Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/19/2005 7:08:50 AM EDT
If you've seen it already then tell us what you think.

Smash or trash???
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagola
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
now a couple of people that went to the midnight showing, said it was awesome, as soon as i get off from work i am going, counting down the hours 6 left tick tock tick tock
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw it at midnight last night and here is my review:

-Lots of cool shit
-some gehy shit
-couple of terrible moments
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#5]
LOTS of action.

Very dark themes.

Too much CG.

Easily the best of the last 3 prequels tho!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#6]
A-nus, not to offend, but that is the LAMEST F 'ing review I have ever read!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I went for the eye candy.

boing!

And seriously, the movie ruled.  Given that Lucas doesn't do dialogue well at all, this one is up there with Empire.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#8]
haven't seen it yet, waiting for DVD.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I know   But it's the most accurate review you will get.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Haven't seen it yet, will see it this weekend or next week...I can wait until the crowds die down.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Gonna copy/paste what i wrote in another thread:

I agree. 4th best, maybe tied with Jedi. They didnt really explain who Grievous was and why he was there. Also, Anakin's turn to the Dark Side seemed rushed. The novelization that came out a few weeks ago went much deeper into why he turned. Its important to remember that the reason the dialogue sounds so wooden is because Lucas forces the actors to say his lines word for word. No ad lib or variation is allowed like in the Original Trilogy
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Once you see the movie you will understand that he is exactly right.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#15]
MIdnight showing with my kids! It was a great time and great movie.
CH
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got back from a 10 am showing. I say it's amazing.

The story was very good.

The dialog was vastly improved from Ep. II. While still lacking in some areas, it was very well done.

The action scenes were jaw dropping. Grievous' scenes were awesome.

The CG was incredible. Not good - incredible.

The motivations for some characters were well characterized...

As Dolomite said, easily the best of the 3 prequels. I would take it a step farther and say it might replace Return of the Jedi as my #3 favorite Star Wars movie.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Really looking foward to it.  Gonna see it tomorrow night.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Saw it last night at 12:01,

my review

It was good, I was glad I saw it.

Lucas, a dialogue writer he isn't, some of the speech was f'n terrible

The battle scenes were good, really good, I actually liked anakin before his turn.

General Greivious (or whatever) seems thrown in last minute, you would think that with the war that has been fighting for the past two movies we would have at least heard about him before this.

I am actually glad I paid $8.50 to see natalie portman die, she is terrible in these movies.

there are a couple of scnese where they could've replaced the actors with 2 X 4s and it would have been the same. wooden acting and dialogue.

I liked A-nus's review the best so far.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The story was very good.

The dialog was vastly improved from Ep. II. While still lacking in some areas, it was very well done.

As Dolomite said, easily the best of the 3 prequels. I would take it a step farther and say it might replace Return of the Jedi as my #3 favorite Star Wars movie.

General Grevious was AMAZING! The close up of his face was likley the best CGI I have seen.
Will be seeing it again!
CH
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#20]

General Greivious (or whatever) seems thrown in last minute, you would think that with the war that has been fighting for the past two movies we would have at least heard about him before this.

Watch the cartoon "Clone Wars". It covers the time between Episode 2 and 3, and I didn't see any overlapping.  It was done very well and the latter part of the 2nd season covers General Greivious and his kidnapping of Palpatine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

my review

The battle scenes were good, really good, I actually liked anakin before his turn.

I am actually glad I paid $8.50 to see natalie portman die, she is terrible in these movies.

there are a couple of scnese where they could've replaced the actors with 2 X 4s and it would have been the same. wooden acting and dialogue.

Grevious comes in during the Clone wars which is between ep2 and ep 3, not during the last two movies. Only since the EP2. Read the clone wars books, lots of details. Audio books are good too!

CH
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The story was very good.

General Grevious was AMAZING! The close up of his face was likley the best CGI I have seen.
Will be seeing it again!
CH

Just saw an 11:15 am showing... I wholeheartedly agree with the above.  Just one great movie.  I think Lucas redeemed himself on this one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The story was very good.

Will be seeing it again!
CH

+1

next time I see it I hope it's at a digital-projection theater.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Saw it this morning 12:01am. It's a smash definitely a smash. If you can go and see it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Grievous from "Clone Wars"

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my review

Grevious comes in during the Clone wars which is between ep2 and ep 3, not during the last two movies. Only since the EP2. Read the clone wars books, lots of details. Audio books are good too!

CH

Okay, that seems to make sense,
I guess lucas should think that maybe not everyone has seen the animated series
(although I want to, the guy doing it is Genndoy Tartofsky, dexters lab right?)
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I tried watching that animated series. I couldn't get past the horrible looking characters.  

BTW that name sounds right but I think the guy did "Samurai Jack".
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll say. Its the best Star Wars movie of all. Almost constant action. The normal Star Wars cheesy dialogue was kept to a minimum. Oh its still there. Just not quite as prevailent as before. I'll be seeing it again
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
how long is it? I like long movies like LOTR.

2.5 hours. Your eyeballs will be floating.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Other than the jackoff and his two little brats that sat behind me......It was great!

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#32]
more like 2 hrs 15 minutes

about 2:25 with the previews. I was home before 2:30 last night.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

my review

CH

(although I want to, the guy doing it is Genndoy Tartofsky, dexters lab right?)

Actually I was referring to the books. I didnt see the animated series until last week. The books go into great detail about Grevious and is painted as much more of a bad ass then the movie. I actually was more exited about seeing him then most the other moments of hte film, because of the clone wars books.
CH
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I saw the 12:01am last night. I liked the movie, best of the prequels.........

