Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2001 1:54:37 PM EDT
I am new to gunbroker.com, having only made a few purchases.

Recently I won the auction on a Hi-Cap Glock 23 mag from one seller and a Glock T-shirt on another.  The auctions ended 3 days ago and neither seller has returned any of my requests for total amount I owe or payment methods etc etc.

I have e-mailed through the auction sight 3 times with not one single response from either  seller.

Am I missing something here or do I just have a very unimpressive sellers on my hands?

Any input from some of you more experienced auction folks would be most appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have purchased thru Gunbroker.com for a year or so( 50+ purchases). I have had several sellers not respond for 5 days( a rule for sellers,I think);but always come thru.Usually,the Gunbroker server will not forward a 'trouble contacting" message for 4 full days after the auction closes.On the 5th day you can E-Mail the systen administrators. Good luck. Harry.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Be patient...they may be on vacation for the 4th.  I've done quite a bit of business on GunBroker as well as Ebay and I've yet to have a seller not contact me.  Some are just quicker than others.  I would say give it a full week.

Bradd
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I just read about that 5 day rule thing.

Maybe with this being the week of the 4th and all they are just busy.

Patience Grasshopper I should say to my self.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I never had any problems, always quick responses. Your right its probally because of the 4th.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Go to this site and read some stories about bad deals at GunBroker and why many are leaving the site.

[url]http://pub49.ezboard.com/bthefirearmsforum[/url]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top