Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2001 4:05:15 PM EDT
I keep hearing about the bumpfire method to simulate full auto, how is done. What type of trigger setup is best for this.

Please give the step by step.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
stand up insert finger firmly in trigger guard holding the rifle gently so that the gun rocks back and forth with the recoil. the recoil will couse your finger to pull the trigger agein. the lighter the trigger the better  
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok take the rifel and hold it with your left hand on the front grip, now lower the rifel so it is on the right side of your right leg.
Now put your right triger finger on the triger. Just stick your finger in where the triger is, now pull the rifel forward with your left hand, causing the right triger finger to push againest the triger. baam baam .
if you dont git it i will post a pic later.

falcon out.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep forgetting to give this a try.  I have been shooting at my friends land about 6 times. On the way out, each time, I remember I forgot to try it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I had been meaning to try it, too but kept forgetting until yesterday I tried it for my first time and I must have just got lucky or have a knack for it but I can blow through 30 rd mags pretty smooth only after a few tries. It's really fun!
Basically you want to do is pull with your left hand on the foregrip (If Right handed) while your trigger finger is inserted inside the trigger guard against the trigger. Point your trigger finger towards your hip while making sure you don't touch, hold or otherwise come in contact with the rifle. Pull forward while keeping your trigger finger in the same place...once it starts to fire pull forward and release pressure as necessary to sustain the burst after a few tries you should start to get a feel for it. 3 to 4 round bursts will be easy then just maintain that burst to empty mag after mag after mag.............Have fun!

John
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I always just say "click this link"  [url]ttp://members.aol.com/bishop042/bump.html[/url]

BISHOP
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Bishop, you forgot the H.

[url]http://hometown.aol.com/bishop042/bump.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw Bob Mundon do this with a 1911 on American Shooter, using his left hand for trigger& pushing the pistol into it with the right hand ( at the hip )
Looked almost safe !
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Did it the first time yesterday with a SAR.  Fun as heck!!!! great way to end an afternoon at the range.  
Occasionally, I would get a light stike, and just dent the primer.    I was shooting Wolf HP's.  Dont know if it was the ammo or the bolt was dirty and the firing pin wasn't moving as fast/smooth as it should.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Bubba, I've had the same problem with my SAR and wolf ammo.

Anybody know why this might be?

Are AR's as easy to bump with? I've asked this before, but lost track of the thread.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea ar's are easy to bump too along with my daewoo. The fal's are a little harder, I think
maybe because of the weight of the rifle and possibly and or the recoil.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#12]
First you have to read the disclaimer:
This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Contents under pressure. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Both feet must be inbounds. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This supersedes all previous notices. The ground cannot cause a fumble.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Finished?
Good.
Take your EMPTY NO AMMO NO MAG INSTALLED BOLT BACK EMPTY CHAMBER AR15 in your hands.

Grasp the AR15 and become one with it.

Set you AR15 down.

Snug your pants up. Serious.

Take your right thumb and hook it through either your right front pants pocket or the right side forward belt loop.
This will not work with sweats or loose low-rider pants.

Pull the pants forward with your thumb, straight out from your body.

Get an idea about how much your pants are going to twist around your body?

Now take your EMPTY NO AMMO NO MAG INSTALLED BOLT BACK EMPTY CHAMBER AR15 back in your hands.

Hold it at hip level on the right side of your body, with the trigger right where your right front pants pocket / right side belt loop is.

Now, take your left hand and hold the front hand grip tightly from below.

Take your RIGHT THUMB and slip it through the trigger guard.
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIGGER!
Keeping your right thumb in the trigger well WITHOUT TOUCHING THE TRIGGER find either your right front pants pocket or your right side forward belt loop and HOOK YOUR THUMB THROUGH IT.

Keeping your thumb hooked into either the pocket or the belt loop WITHOUT TOUCHING THE TRIGGER GENTLY PULL YOUR AR15 FORWARD with your right hand. GENTLY.

Do not do anything with your left hand except keep the AR15 level with the ground. DO NOT LET YOUR RIGHT THUMB TOUCH THE TRIGGER!

When you can no longer pull your AR15 forward with your right thumb WITHOUT TOUCHING THE TRIGGER then hold it.

Make sure that whatever is in front of you is clear and that you have a nice large berm and that there is not way that you can overshoot the berm.

Remember, this is practice only.

