Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 6:55:25 PM EDT
I'm moving from Lancaster (northern LA County) up the 14 freeway to California City (southern Kern County).

Not the move out of state I was hoping for (still in the works), but at least I've made it further out into the desert away from LA and the San Andreas fault.

I'll probably be attending even fewer Highpower matches in the LA area now that the drive has increased by another 45 minutes, so I'm looking for new opportunities for both competitive shooting and plinking.

Does the Sheriff of Kern County issue CCWs to just plain folks, or do I have to show "need?"

Any advice from the other resident desert rats would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I believe that is one of the counties that have increased issuance of CCW in CA. There are quite a few of them up there, Placer being another one if memory serves me rightBeing a county in CA however, you do have to show "need". Remember, CA is not a shall issue state. You might be able to find a local Police Chief that might sign of on it too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The word in Kern County is that if you live outside a city, you can apply to the County Sheriff, and for a "good reason", he'll issue a cc permit.

This is what the owner of my local gun store says.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
All you have to do is remember one thing, the names "Snake" Snake bliskin.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was "Pliskin."

btt
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought it was "Pliskin."

btt
View Quote

You know what I meant [pissed]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top