Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2001 1:53:31 PM EDT
Every time an Israeli kills a palestinian it is reported like this "Israeli Troops Kill 11-Year-Old Palestinian... " (taken from drudge), but when a Palestinian kills an Israeli it is like this "Israeli soldier murdered by palestinian" (taken from CNN)?

Why is it murder to kill an Israeli but a killing to do it to a palestinian?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
A). Media double standard?

B). Spin control to shape public opinion?

C). Zionist control of the media in the western world? (just kidding).

D). All of the above?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
It isn't a one tmie thing either, thats what kills me.  I see it every time there is a report.

Oh Well, look at what they do when it is a gun incident, can we really expect anything better from them?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it means that there is a clear agenda.

Israel is our ally in the middle east.

The Palestinians, while they did get a raw deal, are not our allies.

It has been in the United States best interests to support the Israeli people.

The media will publish what they are told to publish by the head of the corporation that they work for. For this they recieve a paycheck. If the media boss wanted to turn around public opinion in another direction, it would happen. Fat chance.

Spin control is the name of the game.

It's the same with gun issues here in the U.S.

When's the last time you saw a positive portrayal of guns and/or gunowners in the mainstream media?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By operator error

View Quote

No apologies needed OE, [u]you are right[/u].
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By operator error:
It has been in the United States best interests to support the Israeli people.
View Quote

Why?

BTW, the answer IS D.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By operator error

View Quote

No apologies needed OE, [u]you are right[/u].
View Quote

Well, no, he isn't.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
My Zionist comment really was meant as a joke.

I was taking a small jab at the conspiracy theorists. Please note that there is no editing in my first reply.

But the media is very effective at shaping public opinion. Subtle nuances, slight changes in content, strategic placement or omission of facts, and the most innocent of statements or events can be spun any way the editor or owner wants it to.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Why do we not hear anything about David Koresh being in Isreal for quite a while before settling in Texas?  Why did Isreal send surveilence equipment to the US during the seige at Waco?  What is this Isreali connection all about anyway?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why is it murder to kill an Israeli but a killing to do it to a palestinian?
View Quote

Because the Israelis are our allies and the Palestinians are not. Plus, I think there are a couple of reasons that Americans associate with Israelis better than Palestinians. First is because the Palestinians come off as a bunch of crazy terrorists that strap bombs to themselves and walk into a crowded place and explode. On the other hand it seems that the Israelis seem to be a little more civilized than the opposition using more military strategy in their attacks and targeting specific threats instead of killing indescriminately, though Israel has killed its share of innocents in the conflict.

Then there is the fact that Israel kicks ass and takes names while the Palestinians throw rocks and get blown up by helicopters and nobody wants to be friends with someone who is always picking a fight and then getting their ass kicked. If you hang out with people like that then eventually you will get dragged into the wrong fight and you'll get your ass kicked as well.

My $.02

Michael
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
a and b
if palastien was our allies it would eb reverced it alwasy is depends on what way the wind is blowing
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#11]
PonBoy, you *do* remember how Israel fought its battles back in the 40's and 50's, right? (hint, bombs strapped to their chest, car bombs, acid thrown in childrens faces...)
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Post frpm hielo -
PonBoy, you *do* remember how Israel fought its battles back in the 40's and 50's, right? (hint, bombs strapped to their chest, car bombs, acid thrown in childrens faces...)
View Quote

[b]Puhleeze.[/b] Could you provide your audience with just ONE documented instance of either (1) anyone who on behalf of the Jews strapped a bomb to their chest and committed suicide by detonating it in the vicinity of British or Arab women and children, or (2) anyone who on behalf of the Jews threw acid in the face of children of ANY nationality?

I believe that we are all aware of the bombing of the King David Hotel by the so-called 'Stern Gang', but more correctly as the Irgun, led by none other than Menachem Begin. Despite three telephone warnings by the Irgun of the intended bombing, the British took no precautions, I believe that the phrase 'We don't take orders from Jews' was the British Commander's response to the warnings. 91 killed, 45 injured.  

Let me ask you, hielo, what is the reason you believe that the Hotel King David was attacked?

Come now, put down your copy of [i]The Secret Protocols of the Elders of Zion[/i] and respond.
[:D]

Eric The(Incredulous)Hun[>]:)]

(Edited, 'cause I inadvertantly reversed the number of killed and wounded at the KDH, sorry)
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, Ive never heard of any of that happening. Remember though, in the Muslim religion they can actually earn a higher place in heaven or whatever they call it by sacrificing their own life to further the cause of their religion. That is where all of the suicide bombers come from in the middle east. Not only is blowing yourself up in order to indiscriminately kill the enemy not looked down upon, it is actually encouraged by some. In fact, the best thing that can possibly happen to you is to be killed during a conflict in a "holy war" which is basically what this whole thing boils down to. Maybe that is why you kill a Palestinian and murder and Israeli, because the Palestinians like it when you kill them when they are fighting for their religion and Israelis don't like to be killed.

If the Israelis would just change their religion to that of the Palestinians then there would be peace over there. At least until one of them found oil or something else worth starting a war over then it would start all over again.

I personally think this whole peace process stuff is a bunch of bullshit. All of those people over there have been fighting for thousands of years, at least during the whole time of recorded history. There are about 50 countries all squished together and none of them really trust each other and it seems that most of them would just as soon kill their neighbor as rake the sand piles in their front yard.

I say, let em go at it until somebody really gets their ass kicked. Only then will there be any peace and that will only last as long as it takes for the loser to rebuild their strength so that it can start all over again. Once again, our govt is wasting time and millions of dollars on a losing cause call the peace process.

Michael
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Nah,

The Israelis just need to put ALL the Palestinians on their own "Reservations" (AKA the West Bank) until they can learn to play nice.  Separate the factions like children, lock down the borders, calm their shit down for a generation until they realize they NEED each other economically.

As much a I would hate to divide [b]our[/b] Capital city, I would even give the P's East Jerusalem, including the Muslim Quarter of the Old City. Force them to shut up and cool out.

RikWriter-- Common Knowledge:  The American Jews DO control the American Media.  That is why, with very few exceptions, it tends to be liberally biased.  I am not saying that is good or bad, just that it exists.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
RikWriter-- Common Knowledge:  The American Jews DO control the American Media.
View Quote

A lot of things that are "common knowledge" are wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top