peaceful."
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Keep in mind I am an ignorant hick when it comes to this stuff.  I started looking into it a little and would like to know more about his demise ,as I have not found any details on that.

I am mad because of my ignorance that I had been duped into watching something about a commie bastard who appeared to emulate a Stalinistic mentality.  

Hey Photoshoppers, can you put a bullet in his head?..:)..
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.thoseshirts.com/images/rect-reagan.jpg

Didn't we get the 86 machine ban under your guy?
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Keep in mind I am an ignorant hick when it comes to this stuff.  I started looking into it a little and would like to know more about his demise ,as I have not found any details on that.

I am mad because of my ignorance that I had been duped into watching something about a commie bastard who appeared to emulate a Stalinistic mentality.  

Hey Photoshoppers, can you put a bullet in his head?..:)..

You were duped by commies? Damit!
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you are pretty ignorant if you think Regan did that intentionally.

the 86 ban was slipped in by anti-gunners, and Regan signed it under the promise from the NRA that it would be found unconstitutional and stricken.  unfortunately the NRA didnt do shit, and the SCOTUS didnt care.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#18]
He signed it. You can make bullshit excuses all you want. Reagan was a gun banner. HE SIGNED IT! THAT MAKES HIM A GUN BANNER! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, YOU CAN'T TRUST THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT!

What is with some of you people? I supose next thing you'll tell me is that when Hinckley shot Reagan, he only did it becasue he thought the DC gun ban would stop him, and it's the gun makers fault?

Post some more laughable bullshit, I need a good laugh.

Oh yeah, and that's why Bush signed the campaign finance reform treason into law too, riiiight. No wonder this country is fucked.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I hate communists.  Every time I see some dickface wearing a che shirt I wanna punch em

+1 and most of them dont even know who he is
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes, I agree he is a commie bastard.  I wish he would move to Canada or France.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Doctor Bulldog, I concur.

Ben
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That, oddly enough, is the t-shirt I'm wearing today.

Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
To warm up your heart just remember that he got what he deserved, a bullet to the head and an unmarked grave.

No disemboweling? No decapitation and head displayed on a spike? No appendage removal? He deserved that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you are pretty ignorant if you think Regan did that intentionally.

It's pretty damn difficult to unintentionally sign an anti-gun bill.

Reagan wasn't anti-gun. Far from it. But, the 86 ban did NOT help at all. 20 years from now, when a MAC-10 costs $35,000; you'll agree.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#25]
There won't be an America in 20 years.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If you think this, then you won't care if there's an America in 20 years.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#28]
What kind of rifle is that mean looking guy holding?
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What kind of rifle is that mean looking guy holding?

Looks like an M1 Carbine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope I'm dead by then. This country has gone down the toilet and IMO, the majority of the people don't care so long as they got pizza and beer. I can't stand to see the bullshit the government does everyday, and the idiots who try to explain it away making it somebody elses fault.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I hope I'm dead by then. This country has gone down the toilet and IMO, the majority of the people don't care so long as they got pizza and beer. I can't stand to see the bullshit the government does everyday, and the idiots who try to explain it away making it somebody elses fault.

You mean the way you just did?
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and the rest of the "Sheeple need to wake up" jokers are actually really saying "Someone (besides me) needs to do something!"

I have done it all, been a tax protester, joined militia groups, and tried to educate people, and you know what...I was considered a loon, mostly because I am far from a leader type, but I at least I did something.  I did make some headway, my devoutly anti gun parents now have come around and look at guns as tools instead of killing machines, and have almost as many as i do.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#33]
But, Che is a good communist!
A DEAD communist!

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You and the rest of the "Sheeple need to wake up" jokers are actually really saying "Someone (besides me) needs to do something!"

I have done it all, been a tax protester, joined militia groups, and tried to educate people, and you know what...I was considered a loon, mostly because I am far from a leader type, but I at least I did something.  I did make some headway, my devoutly anti gun parents now have come around and look at guns as tools instead of killing machines, and have almost as many as i do.  

