BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/7/2001 5:27:08 AM EDT
[URL]http://www.tampatrib.com/[/URL]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
DOesn't seem like she was killed in cold blood to me, she was killed when she was chasing after the shooter.  

Cold BLood to me would be she is sitting in her cruiser, filling out paperwork and somebody walks by and puts one in her head, fo rno reason.

I would fully expect that someone trying to actively run away from LEO's are also going to do what they have to do to get away.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Read the article before you run your punk-ass mouth
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Does not sound like cold blood to me either. Shooting at 4 cops chasing a perp. She did not even have her gun out. What a poor decision that was.

Barely 5 foot tall and a female. Don't they have any minimum requirements for officer size. Small females should not be patrol officers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#4]
.  She was inept.  She paid for her ineptness.

Whats the problem?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]
An 18 year veteran of the police force is in a foot persuit with an armed bankrobber and her weapon is holstered? The loss of her life is tragic but what would you expect an armed fleeing bankrobber to do? My weapon is out and yours is not. Your dead.

The woman who walked out of the apartments with camoflage clothing on was detained and cuffed for what? Wearing camo? Not flaming, before some of the LEO jump dead in my ass, just asking. Is it standard procedure to detain people with camo on at a crime scene or was the woman involved in the robbery?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
What the f*ck is the difference of how the story is worded, she was murdered, period.

At least the skell perp did the cowardly act on himself.

Pangea.....It doesn't make sense to you that the LEO's check to see if any other persons in the same apartment with a killer are armed or not, or if they had any involvement in the planning of the robbery??? Are you crazy!!!
COMMON SENSE..........some people just don't have it!!!

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
.  She was inept.  She paid for her ineptness.

Whats the problem?
View Quote

And thats OK!!!???
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope, never said it was OK, it is an immutable law of anture though that the inept usually do not survive.  Once again proven.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Inept, come on. there's not enough information to make that judgement. She definitely paid the highest price. But I surely don't see anything to be LOL about. Anytime someone is murdered I don't think is it a laughing matter. As an 18 year veteran she probably was not inept. In a foot pursuit it is sometimes difficult to use your best judgement, the adrenalin starts pumping and you want to catch the criminal. Like I said she paid the ultimate price, but LOL and inept, that's repulsive.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope, never said it was OK, it is an immutable law of anture though that the inept usually do not survive.  Once again proven.
View Quote
Man, you are something else.  What, I don't know.  You seem to be relishing the fact that she was shot.  You deny such and you won't come out and say it, but it's there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#11]
My was directed to the idiot who told me to read the story (which I had already done, he obviously hadn't) before I run my "punk ass mouth".  I thought a LOL was better than my usual retort of "blow me".  Just trying to be friendly and all.

As to relishing it, nope, but I do find solace in the regularity in which naturual laws are enforced, even if the outcome is not one in which you would be happy.

As to her personally dieing, I have no interest one way or the other, I woudl have to see her compelte record before I decided to be sorry or happy over her death.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[URL]http://www.tampatrib.com/[/URL]
View Quote

Seems to me when MIAMI SWAT (last weeks headlines) shot at an unarmed man who had not violated any law, with automatic weapons and after close to 500 rounds full auto had been fired at the man and the man getting hit 122 times, then the SWAT SCUM planted a toy gun on this man, to justify their murder of him, is COLD BLOODED MURDER.

How about all the innocent people murdered in boched raids on the wrong house, COLD BLOODED MURDER TOO!!!!

One must wonder why little or no importance is given to all those murdered by LEO types annually with the COLD BLOODED MURDERS somehow being justified!

Which of you are willing to be their next hit?

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Me thinks the people so upset over this are LEO types themselves (or wannabes).

Remember the thin blue line thing.

Hey, and shooting somebody 121 times, it could have been an accident...
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey Andreusan,

I vote that the next hit be at hielo's residence!!

What a DICK!!!!!!

Semper Fi
ASO544
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Go for it.

Semper Fi Bro.

