Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
someone needs to be prosecuted.

Instead of flushing the koran you want the 1st Amendment flushed instead?

Ever heard of yelling 'Fire!" in a crowded theater?

Apples and oranges.

No, it isn't.  It's using a false communication to cause a panic that gets people hurt or killed.  It's the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How about Pham Xuan An?

(and the shit he spoonfed to Time, which they dutifully reprinted?)

Does the first amendment cover that?

Huh?

I love when people add the "Huh?" to the end, it REALLY makes it seem as if they have the upper hand

I do not know enough about your question to give an honest answer.  If you would like to give a write up about the spy and the parts you want my opinion on, feel free.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Whitaker told Reuters that Newsweek did not know if the reported toilet incident involving the Koran ever occurred. "As to whether anything like this happened, we just don't know," he said in an interview. "We're not saying it absolutely happened but we can't say that it absolutely didn't happen either."

Just ducky.

I'm saying that Bin Laden was abducted by aliens. I "can't prove that it didn't happen," that makes it good print.

These guys need to hire the entire staff of The National Enquirer for editorial staff.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples and oranges.

No, it isn't.  It's using a false communication to cause a panic that gets people hurt or killed.  It's the exact same thing.

Nope, it isn't.

Magazines, TV shows, radio programs, etc. etc. etc. give false communications all the time, whether by accident, on purpose to get reader/viewership, or as a joke.  

Whether you want to believe it or not is YOUR problem.

I will not blame the magazine for saying such a simple thing, I will blame the savages that did the killing and want to kill and torture more people over it.

Hell, there are people in this thread who are saying that they have desecrated the quran, terrorists might be upset about that, should we imprison/kill those members of this forum as well?
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You have serious logic problems there…

How is a comedy show comparable to a new magazine?

Newsweek is not a sarcasm magazine…

Intentionally printing lies as fact is not protected speech… fact of law.

Newsweek almost certainly printed something they knew to not be true with political malice… and people got killed. Newsweek had to admit this after someone caught them.

Like I said you have serious logic problems if you do not know the difference between a news comedy show and a news magazine… but then again after the Newsweek story that may be a distinction without distinction

I see what is said in Newsweek to be just about as true as what I see on The Daily Show, and many other people here agree with that.  Even in this thread people say how Newsweek always prints a bunch of BS.

Just because you are gullable enough to believe them, it doesn't change a thing.  They are a rag looking for readers in any way possible, which is usually with hyped up propaganda.  What is said in the rag is to be believed no more than MAD Magazine, whether you want to believe it or not

We should blame Newsweek and loudly.

That's what's wrong with this country, people like you blaming a known BS magazine instead of the fucking terrorists that did the killing  Let's blame firearms for killings as well!

It is clear no you have no logic process.

Firearms are inanimate objects that just sit there…

Newsweek is a magazine that has words, these words change from issue to issue… these words come from people.

When you can find me a gun that jumps off the table by itself and shoots somebody I will blame it.

I will in the meantime rightfully BLAME Newsweek for willfully spreading lies, lies they knew would have consequences…
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about Pham Xuan An?

Huh?

I love when people add the "Huh?" to the end, it REALLY makes it seem as if they have the upper hand

I do not know enough about your question to give an honest answer.  If you would like to give a write up about the spy and the parts you want my opinion on, feel free.

It's bait for people from Jersey. (and it works)

Since you've no quarrel with Newsweek printing inflammatory false material that gets Americans killed, doubtless you found no fault with Time's unbiased coverage of Vietnam or CNN's delightful Tailwind fantasy.

The idea that perception is reality seems lost on you, and the fact is that Newsweek created the perception of legitimacy to the story and that cost lives. The First is not a defense for printing false stories that have very real effects (now or 30 years ago)

Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about Pham Xuan An?

Huh?

It's bait for people from Jersey. (and it works)

Ummmm, how did it work?????  

Are you just mad because you're trolling and it didn't work???
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It is clear no you have no logic process.

Firearms are inanimate objects that just sit there…

Newsweek is a magazine that has words, these words change from issue to issue… these words come from people.

When you can find me a gun that jumps off the table by itself and shoots somebody I will blame it.

I will in the meantime rightfully BLAME Newsweek for willfully spreading lies, lies they knew would have consequences…

If you could find me a magazine that jumps off the bookshelf and hurts someone, you might have a point.

