Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2001 10:33:09 AM EDT
Goddammit, I wanna get a girl a half-dozen roses... okay, $20-$25, go in the fukking store

$38! AHHH, what a friggin rip...

Time to start gardening again...
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
its beouce they can get em grow your own
much cheaper and then u can impress her even mroe when u tell her heres some flowers i grew for you
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Vyper...
Can I put in my 2 cents??? I would rather have one single rose from a man than anything else! And then you go "borrow" some roses from a bush somewhere and put the petals all around her feet! (Or bed...or wherever the mood strikes! :)  )
That is so much more than a half dozen or full dozen! OH I get tingly thinking about it!!
Try it! Any fool can buy roses...It takes a real man to be creative!
Maewest-coast
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the cemetery. On a slow day, the flowers are free.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Its a scam, they only cost the big bucks certain times of the year.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I buy a dozen roses for my wife's birthday once per year.  Cost me a few bucks, but it sure beats sleeping on the couch.  How much do you spend for guns and ammo?
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to a flower store and walk thru the cooler.  Pick out the flowers that catch your eye.  Have the people put them into a vase, & add some greenery.  Shows some thought on your part.  I do this for my wife whenever I think of it.  None of this flowers on certain days BS.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I do this for my wife whenever I think of it. None of this flowers on certain days BS.
View Quote

i sure hope my b/f is reading this.  [:D]

great ideas.  roses for roses sake start to lose the meaning anyway.  not that you, Vyper, weren't 100% sincere in your intent.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't forget the cemetery. On a slow day, the flowers are free.
View Quote

heheh [:D] i forgot about that
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I buy the wife roses about once a month.  They have the south american ones for ten bucks a dozen at Safeway.  She also likes star lillys because they smell nice.  And maybe a card to go with them every couple of times.  Its cheap and keeps her happy knowing I am thinking of her.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Roses are so expensive because men love to get LAID, its just that simple![sex]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I always thought they were so expensive because the men buying them are either late for something or apologizing for something.  [:o]

Norm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top