Very dark at times, be careful with young (6 or younger) kids.

I wish Anakin would have killed all the "nerdlings" at the theatre though.................
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#35]
just got back..

im not into it at all .. and i still liked it..

saw the 10 am show.. cost me 4 bucks... best 4 bucks ive ever spent.

not even gonna try to review it..    just go see it.

one more thing... i didnt see what peole are talking about ... the part about it being to "dark" for kids...   I went during the day while my kids where in school cause i heard it would be to "dark" for them..   hell some of the kid shows are worse then this.. < still good>

eta

lots of the fighting scenes felt lke if i was playing the PS2 game " battlefront "   again.. that was a good thing
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#36]

It's not that you need to see the animated series, it just helps. The text to start the movie, like all the Star Wars movies, catches you up to the present time.  It's just easier with a visual than text.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I wish Anakin would have killed all the "nerdlings" at the theatre though.................

Funny as a person in line last night started making fun of the nerds with the sabers. He was showing off for his date. I leaned over and said, "and you standing in line to catch a 12:01 showing of star wars doenst scream "geek"?".  My oldest daughter started laughing, my wife told me to stop picking on him and his date giggled. He just shut up.

I enjoyed all the kids swinging sabers around, made the wait in line entertaing.
CH
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#38]
i will wait till it comes out on DVD, just too nerdy for me to run and get inline for hours just to watch a kids movie, or any movie for that matter.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny as a person in line last night started making fun of the nerds with the sabers. He was showing off for his date. I leaned over and said, "and you standing in line to catch a 12:01 showing of star wars doenst scream "geek"?".  My oldest daughter started laughing, my wife told me to stop picking on him and his date giggled. He just shut up.

I enjoyed all the kids swinging sabers around, made the wait in line entertaing.
CH

Yeah I could tell there had been alot of "lightsaber duel" practicing in the backyard before last night.

When one broke out I would yell real loud

"oooooh a light-thaber battle"

(thats my nerd voice)
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

It's not that you need to see the animated series, it just helps. The text to start the movie, like all the Star Wars movies, catches you up to the present time.  It's just easier with a visual than text.

The trouble with the animated series is the entire series is just over an hour long, all 20+ eps. They were minis series(5 min or so each) and lack TONS of info. READ THE BOOKS! Listen to audio books at the office. Dont depend on the animated series to fill you.
CH
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

There's a big difference between a nerd and a geek. Geeks can get dates and know not to wear costumes in public.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Meh.

The dialogue between Padme and Annie made me want to shove pins into my eyeballs. CG was good. I was actually let down as I was expecting something on par with the Clone Wars cartoons.
imho, ymmv, my .02, etc etc
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#43]

The trouble with the animated series is the entire series is just over an hour long, all 20+ eps. They were minis series(5 min or so each) and lack TONS of info. READ THE BOOKS! Listen to audio books at the office. Dont depend on the animated series to fill you.

Understood, but I love mah cartoons and the whole series was on at one time last week.  With comercials it was 3 hours.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Did you guys wait in line?

I bought tickets yesterday at 3:30pm online, went to the theatre at 11:30 and got a decent seat, no lines.........
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#45]
IMHO

The best f'ing Star Wars movie to date!

Yes I said it. Better than the original (Episode 4.) And this coming from someone who grew up during the original 3.

It starts off strong. Developes all the characters better than I imagined. Battle scenes are well done, intense but easily followed. The darkness that everyone talks about was well played out. No silly kid shit like the first 2 prequels.

Our theater had the most incredible sound system. The seats rumbled during the battle scenes.

R2 starts out whooping ass.

Anakin and Obie Wan kick ass.

Yoda kicks ass.

The Empirer kicks ass.

The robot lord (can't remember his name) kicks ass.

By far the most sword play in any of the 6 movies.

Stop what you're doing and go see it now!

All this coming from someone who does not profess to be a Star Wars fanatic.

Oh yeah, don't take your under young kids to see it. A four year old got so scared she spilled her drink on me.
I had to draw down.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#46]

I bought tickets yesterday at 3:30pm online, went to the theatre at 11:30 and got a decent seat, no lines......

Dick.  I bought mine online 2 weeks ago, and was inline at 9 PM after dinner (I was around the 400 to 500th person in line).  They led us into a theater at 930 so we at least had seats and A/C.  You know how much a Princess Leiah thong rides up your ass when you're in line for 5 hours.  I don't want to even think about it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I bought tickets yesterday at 3:30pm online, went to the theatre at 11:30 and got a decent seat, no lines......

Dick.  I bought mine online 2 weeks ago, and was inline at 9 PM after dinner (I was around the 400 to 500th person in line).  They led us into a theater at 930 so we at least had seats and A/C.  You know how much a Princess Leiah thong rides up your ass when you're in line for 5 hours.  I don't want to even think about it.

yes I do...........
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I'd also like to point out the excellent job that Ewan McGregor did with Obi-Wan- particularly in this movie. He really brought that character to life, and the progression he made from Padawan in Ep. I to Jedi Master (all the while mimicking Sir Alec Guinness' performances) deserve some mention. His portrayal of loss when he left Anakin on Malastare was very well done.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

There's a big difference between a nerd and a geek. Geeks can get dates and know not to wear costumes in public.

Kharn

he is correct, difference between nerd and geek lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Kharn

he is correct, difference between nerd and geek lol

Right, the geeks only wear the costumes at home! Dont know what I was thinking.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top