Or better yet, how about a slow response (LOL) next time I call the cops?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, I am getting pissed off... my champagne funds are low, As I have promised long time ago every time a cop gets shot  I'll go and buy a bottle of  champagne to cellebrate.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Hielo:  What stupid ass comments you made.  Oh she was inept and paid for it.  I can't believe you would even say that.  I'm not even going to get into this except to say you are a dickhead with that stupid comment.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well, I am getting pissed off... my champagne funds are low, As I have promised long time ago every time a cop gets shot  I'll go and buy a bottle of  champagne to cellebrate.
View Quote

You are probably the type of person who hates cops, but is the first person to demand one for any little thing that goes wrong.I would like to tell you what you can do with the champagne bottle, but you would probably like it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#19]
jadams, does this mean no christmas card this year?  LOL.

Would it suprise you to know I think of you very much the same way, for precisly the same reason?

You whine and complain when the media paints us as terrorists just for owning a firearm, but when that same media reports something the way you like, you are all over them like a big happy (stupid) lapdog.

Amazing, but it is a big world and room for everyone.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Man, do I agree.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#22]
She was Killed in the Line of Duty. Period.
Murdered has a different connotation.
Semantics some may say.
I say Choose your words correctly.

The next time you get pulled over for:
-Using a cell phone
-Not wearing a seatbelt
-Not wearing a helmet
-Not being the right skin color
-Or some other false pretense to detain, arrest
 or simply infringe upon you in any way.
Just to pad the city coffers or for some PITA cops amusement.

This story may pop into your mind.

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Range man,

I will spend some of  precious time just to enlighten you and other like you...

1- COPS work for me/us and not the opposite. They are paid to keep order and by the nature of their self-elected job they will get hurt/killed. As far as I know nobody forced them into this job. They knew the risks before filling out the application. Nobody told them that their job will be free of injuries. If they can not take the hit they should QUIT.

2- COPS are a state run monopoly. They were given powers beyong the initial contract. The moto "to protect and serve" is B.S.. In the present times COPS are a tool in the hands of the powerfull the politicians and the state to keep the masses with the heads down. IMHO anybody (COP) accepting this kind of job and  "just following orders" is a traitor to the FREEDOM and individual rights.

3- To your statement, I don't call the COPS for any reason.  I will not support the State run monopoly. If I can I will make my own justice, when the time comes.

And just to point to your moronic statement
" but is the first person to demand one for any little thing that goes wrong"  DO WE HAVE ANY OTHER FUCKING CHOICE TO CALL BUT THE FUCKING BEASTS when we need help? If you are SOOOO smart give me a different phone number to call for help other than 911.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Uh, SGB, I was hoping the other guy would see reason and grow up, but he they insist on everyone feeling and thinking alike, so I guess we will have to wait a few years until they realize not everyone gets broken up over someone elses misfortunes.

But thanks for the thought!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Guess so?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I might be crazy, Palmer. Are you an authority on the subject? If my asking a question offends you, thats too bad. You must have a fragile personality. If I am mistaken in my assumption then disreguard. Are you speaking on behalf of all LEO as an official spokesman or just voicing your opinion? You seem a bit touchy on this matter. Were you there? Please fill us in.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, having read ALL of the articles and pictures and NOT just skimming headlines.

It seems that NONE of the Tampa PD officers mentioned in the report or visable in the photo have drawn guns.  My guess is that they arent allowed to draw guns except to shoot, and they arent allowed to chase people with gun in hand. I have heard that this is not uncommon, it prevents dropped and lost guns and also AD's.  This is especally true in Glock equipped PD's

It also appears that Tampa does not issue carbines or shotguns to its patrolmen.  Here we have a shots fired/officer down call, and no one is visable or mentioned with a long gun until SWAT arrives.  Not a good situation.  This is a department that needs some work in the officer survival area.

Given this, I dont see where the lady who got killed did anything wrong, she followed her departments flawed procedure to the letter. She was just unlucky, he only had a handgun, she was wearing armor, but she was hit twice in the head and once in the neck and any one of the wounds would have been mortal.  She just had the bad luck to chase after one of the few criminals in the world who was actualy a good shot with a handgun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trolling dickhead.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#31]
"My guess is that they arent allowed to draw guns except to shoot, and they arent allowed to chase people with gun in hand."

Sorry, but your guess is incorrect.  They are allowed to draw if fired on, they are allowed to draw if they feel in danger.