Until then, I surely would not talk about logic if I were you...
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Since you've no quarrel with Newsweek printing inflammatory false material that gets Americans killed,

THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

I have a problem with ANYTHING that gets Americans killed.  But Newsweek did not get anyone killed whatsoever.  The only thing that got Americans killed was the fucking terrorists!
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+ A Billion

It's about time we hold these "journalists" accountable, and make them understand that
"sorry" doesn't cut it. they should fire everyone involved and prosecute them as well.
People died 'cause this asshole wanted to "raise some eyebrows" and make a name for himself.
God I hate the media in this country...
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
F*** the skull of NEWSWEAK.

Too little too late.

Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#12]
It's really very simple.

1. Find out who wrote the story.

2. Ship his ass over to the Mullahs and tell them he is the fucker who was supposed to have done the deed at Gitmo.

3. Nuke anybody that isn't satisfied. Caution: don't look at the flashes!

See....not a problem!  

Personally, as we are at war and this directly compromises our troops safety, I would like to see the journalist and the managing editor tried for sedition.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What a bunch of stupid fooktards!

Newsweek says may have erred in Koran report

Does this mean that the moslems are going to retract the jihad on us, thereby denying us the excuse to kill more of them?
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

FoxNews is reporting that Newsweek's 'SOURCE' was a single released detainee.

Oh, boy. I'm sure he was impartial!
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, boy. I'm sure he was impartial!

Oh it is worse than that:

The weekly news magazine said in its May 23 edition that the information had come from a "knowledgeable government source" who told Newsweek that a military report on abuse at Guantanamo Bay said interrogators flushed at least one copy of the Koran down a toilet in a bid to make detainees talk.

But Newsweek said the source later told the magazine he could not be certain he had seen an account of the Koran incident in the military report and that it might have been in other investigative documents or drafts.

Link to the Newsweek apology story:

story.news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050515/ts_nm/religion_afghan_newsweek_dc
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys are missing the point.  As messed up as Newsweek is, THEY DIDNT KILL ANYBODY.

Yes, they were blatantly incorrect, but to say there is a JUSTIFIABLE cause and effect between the deaths and Newsweek is ridiculous.  Yes, clearly a cause and effect exists, but does that justify the actions of the people who killed others?  Give me a break.

Newsweek can be charged with slander/libel whatever, but it is the savages who should be tried for murder, not Newsweek.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You guys are missing the point.  As messed up as Newsweek is, THEY DIDNT KILL ANYBODY.

Yes, they were blatantly incorrect, but to say there is a JUSTIFIABLE cause and effect between the deaths and Newsweek is ridiculous.  Yes, clearly a cause and effect exists, but does that justify the actions of the people who killed others?  Give me a break.

Newsweek can be charged with slander/libel whatever, but it is the savages who should be tried for murder, not Newsweek.

Thank you, I was starting to get scared that there was absolutely no hope left.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you, I was starting to get scared that there was absolutely no hope left.

If I yell fire in a crowded theatre....resulting in the trampling deaths of 5 people...I'm gonna be tried for 5 counts of something....first amendmant or not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If I yell fire in a crowded theatre....resulting in the trampling deaths of 5 people...I'm gonna be tried for 5 counts of something....first amendmant or not.

If I eat an apple, I am not eating an orange.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain your fruity analogy.

NewsWeak did holler and people did die.....how does that not fit the bill for inciting people to murder?
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NewsWeak did holler and people did die.....how does that not fit the bill for inciting people to murder?

I already explained how it's apples and oranges, I'm not here to repeat myself over and over just because you don't understand.

BTW, Newsweek might have hollered, but people died because terrorists killed them- that is the reason and the only thing to blame, that is all there is to it.

One thing that I did ask and haven't received an answer to:

Hell, there are people in this thread who are saying that they have desecrated the quran, terrorists might be upset about that, should we imprison/kill those members of this forum as well?

Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sorry, but printing LIES is not covered by the 1st Amendment, in my book, especially when those LIES are printed as if they were REAL NEWS, and they end up getting people killed, AND it is clear that from the getgo, the entire story stank to high heaven.

The 1st Amendment is supposed to keep us free from tyranny from a goverment we choose to speak out against. You want to call the President a murderer? Fine. Have at it. You print a LIE which you KNOW is a LIE, and people DIE for it, you should bloody well be held accountable.

