Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2001 7:50:58 AM EDT
I own a preban bushmaster lower complete.  I was wondering if I should purchase a preban BM lower in M4 style or go with Colt?  I know Colt is more, but folks, what do you think?  What are the pro's and cons's excluding the price, which I know is around $250-$350 premium.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I own both, both are fine.  But I would go with Bushmaster for two reasons:
1.  Bushmaster is cheaper
2.  Bushmaster has absolutely OUTSTANDING customer service.  If you ever need anything done for your firearm, I would want to deal with them long before I'd want to deal with Colt.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto the above..save the bucks for more ammo or toys. Colt's quality is spotty at times, BM had a few small problems in the Y2K building madness, but that all seems to have resolved itself. I have both, and I actually prefer the BM.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your input.  I will go 100% bushmaster.  Then I will have one colt M4 and one BM M4.  I can shoot and compare.  Pony versus snake.  Both lethal.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Only Colt will have the M4 feed ramp cuts in the receiver. Decide for yourself if that is worth the extra money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top