Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2001 10:32:56 PM EDT
Write your rep now and make it known that you do not support campaign finance reform!  It will make it illegal for gun advocate groups to speak for against candidates.  This violates our free speech.

[url]http://www.house.gov/writerep/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Done. And from there, I added my rep's homepage to my faves to make this easier in the future. Thanks for the heads up M15A2.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the great link.

My rep. didn't have an e-mail addy. for the longest time. He likes to keep costs down. [8D] Now I find he has one and a website. woohoo.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Are any of you guys NRA members, they have been on this one for months now.  I have already written my senatorsand congressmen about three times each on this one.  We need to be faster than this and react much sooner.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Done, boss.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's what I sent:

I am writing to request that you not support any campaign finance reform bill which would prevent groups such as the NRA from supporting pro-2nd amendment candidates. Such "reform" would do nothing except make it even more difficult for the small guy to have a voice in the political arena. My memberships in these types of groups empower me through association with literally millions of like minded individuals. Any effort to curb our associated influence is a violation of my first amendment rights, and equally important, endagers my 2nd amendment rights.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Jim Crispino
View Quote

Feel free to copy it or modify it to better reflect your thoughts.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Done.  What is really good about this, since I moved to Palmyra, NY, is I'm no longer in the congressional district of that rabid liberal Louise M. Slaughter.  Maybe the Honorable Thomas Reynolds might actually listen.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's what I sent:

I am writing to request that you not support any campaign finance reform bill which would prevent groups such as the NRA from supporting pro-2nd amendment candidates. Such "reform" would do nothing except make it even more difficult for the small guy to have a voice in the political arena. My memberships in these types of groups empower me through association with literally millions of like minded individuals. Any effort to curb our associated influence is a violation of my first amendment rights, and equally important, endagers my 2nd amendment rights.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Jim Crispino
View Quote

Feel free to copy it or modify it to better reflect your thoughts.
View Quote

Done, thanks Critter & M15A2
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:55:43 AM EDT
[#8]
The Honerable Mike Roberts;

You have mail!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is mine...

Dear Mr. Boucher,

I am writing you this e-mail to encourage you to vote in OPPOSITION to the McCain-Fiengold campaign finance reform bill.  As a freedom loving citizen of the United States, I firmly believe that this bill directly assaults the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.  As you know, this amendment protects political speech, however, the language set in this piece of legislation bans any ads sixty days before an election.  What kind of country is this if we can't voice our opinions through mass media on a particular candidate's platform during an election?  I strongly urge you to vote against this bill for the good of the country.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Lets send Washington a message.  If everyone here sends something to their congressmen we may make a difference.  THIS IS A GUN CONTROL BILL!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry to say, but even if I do write/email, my two Senators are Patty Murray and Cantwell of WA.....both Democrats.

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#12]
An email is definitely a good idea, but if you sit down and write a letter to your represenatives/senators their offices tend to really respond.

Emails can be sent by anyone and copy and pasted text may just as well have come from a dummy server siponing names and addys off of 411.com.  It really means something when they recieve a typed letter signed and dated by a constituent.

Email often, but don't forget to write to put that exclamation point at the end of Support our Rights!

Ryan
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#13]
If you are writing to Dems, express concern that the AFL-CIO and Greenpeace would not be allowed to lobby for their members anymore.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top