Now FIRMLY pull the ENTIRE AR15 FORWARD with your LEFT HAND ONLY!!

As you do this DO NOT ALLOW YOUR RIGHT THUMB TO RELEASE THE PRESSURE FROM THE POCKET / BELT LOOP.

What is supposed to happen is that your right thumb STAYS in place and your left hand, by PULLING the ENTIRE AR15 forward makes the trigger contact your right thumb.

Since you have the bolt back you will hear nothing.

Now, release the bolt EMPTY CHAMBER, NO MAG INSTALLED to cock it.

Follow the steps above, and this time when you pull the AR15 forward with your left hand you should hear and feel the fireing pin slam home.

As you practice this you should note the alingment of your front barrel.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Ready to head to the range? Good.

First things first.

KNOW YOUR TARGET.

KNOW YOUR BACKSTOP.

KNOW THAT THIS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING ABOUT SAFE FIREARMS HANDLEING.

KNOW THAT IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE YOU COULD VERY WELL SHOOT SOME .22 SIZED HOLES IN YOUR FOOT OR YOU COULD SEND SOME .223 SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU DON'T WANT IT TO GO.

KNOW THAT THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, AND THAT IT IS YOUR TAIL.

MAKE SURE THAT THE RANGE IS CLEAR, NO ONE TO EITHER SIDE OF YOU.

DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOUR BACKSTOP IS GOING TO BE SAFE.
FULL AUTO RISES AS YOU FIRE. BUMP-FIRING WILL DO THE SAME.

Take your AR15 and get it ready to shoot.

Take you mag and insert ONE ROUND AND ONE ROUND ONLY into it.

Insert the mag.

Now, again follow the steps as outlined above.

DO NOT CHAMBER THE ROUND. MAKE SURE THAT THE SAFETY IS ON.

You have set yourself up, you know the position, you know how it is supposed to work.

WARNING: THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!

Chamber the round. Take the safety off. Set your AR15 up, left hand under the front grip, right thumb through the trigger guard KEEPING YOUR THUMB OFF OF THE TRIGGER.
Find your pocket / belt loop with your right thumb. Notice how easy it is to slip your thumb into / through the pocket / belt loop since you have PRACTICED it so many times before.
With your right thumb hooked into place pull the AR15 forward with it, of course KEEPING YOUR THUMB OFF OF THE TRIGGER and guiding your AR15 with your left hand. When your right thumb stops do one more check of what is in front of you.

IF IT IS CLEAR then pull the AR15 forward with your left hand. Do not allow your right thumb to loose the pressure from your pants.

You should be rewarded with a single shot from your AR.

Did you see where the bullet went?

If all is well, then go ahead and load up 2 rounds.

Follow the same procedures, and you should get a B-BANG!.

Do this a couple of times.

When you are comfortable with this, load up 3, then 4, then 5 rounds.

After all of this practice you should be ready for a 10 round string.

Do a couple of those, then go 20, a few of those, then 30's.

As always, watch your backstop.

If you want to stop firing before you have emptied out a mag then just release the pressure of your LEFT HAND.

Remember that when you do this you STILL HAVE A LIVE ROUND IN YOUR AR15!
LIVE ROUND!

Keep your AR15 level and remove your right thumb WITHOUT HITTING THE TRIGGER!!

Now, square up your AR15 to your shoulder and either empty the mag or remove the mag and unchamber that LIVE ROUND IN THE CHAMBER!!

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR LEVEL OF COMMON SENSE.

BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I had just installed a 1.5 lb trigger on my space gun.  Now I have to work at "not" letting loose three round bursts.

Still waiting for the 2.5 lb trigger so I can be in a little better control.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#18]

USNJoe,
Could you be a bit more specific, please?
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

USNJoe,
Could you be a bit more specific, please?
[:D]
View Quote

Especially the right thumb....[>:/]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#20]
i can bump fire my AK off my shoulder (with out my cheek on the stock!!) pretty well. quite controllable through all 30 rnds. Does leave you with a sore shoulder after a while. I do, however, have trouble doing it with my AR. Dont know why. With practice, it becomes quite a blast, literally.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I've had light primer strikes since the late 80s.
Its not the ammo its YOU!!!!
Some times you just "lose the momentum" and the hammer follows the bolt and strikes the primer but not hard enough to fire(because the bold doesn't move fast enough, if it did then we'd all have some very easily converted AKs)

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top