Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2001 1:34:16 AM EDT
Damn..  And you guys are worried about your guns?????    

[url]www.theage.com.au/news/world/2001/07/06/FFX6HAXEROC.html[/url]

[b]Two die in fish dismemberment[/b]

PORT MORESBY
Friday 6 July 2001

Two Papua New Guinea fishermen have bled to death after having their penises bitten off by pirahna-like river fish.

The fish, which zero in on urine streams in the water, have struck terror among villagers along the Sepik River, in north-western PNG.

Authorities believe the killer fish is an introduced member of the South American pacu family and a relative of the piranha.

In both of last month's fatalities, the fish demonstrated a trait of the piranha by following a trail of urine in the water, swimming to its source and then biting it off with razor-sharp teeth.

[red][b]Some believe the killer may be a food-source fish introduced from Brazil in 1994 by the United Nations[/b][/red] Food and Agricultural Organisation and the PNG National Fisheries Authority.

However, marine biologist and aquaculturist Ian Middleton said he believed they were a different species, introduced from across the PNG-Indonesia border.

He believed the fish had started biting humans because of a lack of naturally occurring food. "The reason for biting people on their genitals is a result of the fish detecting a chemical change in the water, swimming up the urine trail and biting the genitals."

This behavior was well documented in the Amazon, he said.

The director of the PNG Office of Environment and Conservation, Dr Wari Iamo, yesterday expressed "grave concern and dissatisfaction" at the way some government agencies and donor organisations had gone about importing exotic plant and animal species.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:45:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate it when my penis gets bitten off.

It's hard to believe they don't know what fish did it.  If some damned animal came up and bit me there, I'd have a death grip on it until it let go or I died from loss of blood.  Either way, there would be a DNA sample under my fingernails.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
i woulndt be having my dick out in river with pirahna like fish hell i wouldnt even be in the water!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No wonder there's no peeing in the pool.  All those penis's would be bit off the little kids.
View Quote

Just think of the possibilities !!!!

We can sell these fish to local municipal pool operators.  Seems like a much more effective option than the dye that changes color upon contact with urine.

Betcha we'd clean up $$$$  !

Or -->  They can be sold to African nations to be placed in their water supplies.  It'd force the natives to stop pissing in their drinking water....
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/fish.gif[/img]All your penis's are belong to us  [img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/fish.gif[/img]

[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/fishie.gif[/img][img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/fishie.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]
As quoted by Oswald on The Drew Carey Show...

"The penis mightier than the sword."

Ted...
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Another vacation garden spot off the list...
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
WARNING: Adult content. Do not follow link unless you wish to see humorous graphic image.

[url]http://vagina.rotten.com/fish/penisfish.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#9]
All I can say is those fishes better be damn hungry and bringing friends if they plan on chowing down on mine.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Even though I'd like to take credit for it, I can't...    It arrived in my mailbox in my morning "InfoBeat News Compilation".

Of course I now have to tempt fate and go swimming there myself !
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Of course I now have to tempt fate and go swimming there myself !
View Quote

Sure - what have you got to lose?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#12]
hmm maybe we can use those fish instead of chemical castartion on rapists?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top