Why can't there be more people like you in this country? If even 1/25 people were like you, there wouldn't be any government encroachment at all.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why can't there be more people like you in this country? If even 1/25 people were like you, there wouldn't be any government encroachment at all.

I can also share the blame for our present situation through blatant acts of ignorance and apathy.  I did not vote, I was not involved in the community where I lived, I was totally unconscious of the politics and policies going on around me.  To an extant, I am again.  I am to blame for this crap, as are many others before me.  This is a shame I will always feel, a feeling of weakness mixed with fear that I may never overcome.

Unfortunately I have responsibilities now and my family needs me, and I am unable to push the cause in the rebelious manner I used to.  I cannot sacrifice the welfare of my family for my beliefs, I am not strong enough.  In retrospect, I think that, though the knowledge gained from these experiences was invaluable, they were still a bunch of guys going "Someone should do something".

I am not the persuasive orator I wish I was or I would try and enter through the usual political avenues.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2005 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Bullshit. I'm saying more people need to get involved but aren't, and that freedom is lost.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You should, thats the problem with people in this counrty. not enough old fashioned ass whippin's given out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Bullshit. I'm saying more people need to get involved but aren't, and that freedom is lost.

Lead the way.  Let's go.  tell me how to do it.  Give me direction.  A list, A plan, something.  What I did before did not work, what do I have to do to make it work? HUhhuhuhuhuhuh?
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Unfortunately I have responsibilities now and my family needs me, and I am unable to push the cause in the rebelious manner I used to.  I cannot sacrifice the welfare of my family for my beliefs, I am not strong enough.

I have come to the conclusion that this is EXACTLY why those in power have created the situation you find yourself in.  Peasants, farmers, simple workers revolt when faced with too much oppression but those with responsibilities, those with property will tolerate things that the founders of this nation would have literally killed over.

We live in a gilded cage.  A cage we helped construct.  Those that are the most likely to "cause trouble" are the ones that get welfare, subsidized housing, medical treatments.  Those that work, buy homes and pay taxes have that money redistributed to keep the potential "uppity" ones in their place.  It's perfect (for those that run the system).  Keep the middle classes oppressed through taxation and an ever increasing web of byzantine laws and regulations knowing that they won't risk "everything" to rebel and use their work to pay off the lower classes, keeping them fat and happy.

The system will eventually fall down and go *boom* when entitlements become too great for the middle class to bear and then you'll have EVERYONE on the warpath.

I first read this article a couple of years ago when it was published.  It tweaked the "tin foil" meter at the time but there was just enough ring of truth to make it stick in my mind.

After seeing things evolve over the last 3 years from the time it was published, the "tin foil quotient" has diminished considerably for me.

www.jpfo.org/ssandguns.htm
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 3:44:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
He signed it. You can make bullshit excuses all you want. Reagan was a gun banner. HE SIGNED IT! THAT MAKES HIM A GUN BANNER! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, YOU CAN'T TRUST THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT!

What is with some of you people? I supose next thing you'll tell me is that when Hinckley shot Reagan, he only did it becasue he thought the DC gun ban would stop him, and it's the gun makers fault?

Oh yeah, and that's why Bush signed the campaign finance reform treason into law too, riiiight. No wonder this country is fucked.

Reagan won the Cold War jackass.....when you can come up with someone who has done more let me know.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reagan won the Cold War jackass.....when you can come up with someone who has done more let me know.

I supose he would have been more content with Jimmy Carter or Walter Mondale in office

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMEN BROTHER.  That man cast a long, long shadow.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted: www.cnn.com/WORLD/9512/che_excavation/che.jpg
That'll make one heck of a T-shirt!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I thought this thread was about Che and how he sucked.

I'd like a tee shirt with the x'ed out Che and "Commies Suck" below it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I want more Che is a commie pussy and sucks links.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#46]
You watched the whole movie before you figured it out?????
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Commies suck!

Reagan was a great leader.

Don't worry Miketx, 20 years from now, I'll be President. Muahahaha!!! Then you can blame ME!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Robert Redford is an enemy of the state.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Che ruined the South American rain forest by tooting from country to country in a smoky motorcycle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top