Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2001 5:01:16 PM EDT
I just ordered a new Sony DSC-F505V 3.3 MegaPixel camera.  It set me back over $900 with a sony 32MB memory stick.  I narrowed my choice down to 3 cameras a Fuji Finepix 6900, Nikon Coolpix 990 and the Sony.  They where all great cameras, but the Sony just felt right!  Has anyone had any experience with the Sony Digital cameras?  Hope I made the right choice!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Sony DSC-S70 Cybershot.  It works great.  It's nice and compact.  Real Carl Ziess optical zoom.  Takes great pictures and isn't that big.  With a photo quality printer, you can get 8x10s that are close to 35mm quality when you use photo paper.  It came with two batteries, two 8MB memory sticks, and I bought a 64MB stick extra.  I can use the USB port to dwoload it into my system, but I've found it easier to just use the memory stick floppy adapter.  That way I can mess around with one stick in the computer and still have the camera free to do things without hooking a cable to it.  I like it.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant afford one, I put every spare dime in my gun fund, no matter how many I buy I cannot satisify that urge to buy more....
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Nikon CoolPix 950 and a CoolPix 990.  They are fantastic !

The only "problem" that I've noticed with 'em is that they suck down batteries fairly quickly.  Now I just stick with NiMh batteries and always have a few sets charged up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuji MX-1200 only $199 from Amazon.com
Took this photo with it

[img]208.55.83.138/colt/coltm4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got a Sony MVC-FD75, and I like it because it takes a very good picture, but mainly because it saves images to a 3.5 in. floppy, so I no longer have to download from the camera itself. There is one that also takes a 10-second MPEG file which I tried and liked, but I don't have that kind of cash. (I DID, but I also bought an EAA Witness 9mm, 2 hi-caps, holster, and case of ammo)
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Sony DSC-S75 I like alot, It is easy to use and takes fantastic pictures. Sony Memory stick reader makes it easy and fast to download pictures to computer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I go with MelonPopper,

I have the first gen Sony Mavica MVC-FD7. Floppies rock! No stupid cables to run to the back of the computer. No special adapters to worry about. The best rechargeable battery on the planet (Has a chip in the case to assist in chargeing and lets you know how long you have left).

Doesn't matter what kind of computer or O/S, just pop in the the floppy and go view.

Sony has just came out with a CD-RW based camera the MVC-2000, MVC-3000. Now these things look awesome! [url]http://www.sonystyle.com/digitalimaging/cd_mavica.htm[/url] 1,000 VGA images on a 156 MB $8 CD-RW. 3.3 megapixel, 3X Carl Zeiss ® Vario Sonnar zoom lens.

Man, I can't wait for that to show up in my X-mas stocking!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top