She was inept, it is sad but true that inept people weed themselves out.  No apologies need be made, we don't have to talk badly about her, we just have to learn from her grievous mistake.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Here in Finland, when LEOs die in the line of duty it is somewhat rare, but when it happens people are generally upset and angry, s they should be. You don´t have the fear of some agency knocking in your door or something like that. The government has trust in the citizens and we trust the government.

This is an unfortunate incident. And shame on the airheads spouting their mouths here. Everytime you wind up in the shit, who do you call, the cops. 99% of the LEOs are people doing a shitty job, someone has to do it. Of course there are corrupt and other wise FUBAR people there, every profession has them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I choose the hoops I jump through, but thanks for taking the time to ask the pertinent questions.

At least you have proved that *you* aren't inept, right?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I see no need to qualify my opinion, much as you haven't felt the need to qualify your opinion, as to needing lifts, don't worry, we tall people really don't look down on the height impaired...
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Yawn, if you say so Dad.

Isn't it nice that we can agree to disagree, oh wait, you still haven't reached that point.  Proceed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Hielo:  Why don't you qualify your opinion.  That way we know if you are just another armchair quarterback with nothing to back it up or are you truly qualified to make an informed opinion.  To me you seem just like another keyboard commando.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Read the article before you run your punk-ass mouth
View Quote

wooooooooo!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I dont know hilo,

Did you read all the articles, including the interview with the photographer?  He says he was right with the first four officers at the moment the shots were fired.  There are no drawn guns in the picture which he claims was taken just seconds later... Now why would they not have their guns out having just been under fire if they haven't been trained to not take their guns out until they had already decided to make a shot, and to not be running around with their gun in their hand?

I am not saying its a good idea, its stupid, but it sure seems to be the case.  Now maybe the officers who actually had line of sight might have had their guns out, but we cant see them in the picture.  Anybody got any other pics?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#42]
"Did you read all the articles, including the interview with the photographer? He says he was right with the first four officers at the moment the shots were fired. There are no drawn guns in the picture which he claims was taken just seconds later... Now why would they not have their guns out having just been under fire if they haven't been trained to not take their guns out until they had already decided to make a shot, and to not be running around with their gun in their hand?"

Uhhh, because she was inept?

Yes, I did read the linked article and a few others I found while persuing this post.  If somebody is shooting at you, you return fire, if you don't, usually you are going to die....anybody disagree?

Looks like she didn't and she did die.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#44]
CHill out SGB, neither one of us have the real facts, we can only go by what our gut tells us.  You see it one way, and you expressed it, cool.  I see it another and I expressed, again, cool.

Relax, we really are on the same side.  If it came down to it, and both of us were standing there watching it go down, I am sure that we both would have done what we could to help the lady out.  The rest of this is just chewing the fat.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#46]
BOland, I picked on no one, I simply expressed my worldview, that being ineptitude is always paid for.  You don't like it?  Great, it's not your worldview.

As to your last comment, she doesn't seem to have much choice in the matter, does she?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I may or may not add fuel to this fire with my opinion, but whoop-de-doo.

The LEO was NOT killed in cold blood.

A cold blooded killing is when somebody gets the hook without knowing there was any such danger and could not defend him or herself.

That said, it is unfortunate when ANYONE pursuing a bad guy gets waxed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey, it is a big world, and I am neither happy nor unhappy that she bought it.  I didn't know her, I had nothing to do with her (No...hey, I swear).  , if it wasn't her, someone else was going to die, it was her turn.

Now don't get me wrong, again, I could care less.  I guess I could mouth some insincere bull about it, but it really didn't affect me.  No say, You get it, or any of the other people on this board, I woudl feel a true sadness and I would be pissed at some insensitive scum who bad mouthed you, but that isn't what happened here .

While I took a minute and a half to write this 500 people around the world died in various ways, no one but those who knew them are broken up over it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I see no need to qualify my opinion, much as you haven't felt the need to qualify your opinion, as to needing lifts, don't worry, we tall people really don't look down on the height impaired...
View Quote
One: you are one arrogant SOB 'we tall people'.

Two:People have asked you to qualify your remarks and you have steadfastly refused to do so.  If you have never been under fire, you are not qualified to say who is or is not inept in such a situation.

Three:That picture is scaring the hell out of children all over the world.

Now don't get me wrong, again, I could care less.
View Quote
This means that you do care, because you could care less.  If you don't care, then you say I could not care less.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top