Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2001 8:18:14 PM EDT
I cant believe that sorry bastard's family is still going to get his pension. My tax dollars going to a traitor. UNBELIVEVABLE
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Your money is going to his family.

If they knew nothing about it, I don't see why they should be penalized.  He'll get his for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Although I feel for the family, this guy should be put to death like the law says, who's to say that if he cooperates, and tells everything he told them,(so they can do damage control) How are you sure he is going to tell the truth. I'm sorry but a traitor is a traitor
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
i tihnk its ok his family gets it, hell they should give him retirement benifits, in the form of a 62 grain slug
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree that his family should still get his pension since they had nothing to do with his acts and they are probably counting on the money to live on, especially since he isn't bringing in any income now....I heard the government quit paying him his salary too.

I also think that he should be put to death as well. Its gonna cost a lot more money to house him in prison for the rest of his life than his family will ever get out of the pension.

Who knows though, he could always have a "heart attack" in prison. Stranger things have happened. [kill]

Michael
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I do'nt believe we should be supporting his family with a Goverment Pension of about $38,000 a year. He did'nt earn it by being a traitor and neither did his family work for it. It's total BS. Frankly, I've worked for the government for 25 years and at 30 years wo'nt be getting a pension of $38,000 a year. It's a total injustice to people who have honorably worked who will not receive that amount. His the one that betrayed his government and his family. By the way, although his handler kept most of his 1.4 million for him, would'nt you be a little suspicious of the extra money if you were his wife?? [puke][puke][puke][puke]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your money is going to his family.

If they knew nothing about it, I don't see why they should be penalized.  He'll get his for the rest of his life.
View Quote

As a matter of fact, his wife DID know about the spying.  She discovered it in 1991 and made him promise that he'd quit.  Oops, I guess he didn't keep his promise. [rolleyes]

BTW, [b]I[/b] didn't know anything about the spying.  How about giving [b]me[/b] some of that pension money? [>:/]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't agree with it. Isn't a pension a reward earned for doing your job [b]loyally[/b] for many years? And what does this say to future traitors; "well, at least my family will be taken care of if I'm caught". Wouldn't seeing your family suffer be part of the punishment?
His wife can get her ass out into the workforce and do like the rest of us not fortunate enough to have a taxpayer provided early retirement-WORK.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The pension is part of the deal (with the life sentence) to get Hansen to disclose what he knows about his treason.   Though I am as disgusted by him as you are, the information that he has is vital.   Brave men died because of his perfidy, and vital secrets were exposed.    How did this happen?   What do our enemies know?   How can we prevent it happening again?  
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The pension is part of the deal (with the life sentence) to get Hansen to disclose what he knows about his treason.   Though I am as disgusted by him as you are, the information that he has is vital.   Brave men died because of his perfidy, and vital secrets were exposed.    How did this happen?   What do our enemies know?   How can we prevent it happening again?  
View Quote

who's to say he's going to tell the truth. You know, for a million bucks to the wife I could lead them in the wrong direction. you know his old part time bosses have been talking to him in one way or another.
I dont know, I've really had it with all this leniency shit, that's what's wong with the judicial system now. just my .02
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#10]
It Is An OutRage That This Fucking Traitor's Family Will Get A Dime From Our Tax Dollars....

Who cares if they knew?
Although from one comment, the wife knew..

Hey, guess what, he didn't care about his family
Why the Hell should we?
Fuck em all where they breath.
Spawn of a traitor....
Yeah, the Old Testament Works for Me.....

He should be publicly executed
Drawn and Quartered
He gave up our agents in the USSR to die
and we are giving his family a pension?
And he requested a SuperMaxPen?
Yeah, so he won't get his asshole stretched..
He will be in isolation...
Internet, cable, excercise machinery, etc...
The Wages of Sin
Seem pretty Good
For a Scumbag Traitor.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top