Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2001 6:46:28 PM EDT
At the local gun store they have a Kimber Pro Carry stainless in .45 for $749 but I know he will come down on the price.
Just like this one.
[img]http://www.kimberamerica.com/_images/13.3-Stainless-Pro-Carry.jpg[/img]
I have an HK USP40C that I rarely shoot and was considering trading for the Kimber. I used to be really big on the .40 caliber but I'm not to fond of it anymore.  The Kimber is SO light and has a SWEET trigger. What do you guys think I should do?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The more I think about it the more I want to do it. I really don't like the manual of arms on the HK. The DA pull is pretty heavy and I decided that if I ever carried it I would carry cocked and locked. I prefer either DAO or SA, I don't like to mix it up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
do it. Do it. [i]Do it.[/i] [b]DO IT![/b]
I feel better now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I would do that trade in a heart beat.  I had a UPS 40C and I really didn't like shooting it.  The .40 in that package never felt right to me.  Too much snap when I shot it.  The recoil seemed to twist the pistol in my hand instead of what I prefer which is movement back or up.  

I love my USP .45T and I like the USP 9mm compact but not the .40C.  

I have heard only good things about the Kimber you mention.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
If your usp was a 45 would you still consider it? i thought about it a lot, years ago, and though i think 40`s are good, i prefer to stay with 45. being a 1911 fan, i would say go for it, but usp`s are good in any caliber...[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have carried a Glock 23 then 27 for Y E A R S.
(both .40's)
Got the first Kimber, a 5 inch target model and at 50yds with a rest I can get rounds to touch!
Next came the 3 inch ultra carry (won 1st compact class at the Florida Single Stack with it out of the box). Oh Yeah I love it..
Next the 4 inch small frame a real go to gun.
all of them now have a smith & Alexander mag well and a Wilson extended slide release(need nothing more)I use nothing but Wilson mags and all of the kimbers are what I think a "TRP"(tactical response pistol) should be!
Keep in mind the small frames are easyer to conceal.
And as far as .40 Vs. .45? if you want to make a bullet get bigger when it finds it's target start with a bigger bullet!

"You can't miss fast enough!"
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Go for it man.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Like the Nike ad says: JUST DO IT!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I had that model Kimber, and It was a beautiful pistol, vry reliable, but not accurate enough for competition, so I traded for a full size.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would trade, but I too would recommend trading for a full size. I had a Pro-Carry but traded it for a "76" Firebird I thought I needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top