Newsweek is a far cry from some website or other. It is a major part of the established media, and as such must be held to a more serious standard than any chat board. These people are supposed to be professionals who seek and publish the TRUTH. Unfortunately, they've gotten away with redefining the 1st Amendment to meaning they can say ANYTHING they want, true or not, and God help anyone who doesn't like it. Oh, sure, they also redefined it to cover piss Christ but not political ads 30 days before an election, so why is anyone shocked?

These people post BULLSHIT and KNEW it. They should also have bloody well known that the scumbags we're fighting would take a story like this and riot with it. But hey, they wanted to make the United States look bad, so why not?

Criminal negligence, if you ask me. Pure and simple.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I already explained how it's apples and oranges, I'm not here to repeat myself over and over just because you don't understand.

BTW, Newsweek might have hollered, but people died because terrorists killed them- that is the reason and the only thing to blame, that is all there is to it.

One thing that I did ask and haven't received an answer to:

Look....I am not an attorney....I don't even play one on TV. I don't see that the comments posted on this board have resulted in the deaths of anyone.

This isn't a news organ that people use to make life decisions....well, most people anyway. NewsWeak is just that type of organ.

We know that NewsWeaks irresponsibilities have resulted in multiple deaths because the Mullahs have cited the article. There seems to me some causatory actions were taken by NewsWeak by publishing the shit.

As far as your "not being here to repeat yourself" ......then don't.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, but printing LIES is not covered by the 1st Amendment, in my book, especially when those LIES are printed as if they were REAL NEWS, and they end up getting people killed, AND it is clear that from the getgo, the entire story stank to high heaven.

The 1st Amendment is supposed to keep us free from tyranny from a goverment we choose to speak out against. You want to call the President a murderer? Fine. Have at it. You print a LIE which you KNOW is a LIE, and people DIE for it, you should bloody well be held accountable.

Fine, I changed my mind, I made a mistake.

If you can prove that they knowingly lied, hold them accountable for that.  Would perjury laws cover that?  Is there any law to cover that?

Write them their $15 fine and be on your way.

But to blame a newspaper for that actions of fucking terrorists is no better than blaming a video game, song, or firearm for a killing.

BTW:

These people are supposed to be professionals who seek and publish the TRUTH.
Who decides what they are supposed to be???  What ever happened to that thing called freedom??  If they want to start writing fiction, I'm all for it!  Who the fuck is in the position to say what form of writing they can do?  
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Newsweek published the story specifically to hurt Bush by damaging the US reputation in muslim countries.  This is exactly the outcome they wanted, although they may have not anticipated the deaths.

The story has no effect on politics within the US or Europe.  Those that support Bush could care less about a Koran going down the toilet.  Those that already were opposed don't matter.  The only purpose of the article was to infuriate the muslim world against the current administration, and it worked.

Its simply treason.  If true, it'd just be freedom of the press, but if they knew the story was not likely true before publishing, which it sounds like(CBS copycats), then they are specifically trying to incite nations that we are currently conducting military operations in to rise up against the US.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

[billclinton]Now that's whut ah call an "unimpeachable source"![/billclinton] .......
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Look....I am not an attorney....I don't even play one on TV.

That means absolutely nothing here, but thanks for the info...

I don't see that the comments posted on this board have resulted in the deaths of anyone.
What if they had?  Would you then blame the members here and demand that they are imprisoned or killed?

This isn't a news organ that people use to make life decisions....well, most people anyway. NewsWeak is just that type of organ.

Newsweek is a shitty rag filled with BS, as most people here will tell you.  If you want to believe what it says and start killing people, that is YOUR choice, and YOU are to blame.

We know that NewsWeaks irresponsibilities have resulted in multiple deaths because the Mullahs have cited the article. There seems to me some causatory actions were taken by NewsWeak by publishing the shit.

The multiple deaths were caused by savages killing people, that is all.

As far as your "not being here to repeat yourself" ......then don't.

Then stop asking the same questions of me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Newsweek published the story specifically to hurt Bush by damaging the US reputation in muslim countries.

And that there sums up why most people here are so mad at Newsweek and feel that they are to blame.

If it were a pro-Bush Republican magazine no one here would be blaming them.

