Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 7:58:51 PM EDT
I went to the first gunshow to happen in the last 2-3 months and was sorely disappointed.

All normal factors aside, a horse show displaced the gun show.  The gun show was put in a smaller building; same crowds, less space, and less dealer space.  This led to a lot of bumping and jostling.

I now believe that online dealers must be brighter than the average gun show dealer.  I overheard a lot of complaining about the lack of sales, but they did nothing to their prices.

[b](1x)  Preban Colt lower, blue label with sear block, 95%:  $1,400.00

(2x)  Preban Colt rifle 20" A2 blue label with sear block and shaved bayo, 99%:  $1,700.00 ea.

(1x)  Preban Bushmaster CAR-15 11.5"/5.5", 98%: $1,900.00

(1x)  Post '89 Pre '94 Norinco UZI with straight stock and bayo lug, 90%:  $775.00

(1x)  Postban Polytech M1A "California type," 99%:  $1,000.00

New, not-in-wrap USGI Colt mfg 30's:  $24.95

50%+ USGI Colt mfg 20's:  $29.95

50%+ USGI non-Colt mfg 20's:  $20-$25[/b]

As for other oddities, there was a HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, Mossberg bullpup shotgun, a factory Remington folder, and about five Valmet pre '89 rifles present.  But, before you start drooling, the moron who had the Colts and Bushmaster controlled the Valmet rifles.  (In other words, they were not going for anything that anyone would even consider paying.  I can't list the prices because I didn't even bother asking.)

On the good side, both aforementioned shotguns were reasonably priced.  (I only wish I was in the market for them.)  The HK's were on the higher end of the spectrum, but still fairly priced.  ($2,700.00 - $3,500.00)

Oh, and there was only one private sale item of interest; a preban AR-15.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get within ten feet of the seller due to the crowds in the place.  

There's nothing worse than seeing someone with a bayo lug and flash suppressor, all while knowing that it's a private sale, and not be able to get a make, model, and price.  [:(!]

Oh, well...  I guess there's always the next show.

Mike

EDITED because I can't spell.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh-ha, Puchi show I'll bet' I stoped going to them a while ago, same old stuff, same old dealers, same rising prices, these guys think there stuff is gold. they're not there to sell stuff or make money, they're there to hang out. It's about an hour and a half drive for me but it's not worth the drive anymore. DAMN, I MISS THE LAKE CO. IL. SHOW
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Uh-ha, Puchi show I'll bet' I stoped going to them a while ago, same old stuff, same old dealers, same rising prices, these guys think there stuff is gold. they're not there to sell stuff or make money, they're there to hang out. It's about an hour and a half drive for me but it's not worth the drive anymore. DAMN, I MISS THE LAKE CO. IL. SHOW
View Quote

Yup; it's a Puchi show.  Some shows are okay; occasionally you can snag a good deal.  And, the dealers always counter that they will [i]eventually[/i] sell their stuff.  (Ever since one fellow sold a NIB Model B UZI for $1,800.00 or so right before Y2K, they've had this aura of invincibility.

Aside from a handful of dealers who buy and sell at fair prices, I'm starting to get annoyed.

How are the IL gun shows?

Mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds more like a ouch my eye show
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top