I am a Republican, I support Bush, but I will not be so biased that I can't see that terrorists are to blame instead of a fucking magazine.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Newsweek published the story specifically to hurt Bush by damaging the US reputation in muslim countries.  This is exactly the outcome they wanted, although they may have not anticipated the deaths.

The story has no effect on politics within the US or Europe.  Those that support Bush could care less about a Koran going down the toilet.  Those that already were opposed don't matter.  The only purpose of the article was to infuriate the muslim world against the current administration, and it worked.

Its simply treason.  If true, it'd just be freedom of the press, but if they knew the story was not likely true before publishing, which it sounds like(CBS copycats), then they are specifically trying to incite nations that we are currently conducting military operations in to rise up against the US.

Newsweek knew exactly what they were doing, exactly what the reaction would be, they have internally done huge permanent irreparable and potentially disastrous damage.

And Americans are going to die as a result.

Yes it borders on treason.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Look....I am not an attorney....I don't even play one on TV.

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh! great they inflame most of the Islamic world even more than they were then admit  "We mave have been mistaken!" Just fucking great!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Newsweek published the story specifically to hurt Bush by damaging the US reputation in muslim countries.

And that there sums up why most people here are so mad at Newsweek and feel that they are to blame.

I am a Republican, I support Bush, but I will not be so biased that I can't see that terrorists are to blame instead of a fucking magazine.

One more time:

Newsweek knew exactly what they were doing…

Newsweek knew exactly what the reaction in the Muslim world be, the reaction was predictable…

Newsweek intentionally did damage to US foreign policy, and prospects on the battlefield…

American soldiers and civilians are going to die because of Newsweeks actions, people who would not have died otherwise…

Newsweek is acting as a de-facto propaganda organ of the Islmo-Fascist.

Newsweek is responsible, we are at war and there is NO damn excuse for this.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh! great they inflame most of the Islamic world even more than they were then admit  "We mave have been mistaken!" Just fucking great!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

But to blame a newspaper for that actions of fucking terrorists is no better than blaming a video game, song, or firearm for a killing.

You seem to be concluding that I hold the murderers faultless. Nothing could be further from the truth. I hold both the magazine AND the murderers responsible.

BTW:

Who decides what they are supposed to be???  What ever happened to that thing called freedom??  If they want to start writing fiction, I'm all for it!  Who the fuck is in the position to say what form of writing they can do?  

If it is FACTUALLY INNACURATE, then they should be held responsible, just as Enron executives weere held responsible for FACTUALLY INNACURATE statements.

Beyond that, they can write whatever the hell they want, so long as they PLAINLY say it's their OPINION. THAT is what the 1st Amendment is supposed to be about. I can say what I think of the government and it's policies, and they can't do a damned thing about it. However, when a NEWS ORGAN LIES, and people end up DEAD because of it, it is PROFESSIONAL MALPRACTICE.

It's about time these "I'm so far above the law I wipe my ass with God's beard" journalists started catching the heat they so happily throw at everyone else.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One more time:

Newsweek knew exactly what they were doing…

Newsweek knew exactly what the reaction in the Muslim world be, the reaction was predictable…

Newsweek intentionally did damage to US foreign policy, and prospects on the battlefield…

American soldiers and civilians are going to die because of Newsweeks actions, people who would not have died otherwise…

Newsweek is responsible, we are at war and there is NO damn excuse for this.

Savage terrorists are to blame.

You saying that Newsweek is to blame for the American's dying is no better than the liberals saying that Bush is responsible for the American soldiers dying.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
just as Enron executives weere held responsible for FACTUALLY INNACURATE statements.

Hahaha, you really can't see the difference in what's written in a BS rag and what's said under oath in a court of law or in a statement under oath to be presented in a court of law?

And what exactly happened to those Enron Execs for giving factually inaccurate statements (and that alone)?  
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Newsweek lied and people died.  Ooops sorry about that.  Somehow the retraction and appology do not really seem to be enough under the circumstances.

+1 Newsreek lied and good men died.

Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

+1

...for murder.

-LS
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
just as Enron executives weere held responsible for FACTUALLY INNACURATE statements.

Hahaha, you really can't see the difference in what's written in a BS rag and what's said under oath in a court of law or in a statement under oath to be presented in a court of law?

And what exactly happened to those Enron Execs for giving factually inaccurate statements (and that alone)?  

They're in prison, where they belong. They are in prison for bullshit accounting, not lying under oath.

And that "rag" is (for some God-awful reason) a RESPECTED news source run by "professionals". They should damned well behave like it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples and oranges.

Nope, it isn't.

Yes, in fact, it is.  Your protestations won't change the facts.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

You saying that Newsweek is to blame for the American's dying is no better than the liberals saying that Bush is responsible for the American soldiers dying.

You just do not get it…

Bush is responsible, just as FDR was in WWII the Commander in Chief is always responsible when he sends troops in to battle that is his damn job.

Newsweek is responsible in this case they knew the consequences of their actions.

Hell using you illogic we could take the SOB that wrote this story and the editor that approved, give them parachutes and kick them out of a plane over >inset Muslim hellhole of choice< and the we will let the “Savage terrorists” take the blame when they lose their heads. Hell they were alive when they left the plane therefore we are not responsible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
They're in prison, where they belong. They are in prison for bullshit accounting, not lying under oath.

They aren't in prison for giving factually inaccurate statements (or did they get a $100 fine and extra 2 days sentence?), so I am wondering why you even brought that into the discussion?

And that "rag" is (for some God-awful reason) a RESPECTED news source run by "professionals". They should damned well behave like it.

If someone wants to believe their BS, that is THEIR problem.
Newsweek shouldn't behave like anything, you are not in the position to decide what they should behave like.  If they want to turn half the magazine into parody, that is their choice, they have no obligation to ask you for permission or inform you of the change.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just do not get it…

Bush is responsible, just as FDR was in WWII the Commander in Chief is always responsible when he sends troops in to battle that is his damn job.

Newsweek is responsible in this case they knew the consequences of their actions.

Hell using you illogic we could take the SOB that wrote this story and the editor that approved, give them parachutes and kick them out of a plane over >inset Muslim hellhole of choice< and the we will let the “Savage terrorists” take the blame when they lose their heads. Hell they were alive when they left the plane therefore we are not responsible.

Come on, that's just idiotic.

Now you are comparing kidnapping and throwing someone unwillingly out of a plane to writing an article in a bullshit magazine?

Get a fucking grip
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... you don't get anything right.

Enron executives are not being tried for lying under oath in a court of law.

They are being tried for falsifying their financial reports… just like Newsweek’s false story.

Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Yes, in fact, it is.  Your protestations won't change the facts.

I don't have to change any facts, no facts have been presented nomatter how much you try to make your opinion a fact.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... you don't get anything right.

Enron executives are not being tried for lying under oath in a court of law.

They are being tried for falsifying their financial reports… just like Newsweek’s false story.

The falsification of the reports is not the problem, that alone means nothing.  The stealing of the money is the problem.
If no money was stolen, they would not be in jail for falsifying anything.

And it is NOTHING like what Newsweek did, comparing it is nothing more than idiotic.

Stop telling ME that I don't get anything when you apparently have no clue as to what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just do not get it…

Come on, that's just idiotic.

Now you are comparing kidnapping and throwing someone unwillingly out of a plane to writing an article in a bullshit magazine?

Get a fucking grip

They were alive when they left the plane… the “Savage terrorist" killed them not us…

How can we be held responsible?

Somebody needs a grip... got a mirror handy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They aren't in prison for giving factually inaccurate statements (or did they get a $100 fine and extra 2 days sentence?), so I am wondering why you even brought that into the discussion?

They lied on their accounting statements and thousands of investors lost their capital.

Newsweek lied and over a dozen people DIED.

The media and the left went into an apoplectic fit over Enron, and no one DIED. NOW do you see the reason for my bringing it up?

If someone wants to believe their BS, that is THEIR problem.
Newsweek shouldn't behave like anything, you are not in the position to decide what they should behave like.  If they want to turn half the magazine into parody, that is their choice, they have no obligation to ask you for permission or inform you of the change.

Bullshit. If they want to make the magazine half-parody, then SAY IT IS. DON'T try to pass it off as FACT. That is professional malpractice, and doing so should generate consequences. THAT is what it means to be a PROFESSIONAL.

If it's true for EVERY OTHER professional field in the world, why are journalists exempt? What makes THEIR shit so special that it CAN'T stink?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top